MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, December 17, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 23.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Did Hilary just throw Obama under the bus?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Did Hilary just throw Obama under the bus?

Postby rabble » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Hillary, the Dems abused washer-woman,

My goodness. Ned is finally admitting to the right's manic, hate-filled obsession with throwing mud at the Clintons.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:17 pm

The answer is no. Hillary and Obama are on the same team, and working together. The only thing thrown under the bus it appears was security at Benghazi.

The attack was followed by over 100 people in the State Department, the White House situation room, and the Department of Defense.

As the congressional hearings unfold we will likely find that logs were kept noting who entered these places and when, what decisions were requested/made, and what was said by officials.

But don't look for answers before the election.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:01 am

O.J. wrote:I fully expect Hilary to resign as soon as Biden does.

Did I say, or even imply that I thought Hilary would resign?

I would rate the chances of that happening as down around 0. Especially after the mega-gotcha of Obama. ("Look at me, I am responsible. really. I am President. I matter")

On the other hand she is gone in a couple months regardless of who wins the election. Stepping down a bit early would not be as big a deal as it would be for Biden at this point.

I seriously doubt that Biden will step down either. I thought he might before the convention but I think he has hooked his chain around this axle and will ride it out no matter what.

I am still uncertain about Obama. I never thought too seriously that Obama would pull out before October/November. If you recall, my scenario has always been that Obama sees himself beating Mondale's record and carrying no states at all. Rather than carry that on his record, he has a stroke or something and pulls out. (He will make a miraculous full recovery from the stroke, brought on by overwork, 2-3 months later)

So I assume I will have to pay off on Biden. Still not sure about Obama. I do see the polls collapsing day by day. I think it will be like a dam breaking. We are seeing the trickles now, but soon (before the election?) it will collapse completely.

I am still an Obama supporter and hate the prospect of Romney winning. But people keep polishing that turd that is Obama and just cannot get a shine on him.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:04 am

I am still an Obama supporter and hate the prospect of Romney winning. But people keep polishing that turd that is Obama and just cannot get a shine on him.

You're such a fucking phony. Going on ignore.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:08 am

Donald wrote:Grow up, and read a little bit before posting stupidities. Security at consultates is generally decided at a lower level than the Secretary, and it most assuredly is assessed at lower levels.

really? Who knew? And here I thought that Hilary spent her time between filling in football pools organizing embassy security schedules.

Actually, not.

I agree that the security staffing of embassies is done several levels below the Sec State. There is probably a whole department for that.

Hilary did not kill Bin Laden, either though she took credit for that ("We came, we saw, he died"). As does Obama, pretty much daily it feels like.

Regardless of their actual hands-on participation, the person in charge is the person responsible. In government, in military, in business, in other organizations.

Hilary is responsible. Ultimately Obama is as well.

Hilary admitted it. Obama didn't. At least not until it was too late. Now his admission just looks foolish.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:12 am

fisticuffs wrote:

You're such a fucking phony. Going on ignore.

OK, when have I ever said anything supportive of Romney in particular or Repos in general?

Both Romney and Obama are horrible for America. Obama probably worse.

At least under Obama we have a chance of people rising up and taking our country back. I suspect that Romney will be able to calm those feelings, nothing will happen and we will continue our downhill slide.

We need Obama. If I could vote for him I would.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 am

johnfajardohenry wrote: If you recall, my scenario has always been pure, unadulterated batshit insanity

Fixd.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 am

First you assert:
johnfajardohenry wrote:Both Romney and Obama are horrible for America. Obama probably worse.

Then a few sentences later you say:

Huh?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:37 am

Henry Vilas wrote:First you assert:
johnfajardohenry wrote:Both Romney and Obama are horrible for America. Obama probably worse.

Then a few sentences later you say:

Huh?

Sheesh.

I've been talking about this for months. Just wrote another post in another thread here explaining why.

Short answer:

"Worse is better", to quote Lenin. Obama has aroused a sleeping giant and pissed off the American people in a major way. See for example 2010 elections.

We need to keep this momentum. Although people are pissed off, they are not yet to the point of taking our country back. Romney will be almost as bad in his policies as Obama. As several have noted here, there is not much difference between their political ideas and ideologies.

But Romney will calm people down and let us continue our long downhill slide.

We need Obama to keep the pot boiling.

If I could vote for him I would.

You may not like my reasons for supporting Obama but I assure you that I am as sincere in my support for him as you are.

(You are sincere in your support for Obama, aren't you?)

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:41 am

johnfajardohenry wrote: Sheesh.

I've been talking about this for months. Just wrote another post in another thread here explaining why.

Short answer:

"Worse is better", to quote Lenin. Obama has aroused a sleeping giant and pissed off the American people in a major way. See for example 2010 elections.

We need to keep this momentum. Although people are pissed off, they are not yet to the point of taking our country back. Romney will be almost as bad in his policies as Obama. As several have noted here, there is not much difference between their political ideas and ideologies.

But Romney will calm people down and let us continue our long downhill slide.

We need Obama to keep the pot boiling.

If I could vote for him I would.

You may not like my reasons for supporting Obama but I assure you that I am as sincere in my support for him as you are.

(You are sincere in your support for Obama, aren't you?)

John Henry

A conspiracy worthy of Carol AS Thompson...
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:43 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:"Worse is better", to quote Lenin.

"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery and Ignorance is Strength" to quote Orwell. The last one applies to you.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:52 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:I am still uncertain about Obama. I never thought too seriously that Obama would pull out before October/November.

Bwahahahaa, you are an idiot. I can't believe you take yourself seriously, and I feel so sorry for anyone you "may" teach. I'm predicting more of a Silence of the Lambs moment where the guy tucks his dick between his legs pretending to be someone he's not.

Would you fuck me. I'd fuck me
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:30 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:But people keep polishing that turd that is Obama and just cannot get a shine on him.

Wow. Seriously inelegant choice of words there, pendejo.

You're either the most ignorant piece of trash around or you've finally decided to drop the veil and just let your racist freak flag fly, I can't decide which. If I were an admin that would be the final straw for cutting your sorry ass loose and freeing-up a shitload of space around here.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:41 pm

Mean Scenester wrote:
johnfajardohenry wrote:But people keep polishing that turd that is Obama and just cannot get a shine on him.

Wow. Seriously inelegant choice of words there, pendejo.

You're either the most ignorant piece of trash around or you've finally decided to drop the veil and just let your racist freak flag fly, I can't decide which. If I were an admin that would be the final straw for cutting your sorry ass loose and freeing-up a shitload of space around here.

Racist how? Calling Obama a turd? Or the part about not being polished. Would you be OK if I called him a dull (as in unshiny) piece of shit instead? Would that alleviate the charge of racism?

You've never heard the expression "you can't polish a turd"? I've heard it used about Bush, I've heard it used about Romney. I've heard it used about a lot of people over the years.

For example, first thing to pop up in a search:

+++++
34. You can't polish a turd. (Subject line in the DU forum-JRH)

And rhetorically, that is EXACTLY what Bush is.
+++++

You sound a bit overwrought.

But in the meantime explain to me how criticizing Obama is racist. He is president, not king.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:44 pm

That's right. Just keep playing dumb, you contemptible fuck.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government