MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 69.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Is this [recanted story of an] attack a hate crime?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Is this [recanted story of an] attack a hate crime?

Postby david cohen » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:04 pm

Just another result of "new media", where any clown can create a blog or a website and make claims as to his/her/their journalistic integrity. It used to be that you actually trained, either via school, hands on experience, or (preferably) both,and maintained membership in a professional society dedicated to your branch of journalism (print or broadcast). There was a chain of editors, all of whom had "walked your beat", and they made sure that everything was kosher PRIOR TO publication or broadcast. Kosher in terms of facts, balance, sources, etc- you know, the important pieces of actual journalism. "Stories" on the internet passing as hard news from unknown or partisan sources are a farce. I might as well hang out a shingle and say I'm a Thoracic Surgeon. Oh yeah, medicine is regulated, whereas journalism is not.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:17 pm

There are a lot of great bloggers doing great work with no training, over-throwing the status quo in the industry by reporting stories differently. There are also a lot of great advocacy journalists who are doing great work with strong, biased perspectives.

But this guy Sikma and his fellows at Media Trackers have been exposed as pretenders. It's unfair to solid bloggers and other new media journalists to lump them together with these frauds who are better described as clumsy political hatchet men than anything else.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:20 pm

If your mother says she loves you, check it out.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:37 pm

Nobody loves me, but my mother,
And she could be jivin' too.

-B.B King
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:48 pm

scratch wrote:
lukpac wrote:
bdog wrote:I.e., the same lesson Bill Lueders learned on the Bradley / Prosser dust-up.

The dust-up...that actually occurred?

Don't bother dogBoy with facts-- what there is of his mind is made up.

Well look at you two Einsteins.

At least you agree with me that it was in fact a dust up, a point that Bill Lueders never got to.

New media indeed.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:54 pm

bdog wrote:At least you agree with me that it was in fact a dust up, a point that Bill Lueders never got to.
New media indeed.

Just a back-handed courtesy to the loon being quoted, Dave. I mean Albert.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:56 pm

bdog wrote:Well look at you two Einsteins.

At least you agree with me that it was in fact a dust up, a point that Bill Lueders never got to.

New media indeed.

Umm...what?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:04 pm

jjoyce wrote:
Meade wrote:I understand, after a police investigation, turned out to be factually incorrect.

Really? Do you have a link? The link I have is this one:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolit ... 63653.html
What are you trying to get at, Meade?

"Touch" = "Grab" "around the neck"?

“The facts are that I was demanding that he get out of my office and he put his hands around my neck in anger in a chokehold,” Bradley told the Journal Sentinel.

Didn't the investigation determine that it was Bradley who rushed, with clenched fists, at Prosser? Factually incorrect is the allegation that Prosser was the aggressor who "put his hands around [Bradley's] neck in anger in a chokehold".
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:16 pm

bdog wrote:Well look at you two Einsteins.

C'mon bdog. You're better than that.

If you want to continue to compare story written by an award-winning, widely-respected journalist to the stunt pulled by these clowns at Media Trackers, you're simply going to continue to reveal yourself to be a partisan who isn't interested in facts.

By the way, doesn't it say quite a bit that you still have unlimited access to the Prosser story while the Media Trackers story and Christian Schneider's interview on the Journal Sentinel website are nowhere to be found?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Meade wrote:Didn't the investigation determine that it was Bradley who rushed, with clenched fists, at Prosser?

Did it?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:25 pm

jjoyce wrote:....written by an award-winning, widely-respected journalist...

Ding Ding Ding !!!!!!

Fuck the hacks at Mediatrackers, they are not in Lueders league. Or at least, what was once Lueders league.

Lueders had to know he was being played and yet he ran with the story anyway. No comment from BOTH Prosser and Bradley (go back and read the story).

A story that on the surface damages Prosser significantly and Lueders doesn't consider his sources bias? It's obvious now he didn't get the full story from them. Was he desperate to break something big or was he just that naive?

I have a lot of respect for the man who wrote "Cry Rape"; it's not the same guy who wrote the Prosser hit piece.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:30 pm

bdog wrote:No comment from BOTH Prosser and Bradley (go back and read the story).

"No comment" is quite different from "didn't make any attempt to contact".
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:32 pm

Meade wrote:Didn't the investigation determine that it was Bradley who rushed, with clenched fists, at Prosser?

Why don't you tell us, Meade. Did it? We're not in some kind of class you're teaching here. Nobody's obligated to submit to your game of questions. We've all clearly laid out our opinions on this matter, even bdog. What's yours?

Can the Prosser report by Lueders be compared to the Media Trackers story on the text messages, as bdog insists? Or is it idiotic to make that comparison, as I'm arguing?

Go ahead... take the leap. We'll catch you when you fall.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:34 pm

lukpac wrote:"No comment" is quite different from "didn't make any attempt to contact".

Ding!

You don't think Lueders had enough to go on? I think that puts you in the distinct minority.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:35 pm

And now for today's blast from the past:

bluethedog wrote:
AlternativeVoice wrote:Blaska is the only serious reporter they have. I'm surprised he still has his job after daring to point out the horror that has been Kathleen Falk's war on Dane County's citizens. It's only a matter of time before they fire Blaska and replace him with a clone of Bill Lueders.
You are one simple fuck.

Surprised he still has his job?

Why do you think TDP hired him in the first place? His job is to dare to point out things...leading others to point out other things.

I shall try again:

BLASKA, WHERE ART THOU?????

YOUR SHEEP NEED YOUR GUIDANCE !!!

Don't make me go to the BLASKA-SIGNAL (a giant Ronald Reagan caricature shone over the 3rd tee box at Odana Hills).

"only serious reporter" - Sir, child, have you ever read "Cry Rape"? Obviously not. Read it my friend and let us know if you still hold the same opinion. I'm daring you. Read it.

A million dollars says you reply with some pussy excuse for not reading it.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government