MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 48.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

This is absolutely disgusting

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

This is absolutely disgusting

Postby Endo Rockstar » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:31 pm

It appears Sen. Neal Kedzie's son(R-Elkhorn) was brutally attacked because he tried to stop someone from removing the "Romney/Ryan" sign he had in his front lawn. What the fucking hell people?!

**edit**
added link:

A Republican state senator's son was hospitalized following an attack that his family said appears to have been politically motivated.

and

Sean Kedzie was awakened by noises outside and when he went to see what was going on, he noticed a person removing a Romney/Ryan yard sign from his property and yelled at the person to return the sign immediately.

The person returned the sign, but a second person confronted and attacked Sean without warning, according to a statement from Neal Kedzie.

Whoever did this needs to be caught now. They really beat the crap out of this dude:

Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Re: This is absolutely disgusting

Postby Meade » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:06 pm

I AM SEAN KEDZIE!

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:35 am

Impersonating a politician's son here is illegal, right?

This is why I don't put Dem signs in my yard. I'm afraid Republican thugs would attack me or my home. But I know in this case it was a Repub who was attacked. Our country is like a tinder box on the verge of civil war.
Last edited by Beaver on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby other i » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:50 am

There's something weird about this story. Can't put my finger on it.
other i
Forum Addict

Postby jman111 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:23 am

I agree.
I have a suspicion that we're not hearing the whole, or the completely accurate, story on this.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 am

What do you think, jman and other i? False flag operation? Sean Kedzie punched and put himself in the hospital?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:34 am

The story seems all too believable to me. Hope they catch the people who did this.

As I said in another thread, this election season is making people crazy. On both sides.

I'll be glad when this is over.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 am

He was on the news last night... dude got messed up. He has shaved his beard off, however.

I was in Whitewater on Saturday to watch football. That's not a Democratic stronghold. It's Steve Nass country. It was also homecoming weekend and we dodged a LOT of discarded beer cans and booze bottles on our way to Perkins stadium. The kids there wear these themed t-shirts, similar to those at the Mifflin Street Block Party, with their college affiliation on the front and boasts about the partying they have done and/or plan to do during the weekend on the back.

My thought was that the culprits were drunken a-holes who probably aren't even planning to vote, not Democratic operatives pulling a plumber operation at the son of a state senator's house. But the talk radio crowd has concluded that Barack Obama himself is pulling the strings.

When I was in school here, I attended a fraternity party where the theme was the '92 presidential election. We were instructed to drink from either the Clinton keg or the Bush keg as a way of predicting the outcome (the line for the Clinton keg was really long, so we just drank out of the Bush keg all night... they were both Busch Light most likely) and the room was papered in political signs. There were hundreds of them. I asked my friend who lived there what was up and he explained that the social chair had driven a carload of pledges to the near west side and commanded them to steal as many yard signs as possible. They had filled his station wagon with them. And sure enough, on the following Monday's news, a reporter discussed the rash of election sign thefts occurring on the near west side over the weekend. Since nearly all of the signs were for Democratic candidates, the conclusion was Republican dirty tricks.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:53 am

Somebody clearly beat this kid up. That person or persons should be brought to justice. What I find unlikely is that it had anything to do with politics. It may not even have had anything to do with the sign.

What I see more likely is that this kid got his ass kicked by some dipshits (probably drunk) who at most used the sign-stealing ploy to draw Kedzie's attention. I don't think Kedzie's politics, or the politics of the attacker/s, had any thing to do with the reason for the assault.

This sounds an awful lot like the Montee Ball assault, which purported to have something to do with the football team (given the reported anti-UW statements made by the assailants around the time of the attack). The football connection was a convenient trash-talking venue for the attackers, since all they apparently wanted was revenge for a previous fight/argument with Ball's teammates at a house party unrelated to football.

[edit: what jjoyce said. gotta hit submit, not preview.]
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:17 am

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:27 am

Beaver wrote:Impersonating a politician here is illegal, right?.

Not as illegal as impersonating beloved national icons.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby other i » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:03 am

"The senator said he has become used to people dumping nails in his driveway and even shooting paintballs at his house, but he said he never thought his son would be a target." (CH3000)

This IS disgusting. And I mean that. I've stopped people from removing signs of candidates I am opposed to. And would do that in all cases.

I sure hope that there is a police report regarding these other noted activities as they are at least as heinous as stealing a sign (but not as unacceptable as punching someone out when you get caught doing it.)

Had anyone heard of these other instances before this moment?
other i
Forum Addict

Postby pjbogart » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:04 am

Jason and Book Police both bring up the possibility that this had more to do with drunken hooliganism than politics, but I think I'd take it one step further yet. Even if the crime was politically motivated, it says nothing about the Democratic Party as a whole any more than my Republican neighbor being arrested for beating up his wife says anything about the Republican Party as a whole.

I find it fascinating that those of us who are politically invested jump at any and all opportunities to cast aspersions upon our political foes based upon the thinnest evidence of wrongdoing by any member of the other party. A guy wearing an offensive T-Shirt at a Romney rally is NOT evidence of a vast conspiracy, though it may shed light on the mindset of some of the people in attendance. Purple band-aids, which became something of a theme at the 2004 Republican convention, are probably fair game because they are far from isolated, but a single woman with a purple band-aid is hardly something to make political hay out of.

On the other hand, when a Senatorial candidate says that women impregnated during a rape must have the child because God WANTED her to get pregnant, I think that's fair game. The person is in a position to gain power, has been endorsed by the voters and the Presidential candidate and it's fair to ask other Republicans if they share that view.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:56 pm

pjbogart wrote:Jason and Book Police both bring up the possibility that this had more to do with drunken hooliganism than politics, but I think I'd take it one step further yet. Even if the crime was politically motivated, it says nothing about the Democratic Party as a whole any more than my Republican neighbor being arrested for beating up his wife says anything about the Republican Party as a whole.

I find it fascinating that those of us who are politically invested jump at any and all opportunities to cast aspersions upon our political foes based upon the thinnest evidence of wrongdoing by any member of the other party. A guy wearing an offensive T-Shirt at a Romney rally is NOT evidence of a vast conspiracy, though it may shed light on the mindset of some of the people in attendance.

Jason, please print this whole thing in The Isthmus.

I'm so tired of people from one party holding up the worst example from the rival party as the rule of that party.

Similarly, defending the worst example from one's own party with the worst example from the rival party.

We have met the assholes, and they are us.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Did anyone check to see if maybe he is on UW-Whitewater's football team? They all got quite an ass kicking about the same time/same town...
drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Headlines