MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 15.0° F  Light Snow Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Huuuuuge!

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Huuuuuge!

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 am

Stebben84 wrote:
And JohnHenry has the biggest boner of his life.

Why?

Just so I can save $15?

I want Obama to be the candidate.

I want Obama to win.

I still think he may drop out. I've always said that if it happens it will be in the last week before the election. [edited at 12:43 for better clarity]

I am increasingly convinced I will be disappointed on the 2nd.

Happy news is that it looks like Trump has nothing at all. The big buildup and now letdown has to help Obama.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:56 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:I am increasingly convinced I will be disappointed on the 2nd.

What happens on the 2nd? Is that when Obama drops out?
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Radical Cheerleader » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:06 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:I want Obama to be the candidate.

I want Obama to win.

I still think he may drop out. I've always said that if it happens it will be in the last week before the election.

The reason why nobody believes you is because your statements are so conflicting. You want President Obama to be the candidate? He is the candidate, or did you mean the Manchurien Candidate? You want President Obama to win the election, yet you think he may drop out? Someone who really wants Barack Obama to get re-elected wouldn't think that he's going to drop out, because no realistic Obama supporter would be thinking that right now. It's such a preposterous notion that I have a hard time believing anything that you have to say.
Radical Cheerleader
Forum Addict

Postby O.J. » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Radical Cheerleader wrote: You want President Obama to win the election, yet you think he may drop out? Someone who really wants Barack Obama to get re-elected wouldn't think that he's going to drop out, because no realistic Obama supporter would be thinking that right now. It's such a preposterous notion that I have a hard time believing anything that you have to say.

Allow me to answer this one. As a Sarah Palin fanatic, johnnypuertorico thinks that resigning from one's job is a sign of true leadership. This should clear things up.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:12 pm

O.J. wrote:Allow me to answer this one. As a Sarah Palin fanatic, johnnypuertorico thinks that resigning from one's job is a sign of true leadership. This should clear things up.

I thought it was based on all the historical evidence of presidential candidates dropping out of the race a week before the election. Unfortunately I can't seem to find his links on that.

Oh wait, there's this.

Answer
No presidential candidate of a major party has ever died or withdrawn before a presidential election

http://teachinghistory.org/history-cont ... rian/20431

Huh?
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Although this seems lame on the surface, perhaps Trump is signaling to the Chicago gang that he has the goods and this is their chance to come clean.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:23 pm

I thank the main stream media for ignoring this putz' latest self-promoting stunt.
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:27 pm

How happy will Mitt be with his buddy Trump when Soros makes the same offer for his tax returns?
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:27 pm

I thought Trump would annouce his write-in bid for the presidency with Joe Arpaio as his running mate. On the Birther Party ticket, of course.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Although this seems lame on the surface, perhaps Trump is signaling to the Chicago gang that he has the goods and this is their chance to come clean.

Or it could be that Trump is a whore.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Stebben84 wrote:What a complete and utter fucking asshole. WHYYYYYYYY do people listen to this dumbass?

Ned Flanders wrote:Although this seems lame on the surface, perhaps Trump is signaling to the Chicago gang that he has the goods and this is their chance to come clean.

Because people are dumbasses.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:01 pm

I think the Romney folks got to Trump. He is asking for Obama's college records and visa/passport info in exchange for a $5 million charitable donation, instead of dropping a bomb about a court filing for divorce that never materialized. The backlash over Obama's personal life might have cost Romney some momentum...this latest Trump stunt reeks of pure wimpy BS. By tomorrow, George Soros will offer to give $5 million to charity in exchange for 10 yrs of Romney tax returns. What a colossal waste of piss poor protoplasm (Trump's life).
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:18 pm

david cohen wrote:I think the Romney folks got to Trump. He is asking for Obama's college records and visa/passport info in exchange for a $5 million charitable donation, instead of dropping a bomb about a court filing for divorce that never materialized.

I was thinking that too. A credible source close to Trump leaked the divorce story, perhaps on purpose. The Romney campaign may have intervened, feeling as though pointing out that the Obama's have had some bumps in their marriage really only serves to humanize Obama, adding to the Everyman perception that so thoroughly eludes Romney. The $5 million offer was perhaps a hastily contrived afterthought.

What would have been better for Romney was to have Trump cancel the announcement claiming that the Romney campaign had requested him to do so. Republicans could have spent the next two weeks postulating the contents of the disarmed bombshell all while Romney appears to take the high road by "sticking to the issues."
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:20 pm

We need to let this play out a bit. In the meantime, Trump prolly shouldn't fly or go out for a glass of wine...
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Apparently the twitter-verse is consumed by The Donald's non-announcement.

Donald Trump Becomes Twitter Laughingstock

Donald J. Trump wrote:The response has been fantastic--- actually overwhelming! Thank you!

The irony in all of this is that Donald Trump has spent the last year, at least, trying to destroy the President and believing he had the power to do so. But who's destroying who?
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government