MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 37.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

This is absolutely disgusting

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: This is absolutely disgusting

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:It appears Sen. Neal Kedzie's son(R-Elkhorn) was brutally attacked because he tried to stop someone from removing the "Romney/Ryan" sign he had in his front lawn.Dan Motor

Props to Dan Motor and anyone else in this thread who condemned this act of brutality without expressing a need to stir up partisan hostilities, telling personal anecdotes that probably have nothing to do with this case, and/or casting aspersions on anyone but the thugs themselves who attacked Sean Kedzie.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm

So papa senator told junior to clean up before the TV cameras arrived? Interesting. Like a perp on his court date.

This attack was indeed disgusting. But that news story assumes a lot about its motive. Papa senator, however, will not pass up this golden opportunity to play the victim and gather sympathy.

Truly frightening series of events. Hopefully they'll find the attackers and bring them to justice. And answer the question about motive. But mostly bring them to justice.

Freedom's not really free anymore.
Last edited by massimo on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Meade wrote:Props to Dan Motor and anyone else in this thread who condemned this act of brutality without expressing a need to stir up partisan hostilities

For once a sincere and honest response.

Meade wrote:I AM SEAN KEDZIE!

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Good picture quality. What camera was used? The lawn looks so green and plush. Can't possibly be here, right? Florida?
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Meade wrote:Not as illegal as impersonating beloved national icons.

Touche. I always did like that photo of me.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Jimmy O stikes again...

Congressman's son resigns after voter fraud video

The field director for Virginia Democratic Rep. Jim Moran - his son Patrick Moran - has resigned after being secretly recorded seemingly advising an conservative journalist masquerading as a supporter that utility bills could be used"He'll need bills," says Moran. "He'll need something with the name and their address on it." He adds, "they can fake a utility bill with ease, you know?"

more...

Moran later says the person would be better off participating in traditional get-out-the-vote efforts, but he goes on to have a conversation about how to forge documents.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-575 ... aud-video/
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 pm

How many videos did "Jimmy O" have to shoot before he caught a fish? Besides, if the point is to show voter fraud, they could, you know, show some voter fraud, rather than just showing a guy describing how it might be done (hypothetically).

How is James O'Keefe not in jail, anyway? The dude's a total crook. Didn't he break into a Senator's office posing as a telephone repairman?

I guarantee that if I spent a month trying to find a Republican who told me how to vote twice (for Republicans), I'd find a handful.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Moran later says the person would be better off participating in traditional get-out-the-vote efforts, but he goes on to have a conversation about how to forge documents.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-575 ... aud-video/

Ned, I think you need to bring this to the attention of Stu Levitan. He's had quite a bit of experience with confirming such voter irregularities - suppression, repression, depression, and so on.

Stu is also some kind of city commissioner so, you know, he's well connected. You know - he knows people at the League of Women Voters so, yeah, he could bring some major pressure to bear. Also, he ran for assemblyman or something like that. In other words, Stu is your Go To Guy on getting to the bottom of this political dirty trickery.

Good luck, Ned. And God speed.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 am

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:17 am

Meade wrote:http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/25/wisconsin-gop-campaign-worker-hospitalized-after-apparent-gay-bashing-assault/

I'm sure this is leading all news broadcasts....right?
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:35 pm

It's great to see you guys looking out for gay rights. Is this a hate crime, then?
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:17 pm

pjbogart wrote:Is this a hate crime, then?

You think it might not be a hate crime? Then.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:45 pm

other i wrote:There's something weird about this story. Can't put my finger on it.

jman111 wrote:I agree. I have a suspicion that we're not hearing the whole, or the completely accurate, story on this.

Meade wrote:What do you think, jman and other i? False flag operation? Sean Kedzie punched and put himself in the hospital?

Senator’s son asks police to suspend beating investigation
Contradictory stories emerge in Kedzie case
http://www.channel3000.com/news/Senator ... index.html

"The son of Republican State Sen. Neal Kedzie is asking Whitewater police to suspend their investigation into an attack last October...He told police he knew who one of his attackers was, but investigators said they were unable to turn up any evidence during the questioning of the suspected attacker and witnesses."
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:07 am

I'm shocked.
Just...shocked.

From the link
(Kedzie) acknowledged there's not enough evidence for police to pursue who he believes is one of his attackers.

"The evidence was kind of in his favor so there just really wasn't a solid case to be built anywhere," Kedzie said.

"kind of"
Last edited by jman111 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 am

I don't know what to think about this case. More details:

Kedzie claimed he was attacked by two men who screamed political invectives at him:
In an interview with Wisconsin Reporter a few days after the alleged incident, Kedzie said the men wrestled him to the ground, put him in a chokehold and screamed, “Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan suck!” and other politically charged invectives.

Witnesses in the neighborhood apparently confirmed that a fight happened but denied that the men said anything political:
Witnesses said they heard nothing political uttered at the scene of the attack, only the attackers saying Kedzie was a “stupid (expletive deleted),” and that he shouldn’t have “picked a fight with two guys.”

Kedzie claimed to have identified one of his attackers after-the-fact, by spotting his picture on Facebook:
[Kedzie] identified his alleged attacker as Max R. Hey, a member of the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater soccer team, according to the police report. Kedzie told police that one of his attackers referred to the other as “Max.” Kedzie, who said he had never met the suspects before the night in question, tracked down and identified Hey on Facebook.

But multiple lines of evidence suggest that the man Kedzie named had nothing to do with the case:
Subsequent interviews with Hey, including a layered voice truth analysis (lie-detector test), the suspect told investigators that he was at home at the time of the reported attack. A number of friends and associates corroborated his story, as did a police review of Hey’s phone records, according to the police report. And investigators said they found no evidence of the kind of marks on Hey’s hands that would indicate he was involved in such a physical confrontation. [...]

On Nov. 29, after verifying Hey’s phone records and corroborating his alibi, police told Hey they didn’t have a suspect.

Max Hey, the man who Kedzie appears to have falsely accused, is understandably not happy:
Hey, in a final interview with police, said he believed the whole matter had turned political, but not in the way Kedzie had presented the attack.

“Hey asked if Kedzie had been given a lie detector test,” the police report notes. “Hey stated that he believed that there was too much emphasis being put on Sean Kedzie’s word, and stated that he thought it was all because of politics and because Kedzie’s father was a state senator.”

So ... my opinion:

The guy certainly appears to have been in a fight (c.f. injuries and witness reports). The claim that his attackers were motivated by politics seems possible but doubtful (witnesses deny it, but maybe they weren't close enough to hear -- though they did report hearing non-political remarks from the combatants).

The idea of being attacked by a stranger and then happening to find his picture on Facebook seems ... unlikely. The man he identified appears to be innocent. This certainly raises questions in my mind about Kedzie's judgment and reliability. But people in general are not good at evaluating their own fallibility and it's easy to imagine someone thinking that they'd correctly identified their attacker and then gradually solidifying that impression and becoming (wrongly) more confident as their actual memories of the event fade.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines