MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 75.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

What the GOP really thinks about Obama

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: What the GOP really thinks about Obama

Postby bdog » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Nutria,

First off, FUCK THE GOOD LORD.

Secondly, the tshirt is most obviously racist as Meade already said. What we don't know is who this person is or what their purpose is.

If someone showed up at an Obama rally with a "FUCK WHITEY" tshirt on wouldn't you stop and consider what might really be going on?

The guy may be exactly what he appears to be. The good lord knows there are plenty of white trash racists who will vote Republican. But would this pic be making the rounds if that shirt didn't also have the Romney Ryan logo on it? Seems a little too convenient to me. Of course, YMMV.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Well, if the media is going to give birthers, truthers, and intelligent designers equal time, I think it's only fair to give the "fake racist" cult the same sort of respect.

How's this?
A supporter of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney was spotted wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with the words "Put the white back in the White House" at a campaign event this week:

The Getty Images photograph was taken on Friday at a Romney/Ryan campaign event in Lancaster, Ohio.

According to Buzzfeed, a Romney spokesperson "commented that the shirt was reprehensible and has no place in this election."

Thanks for the denouncement, Mitt! Pulling in the racist demographic is a bit tricky, isn't it?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:37 pm

When you hear hoofbeats, Laurance Meade, think horses.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:57 pm

david cohen wrote:When you hear hoofbeats, Laurance Meade, think horses.

Why not coconuts? Why not? Huh?
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:11 pm

pjbogart wrote:
david cohen wrote:When you hear hoofbeats, Laurance Meade, think horses.

Why not coconuts? Why not? Huh?

What is the air-speed velocity of a sparrow? Please confirm.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:31 am

Meade is the sort who has to taste the dog shit before he decides whether or not he should step in it. After all, it could just be a turd-shaped lump of mud, much like his neocortex.

Yeah, he's just that fucking stupid. Lapdog ain't exactly the brightest LED on the dash either, for that matter.

p.s. Fuck Whitey.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nutria » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:24 am

bdog wrote:Secondly, the tshirt is most obviously racist as Meade already said. What we don't know is who this person is or what their purpose is.

If someone showed up at an Obama rally with a "FUCK WHITEY" tshirt on wouldn't you stop and consider what might really be going on?

The guy may be exactly what he appears to be. The good lord knows there are plenty of white trash racists who will vote Republican. But would this pic be making the rounds if that shirt didn't also have the Romney Ryan logo on it? Seems a little too convenient to me. Of course, YMMV.

Listen, correct me if I'm wrong, but you and Meade seem to think that this guy being a Democrat mole is somehow as likely an explanation as him being a Romney voter. If that's the case, please just up and say so.

bdog wrote:First off, FUCK THE GOOD LORD.

Edgy.
nutria
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:33 am

Apparently I touched a nerve near that place where you (try to) covertly keep your racial attitudes.

Sorry.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:41 am

Yeah. The racial issues in the Romney campaign are kind of irrelevant. We need to concentrate on the people who don't like racist tshirts. They have some rather obvious problems and we're doing the world a favor by concentrating on that.

Forget about the White Supremacists For Romney crowd. We need to focus on the larger issue.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:19 am

rabble wrote:Yeah. The racial issues in the Romney campaign are kind of irrelevant. We need to concentrate on the people who don't like racist tshirts. They have some rather obvious problems and we're doing the world a favor by concentrating on that.

Forget about the White Supremacists For Romney crowd. We need to focus on the larger issue.

Too bad those liberals don't get the joke.
Clearly it was one of those "ironic" hipster shirts, because we live in a post-racial society.

My 'Cat thinks of nothing but genocide against the Zionist scum all day' mug that I got from the Onion is a big hit at the office.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Slick Willy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 am

Meade wrote:Apparently I touched a nerve near that place where you (try to) covertly keep your racial attitudes.

Sorry.

Uh, you're the one who was more bothered by someone posting a picture of a racist than you were at the racist himself. That's pretty telling. Then you try and dismiss the picture by insinuating that it was a mole planted at a Romney rally, which is weak. There are enough racist wingdings and hate/fear mongers in this country that these things don't need to be setup. These folks came out of the woodwork in 2008 as well. McCain actually had the integrity to make it about politics and not hate and got booed for it. I suppose you'll just dismiss the article posted here about a Romney supporter in Cali who put two watermelons on a chair to bait the President so he could hang him with a noose. Do you think it that was likely to be a setup, too? DCB, was that just another Onion article?
Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby DCB » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:45 am

Slick Willy wrote: DCB, was that just another Onion article?

My comments above were an attempt at sarcasm. Or satire. Or something. I was trying to mock the idea that a racist (anti-Semitic) statement on a t-shirt (or mug). is anything but offensive.

Even if the guy in question was really a 'plant', there was no evidence that anyone else in the crowd felt uncomfortable or made any effort to confront him.

The Onion does sell mugs and t-shirts featuring "cat thinks of nothing but murder all". Its very cute.

FYI
Jason Thompson, the son of former Gov. Tommy Thompson, was caught on video Sunday suggesting at a Republican event that voters this fall could send President Barack Obama back "to Kenya."

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/noquar ... 21401.html
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:35 pm

DCB wrote:FYI
Jason Thompson, the son of former Gov. Tommy Thompson, was caught on video Sunday suggesting at a Republican event that voters this fall could send President Barack Obama back "to Kenya."

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/noquar ... 21401.html

But do you REALLY know who Jason Thompson is. Are you sure it was actually him who said that. I mean, we've got the quote and all but you never know. Liberals could have planted a speaker on him and then set up robotics to make his mouth move.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Or maybe Jason Thompson is ... a Democratic mole!

Donald Trump, too.

For that matter, I bet this woman was secretly a Democratic mole:

Consider the evidence:

First, she makes Republicans look silly, by waving that opossum around.

Second, she threw a key US Senate race to the Democrats.

Third, she intervened to get George Bush installed in the White House, thus permanently tarnishing the image of the GOP. Remember how the Democrats gave ex-President Clinton top billing at their convention, while the GOP asked Bush to stay far, far away? This woman, this leftist mole in the Florida state government, is personally responsible for tarring the GOP's name with the words "President George W. Bush".

Those sneaky leftist fifth-columnists are everywhere.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:27 pm

heh

Snoqueen wrote:Looking at my flyer (which arrived in today's mail) I think it is another piece of right wing subterfuge though it's hard to say why.

Gotta love election season!
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government