MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Mr. Meade's GOP today...

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Mr. Meade's GOP today...

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/ ... y-soldier/
A question from a gay soldier was met with boos during Thursday night’s Fox News Republican presidential debate.

“In 2010 when I was deployed to Iraq, I had to lie about who I was because I’m a gay soldier and I didn’t want to lose my job,” Stephen Hill, a U.S. soldier serving Iraq, told the candidates. “Under one of your presidencies, do you intend to circumvent the progress that have been made for gay and lesbian soldiers in the military?”
Mississippi Conservative Calls For Putting Gay People To Death http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05/19/mississippi-2/
“To be clear, I want the world to know that I do not, cannot, and will not apologize for the inspired truth of God’s Word. It is one thing that will never “change.”

“If you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement.” ~ Michele Bachmann

“If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything.”

"...the right to privacy doesn't exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution", ~ Rick Santorum.

http://gawker.com/5645463/
Georgia Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss' office has confirmed the "all faggots must die" comment left on a gay rights blog originated from his office.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/elections/ ... guise.html
Arkansas Republicans tried to distance themselves Saturday from a Republican state representative’s assertion that slavery was a “blessing in disguise” and a Republican state House candidate who advocates deporting all Muslims.

Fuqua said Saturday that he hadn’t realized he’d become a target within his own party, which he said surprised him.

“I think my views are fairly well-accepted by most people,” Fuqua said before hanging up, saying he was busy knocking on voters’ doors.

http://www.towleroad.com/2012/06/the-re ... eople.html
The Texas Republican Party platform 2012: Homosexuality

We affirm that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society and contributes to the breakdown of the family unit. Homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country’s founders, and shared by the majority of Texans. Homosexuality must not be presented as an acceptable “alternative” lifestyle, in public policy, nor should “family” be redefined to include homosexual “couples.” We believe there should be no granting of special legal entitlements or creation of special status for homosexual behavior, regardless of state of origin. Additionally, we oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality

Republican anti woman agenda: http://www.republicanshatewomen.com/

This list could be nearly endless, Mr. Meade.
Last edited by jonnygothispen on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Mr. Meade's GOP today...

Postby massimo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:41 pm

OK I missed that Akin thing, and I think it HAS to be a joke. Right?

"Lesbians can be cured by drinking something else," Akin replied "I'll leave that one to your imagination."

Edit: of course it is. Do you read the shit you post, Jonny?
Last edited by massimo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:43 pm

jonnyreeksofdesperation
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Jesus taught us to love everyone. Why do you hate the Baby Jesus, Meade?
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Well, Ted Kennedy thought that fat, lazy and stupid could be cured with scotch.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Well, Ted Kennedy thought that fat, lazy and stupid could be cured with scotch.
No need to commit a "Boehner" so early in the thread, Ned.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:01 pm

jonnygothispen-
Please edit your original post to eliminate the satirical piece about Akin which you suggested was news.
Then, please edit your thread title. Why would you give him the very attention he seeks? Can't you just ignore him?
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Well, Ted Kennedy thought that fat, lazy and stupid could be cured with scotch.

It does, in others
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Bland wrote:Can't you just ignore him?

Ignore him who?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Bland wrote:jonnygothispen-
Please edit your original post to eliminate the satirical piece about Akin which you suggested was news.
Then, please edit your thread title. Why would you give him the very attention he seeks? Can't you just ignore him?
I don't mind helping people who live off of state money, like the stately Meade does. But I see what you mean: At some point he's going to have to learn to be personally responsible for his own actions.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:Jesus taught us to love everyone. Why do you hate the Baby Jesus, Meade?

I hate him. FUCK BABY JESUS.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 pm

bdog wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:Jesus taught us to love everyone. Why do you hate the Baby Jesus, Meade?

I hate him. FUCK BABY JESUS.
You'll fit right in with Meade's GOP...

Republican candidate for the Arkansas legislature, Charlie Fuqua, and former member of the Arkansas legislature - supported by the Arkansas Republican Party and two sitting members of Congress, says in his 2012 book, “God’s Law: The Only Political Solution“
The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellious children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:
http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/ ... -children/

The Baby Jesus was God's apology for all the nonsense in the Old Testament. "Oops! Sorry! We goofed up for thousands of years! Forget everything I said! Let's start over again!" With Love, GOD
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:56 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:
I don't mind helping people who live off of state money, like the stately Meade does. But I see what you mean: At some point he's going to have to learn to be personally responsible for his own actions.

So you'd rather take your shots than work to make sure your posts are factual? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm not going to participate in the lies, but I'm not going to get too excited about Democrats who spread them. This is the bread and butter of the Republican Party. Have you ever seen the ridiculous emails that go out to the true believers? Sheesh, Obama was arrested for molesting children before his buddies at city hall buried the story! As a rule of thumb, if it says something bad about your political opponent, it must be true. No other considerations required.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 pm

massimo wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:

So you'd rather take your shots than work to make sure your posts are factual? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
No, it's definitely my mistake that I didn't take the time to check that one out. But the overall Republican attitude is beyond belief.

Nor am I surprised that you'd rather dismiss the more substantive point by trying to make my one mistake over rule that.

So what are you actually trying to say beyond the peering down your nose at me? That you can't defend today's GOP?
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to National Politics & Government