MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 81.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Scott Walker Intrade Updates

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: President OBAMA'S Intrade

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:57 pm

64.1%
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kissyfish » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Meade,

I do appreciate your concern for balance, but as someone who has voted for both parties, I am feeling bad for a lack of an opposing party which could appeal to me. I sincerely wish I had a choice in these elections, but I do not. Both parties need a foil,to their positions but I am not finding one whichnimcan vote for. What is the deal with the right wing? It has become far too right wing for me (just my opinion) but it then leaves me to have no viable alternative as the right has become so extreme that I cannot possibly vote to the right now. Do not dismiss this as some reactionary reply, but I would like to have something a bit to the right of what my choices are, but with all of the bible thumping, and all of the false claims of fiscal responsibility I a, left with very few choices.

As much as I would like to have a valid opponent to Obama, the rigght is doing nothing but try to appeal to reactionary impulses. I would love for this to turn into a viable third party, perhaps where Ron Paul would,have his votes counted in the GOP tally, but that is not to be this year.

Unless the right will turn off its blinders we are going to,repeat it all again. And though the left needs some opposition, the right wing is much more needy. Romney is a horrible candidate for all exceptmthemleft.
kissyfish
Forum Addict

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:25 pm

kissygish,

You should vote for Mitt Romney. Look at his record as governor of Massachusetts. See? He's not far right. He's in the middle - much like Barack Obama only competent. It's time to have a competent president again - lke Bill Clinton only someone who will not abuse the help, if you know what I'm saying. Mitt Romney will be good enough and Barack can take some time off, write some books, walk his dog, give his daughters a more normal end of their childhoods, and come back in 4 or 8 or 12 or 16 years and try again. Right now we need someone who won't drive the country off the fiscal cliff. Romney is far from perfect but he's a lot better than the alternative I think you will have to agree. Good luck and remember what John F. Kennedy, 52 years ago, implored us all to do: Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:14 am

Country to Meade: "What have you done for me lately?"
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:45 am

62.9%
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:19 am

62.7%
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 am

62.5%

Gallup Tracking Tie

Rasmussen Tracking Tie

Pew Research Romney +4

Daily Kos/SEIU State of the Nation poll: Romney takes the lead in post-debate period

Public Policy Polling for Daily Kos & SEIU. 10/4-7. Likely voters. MoE ±2.72% (9/27-30 results)

The candidates for President are Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney. If the election was today, who would you vote for?
Obama 47 (49)
Romney 49 (45)

That's a pretty disastrous six-point net swing in just a week, and the first time we've ever had Romney in the lead. It is inline with all other national polling showing Romney making gains in the wake of his debate performance last week.http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/0 ... ate-period
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:49 am

Meade wrote:62.5%

Gallup Tracking Tie

Rasmussen Tracking Tie

Pew Research Romney +4

Daily Kos/SEIU State of the Nation poll: Romney takes the lead in post-debate period

Public Policy Polling for Daily Kos & SEIU. 10/4-7. Likely voters. MoE ±2.72% (9/27-30 results)

The candidates for President are Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney. If the election was today, who would you vote for?
Obama 47 (49)
Romney 49 (45)

That's a pretty disastrous six-point net swing in just a week, and the first time we've ever had Romney in the lead. It is inline with all other national polling showing Romney making gains in the wake of his debate performance last week.http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/0 ... ate-period

Poll numbers are not to be believed. Liberals are obviously under-represented, and the whole thing is a conspiracy.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:59 pm

61.4%

Looks like Barack is back where he was before he got his convention bounce.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:23 pm

Youth Engagement Falls; Registration Also DeclinesImageImageImageImage

http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/28/ ... -declines/

What is going on here? Is it dirty tricks by the GOP? Voter suppression?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:24 pm

61.0%
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 pm

60.7%
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 am

61.2%

Oct. 9: Romney Erases Obama’s Convention Bounce in Forecast
By NATE SILVER http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.co ... -forecast/

Following another day of strong polling on Tuesday, Mitt Romney advanced into the best position in the FiveThirtyEight forecast since the party conventions. His chances of winning the Electoral College are now 28.8 percent in the forecast, his highest since Aug. 29. For the first time since Aug. 28, President Obama is projected to win fewer than 300 electoral votes. And Mr. Obama’s projected margin of victory in the national popular vote — 2.0 percentage points — represents the closest the race has been since June 27.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 pm

62.4%

Losing women, losing young voters, and now Obama is losing Ohio:

The only real positive news for the Obama campaign is that both polls were started the Friday directly following the debate. There are signs that Romney’s bounce from the debate was strongest in the days right after, but had already started to ebb by the beginning of this week. It is possible that polling from later this week will find Obama with a slightly larger lead.http://elections.firedoglake.com/2012/1 ... mpetitive/
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Neade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Neade

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government