MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Sunday, September 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 55.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Huuuuuge!

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Huuuuuge!

Postby rabble » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Donald Trump is the Honey Boo Boo of rich people!

Beautiful. Just beautiful.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nutria » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Just a thought, perhaps President Obama could offer to release all transcripts and passport applications from the last two years.
nutria
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Just another thought. Romney promise to release all tax returns at the same time Obama releases his transcripts.

Has anyone said exactly what those passport and transcripts might reveal? Is it going to be one of those "AHA! He got a C in Chemistry 101!" moments?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Steve Vokers » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:20 pm

Trump is just still bitter about the pasting he got from Obama at the White House Correspondent's dinner.
Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:28 pm

I think The Donald should release a list of all his hair plug appointments and the names of everyone who has worked on his ridiculous hair style. I'd give him $2 for that information.
Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Steve Vokers wrote:Trump is just still bitter about the pasting he got from Obama at the White House Correspondent's dinner.

I don't think I'll ever get sick of watching that video. At the time of the dinner, Trump was considered a potential front runner for the Republican nomination yet in only five minutes he was reduced to a clownish also-ran. And lest you forget your timeline, as Obama was standing on that stage tearing Trump a new asshole, he had just ordered the strike that would kill Osama bin Laden and only he and a handful of Administration officials knew about it. Stone cold.

Well played, sir.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Steve Vokers » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:30 pm

pjbogart wrote:
Steve Vokers wrote:Trump is just still bitter about the pasting he got from Obama at the White House Correspondent's dinner.

I don't think I'll ever get sick of watching that video. At the time of the dinner, Trump was considered a potential front runner for the Republican nomination yet in only five minutes he was reduced to a clownish also-ran. And lest you forget your timeline, as Obama was standing on that stage tearing Trump a new asshole, he had just ordered the strike that would kill Osama bin Laden and only he and a handful of Administration officials knew about it. Stone cold.

Well played, sir.

Yeah, the part where Obama says that firing Gary Busey was the kind of decision that would keep him up at night. There's no way that whoever wrote the jokes for Obama had any clue of how that bit would become even more devastating for Trump in just 24 hours...
Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:51 am

Radical Cheerleader wrote: You want President Obama to be the candidate? He is the candidate, or did you mean the Manchurien Candidate?
You want President Obama to win the election, yet you think he may drop out? Someone who really wants Barack Obama to get re-elected wouldn't think that he's going to drop out, because no realistic Obama supporter would be thinking that right now. It's such a preposterous notion that I have a hard time believing anything that you have to say.

Wow!

You've really drunk the Koolade, haven't you? (But have you voted yet?)

I want my fairy godmother to give me a million dollars and take 8 inches off my waistline.

Doesn't matter how much I want it, it is unlikely to happen.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:55 am

Steve Vokers wrote:Trump is just still bitter about the pasting he got from Obama at the

On the other hand, the Trump non-story seems to have sucked all the air out of Gloria Allred's supposed MAJOR SCANDAL!!! about the Tom Stemper divorce.

Perhaps that was the whole point?

Did Allred discuss this with Obama 2-3 weeks ago? We know she spoke privately with him. We don't know what was discussed.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:05 am

But the judge hasn't unsealed Mitt Romney's testimony from the divorce proceeding. You're saying that in anticipation that the testimony might be unsealed, Donald Trump made a complete ass of himself to deflect attention away from it?

We are certainly fortunate to have your keen intellect at our disposal, John Henry.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:08 am

Did Allred discuss this with Obama 2-3 weeks ago? We know she spoke privately with him. We don't know what was discussed.

They're having an affair. Can't you see?
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Radical Cheerleader » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:12 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:Wow!

You've really drunk the Koolade, haven't you? (But have you voted yet?)

I want my fairy godmother to give me a million dollars and take 8 inches off my waistline.

Doesn't matter how much I want it, it is unlikely to happen.

John Henry

Are you saying that President Barack Obama isn't the candidate for the Democratic Party?

It's pretty obvious, and it has been for a long time, that you're trying to disillusion liberal voters on this site. Conservatives want Obama supporters to feel that they're voting for a losing candidate (or one who may drop out of the race in your case), so they might as well not vote. Nice try, but we're all voting come hell or high water. Most of us are voting early, so that nobody turns away from the polls on election day because of long lines.

President Obama's odds of winning are good. Yeah, we were admittedly worried after the first debate, but it's been getting better ever since then, especially since Obama has maintained his lead in the polls in Ohio. Even Gallup and Rasmussen, which are the two polls that have Romney ahead by the largest margins, still have Obama ahead in Ohio. I can't imagine Romney winning without it, but Obama has other plausible outs.

It'll be a close election, which is all the more reason to vote. Obama needs Wisconsin, and it will be a slap in the face to Ryan if Romney loses it. We may not have gotten the recall, but that will make this victory all the much sweeter.
Radical Cheerleader
Forum Addict

Postby pjbogart » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:00 am

snoqueen wrote:

They're having an affair. Can't you see?

Well, when John Henry says "WE don't know what was discussed" what he really means is "YOU don't know what was discussed." John Henry knows. His penetrating mind sees all. I suspect it has something to do with the millions of hollow point bullets that the Social Security Administration has been stockpiling.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government