MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, September 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 57.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Did Obama lie about people who died?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Obama lied about people who died

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:01 am

All I am saying is that there was a coverup,

I don't see any cover up. The administration has given us information as it comes in. You don't know every detail about every event the minute after it happens.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 am

scratch wrote:
Meade wrote:
Endo Rockstar wrote:Sleep well, shithead Dan Motor

Never at a loss for a clever comeback, eh Larry?

I had to give him a break on that one. I mean, come on, he really thought he was onto something for about 30 seconds there.

I get the feeling Meade was raised by those "touchy feely granola types" who praised everything he did. It makes him susceptible to acting out a bit because he's never been able to deal with minor failures.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:13 am

Meade wrote:Stebben, exactly where, in Obama's Rose Garden statement, does he call the Benghazi attack "a terrorist attack"? That was his lie in the debate. Candy Crowley (moronically) backed him up - when he told Romney to "read the transcript" after Romney called Obama on his lie. Crowley completely aided Obama in slithering out of it. If you care about truth, you should be outraged.

So this boils down to "terrorist attack" and "act of terror" Well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror

Otherwise known as an act of terror.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/terrorist

terrorist (person who uses terror as a weapon in a political struggle)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/terrorist

a. a person who employs terror

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:13 am

fisticuffs wrote:
All I am saying is that there was a coverup,

I don't see any cover up. The administration has given us information as it comes in. You don't know every detail about every event the minute after it happens.

There HAS to be a coverup. It's all they've got. Obama won on everything else.

The only option is to take one statement, nitpick it down to crumbs, find a talking point, hammer on it to the exclusion of all else, and pray.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:18 am

The only option is to take one statement, nitpick it down to crumbs, find a talking point, hammer on it to the exclusion of all else, and pray.

And the only people who give a flying fuck about it are the hyper-partisan righties who aren't going to vote for Obama anyways. Romney would be better off focusing on his non-existent tax plans.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:19 am

rabble wrote: hammer on it to the exclusion of all else, and pray.

Don't mess with me, I'm a child of Romney's God -- He told me so. I will smite you so hard....

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 am

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:51 am

I'm mystified as to why it matters what Obama did or did not call the Benghazi attack. Facts: our security force was overwhelmed and four Americans died. Who cares if it was a spontaneous mob action or planned? Indigenous anti-Americans were riled up enough to attack, and did so successfully. Another fact: it's unclear whether adding ten or twenty more American security personnel would have helped any. Being outnumbered is a significant disadvantage, and an unalterable feature of embassy life is you're always surrounded and outnumbered by the population, wherever you are.

Is the implication if we call it terrorism instead of a mob we get and excuse to make war like we did in Iraq?

This whole thing is based on some right-wing talk radio distinction that's lost on the rest of us.

At the same time, it's curious how this part gets buried:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

A Congressional hearing set up by Republican congressmen to investigate the Benghazi events, live on CSPAN, outed the embassy "annex" as a CIA outpost.

In their questioning and in the public testimony they invited, the lawmakers managed to disclose... that there was a seven-member “rapid response force” in the compound the State Department was calling an annex. One of the State Department security officials was forced to acknowledge that “not necessarily all of the security people” at the Benghazi compounds “fell under my direct operational control.”
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:13 am

snoqueen wrote:Who cares if it was a spontaneous mob action or planned?

Good question, sno. You are beginning to catch on.

Who cared whether the attack on 9/11 was an act of terror or something else - a spontaneous mob action following the peaceful protest of an offensive video?

That's right - Obama cared. He cared a lot. Cared so much that he would not directly describe the attack as an "act of terror" until, 2 weeks later, when the story he, Hillary, Rice, et al., had been pushing, with great care, fell apart.

Who cared? Obama cared. Now, your next question should be: Why did Obama care?

Hint: He is trying to hold on to political power.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 am

Meade wrote:
snoqueen wrote:Who cares if it was a spontaneous mob action or planned?

Good question, sno. You are beginning to catch on.

Who cared whether the attack on 9/11 was an act of terror or something else - a spontaneous mob action following the peaceful protest of an offensive video?

That's right - Obama cared. He cared a lot. Cared so much that he would not directly describe the attack as an "act of terror" until, 2 weeks later, when the story he, Hillary, Rice, et al., had been pushing, with great care, fell apart.

Who cared? Obama cared. Now, your next question should be: Why did Obama care?

Hint: He is trying to hold on to political power.

What the hell? What are you trying to say, Meade?

He acknowledged the attack with the information at hand in the Rose Garden. He followed through on promises to investigate the attack. He mourned the loss of life, and acknowledged his responsibility to the American people.

Here's a fucking idea, blame the people who pulled the triggers for their failures as decent human beings. Start there.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 am

Meade wrote:That's right - Obama cared. He cared a lot. Cared so much that he would not directly describe the attack as an "act of terror" until, 2 weeks later

Huh? What was this:

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation

Dated September 12th.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:38 am

Stebben84 wrote:
Meade wrote:That's right - Obama cared. He cared a lot. Cared so much that he would not directly describe the attack as an "act of terror" until, 2 weeks later

Huh? What was this:

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation

Dated September 12th.

This is all very confusing to Meade's "Dick and Jane" reading skills.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:53 am

It is pretty funny watching people interact with Meade as if the latter actually had a coherent point, and will defend said point with rational posts.

I can just hear him cackling about it.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 am

Does anyone here know how many days it took before Obama, after the 9/11/12 attack in Benghazi, to directly and explicitly call the attack an "act of terror"? Was it 1 day? 2 days? 7 days? More?

And what was it that prompted him to finally, explicitly, call it an "act of terror"?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:57 am

Meade wrote:Does anyone here know how many days it took before Obama, after the 9/11/12 attack in Benghazi, to directly and explicitly call the attack an "act of terror"? Was it 1 day? 2 days? 7 days? More?

And what was it that prompted him to finally, explicitly, call it an "act of terror"?

Meade, dude, just give this one up. It will fall into the abyss of the forum and you'll save yourself the embarassment. More importantly you'll save us from being embarassed for you.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government