MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 71.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Obama returning to Madison on Monday

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Obama returning to Madison on Monday

Postby O.J. » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:38 pm

You're not even trying anymore, are you, Ned? If you hope to maintain your Top 10 Foron status, you're going to have to at least make an effort.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:44 pm

The biggest rally for either campaign was when 30,000 people showed up for Obama the last time he was in Madison. He'll get another large crowd (especially with Springsteen) and it will help the GOTV effort nationwide when it is shown on the evening news on the eve of the election.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:The biggest rally for either campaign was when 30,000 people showed up for Obama the last time he was in Madison. He'll get another large crowd (especially with Springsteen) and it will help the GOTV effort nationwide when it is shown on the evening news on the eve of the election.

Oh, so he's using the city as a prop? I don't think it's a secret that Madison is a looney leftist enclave after last years' childish ongoing spectacle partially played out on a national stage....
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Oh, so he's using the city as a prop?
Of course he is.

Is this your first Presidential election?
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Bland wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:Oh, so he's using the city as a prop?
Of course he is.

Is this your first Presidential election?

And Ryan and Romney don't use stops as campaign props?

Mitt Romney was really concerned that his "Storm Relief Event" in Kettering, Ohio yesterday would look like a dud, so he and his team stocked their donation tables with $5,000 worth of supplies at Walmart.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... nt/58529/#

Your slipping Ned. Hope everything is OK at home.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:34 pm

jjoyce wrote:Apparently not to campus, though. If not there, where? West Wash? Cap Square? Breese Stevens Field? Alliant Center?

Probably Capitol Square. They can block off all the streets and get the same 100,000 people from The Uprising in there for him. People who will be there for him even though he never showed up for them. He was too busy. Wouldn't have been politically prudent. Had a fundraiser to get to.

Sort of like the Navy Seals who came when he called (Osama bin Laden) even though he didn't come when they called (Benghazi).
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Meade wrote:They can block off all the streets and get the same 100,000 people from The Uprising in there for him. People who will be there for him even though he never showed up for them. He was too busy. Wouldn't have been politically prudent. Had a fundraiser to get to.

Now, now Meade.

Obama did take precious golf course minutes to Tweet truth to power for this union brothers and sisters.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Its funny. Meade seems more upset Obama wasn't here that February than most libruls I know. Ned, looks like Meade has his own "Clinton's penis" with the embassy attacks. You should give him some pointers.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:...I don't think it's a secret that Madison is a looney leftist enclave after last years' childish ongoing spectacle partially played out on a national stage....

Which is why it's on so many Best City lists, right? With an economy and a quality of life among the best in America. Because we're a looney (sp) leftist enclave.

And what you call a childish spectacle, we call democracy. You know, petitioning the government for a redress of grievances. Why do you hate America so much, Ned?
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Its funny.

What? What's funny?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Put that way, I would say Meade.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Maybe Obama and Bruce will join the solidarity singers inside the Capitol. Would Erwin dare ticket them?

ilikebeans wrote:Various outlets are saying that Bruuuuuuuce will be performing here.

Bruce Hornsby? I can't wait. I love piano.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby city2countrygal » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:ZING!

ZING-HER!!!

"You Weigh Me Down"
by Katy P.
We're looking in the same direction
But you don't see what I see
Just a half moon in your perception
It looks full to me
Oh my head is caught, caught in clouds
But your buried so, so far down

You drag me down to earth
You stomp my heart it hurts
You weigh me down
The way your pulling me
You're worse than gravity
You weigh me down
You weigh me down

And I got another quote from Albie:
Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.

-Albert Einstein

P.S. Manoletters, I got a symbol fur ya: ¶
Put a few together, and ya got yer self some white space. It makes yer posts a lil' more pleasin' to the eyeballs. And I might almost be an expert at that. Or maybe just a pro; anybody got a pica pole?

And I write for me, so if you read the forum on a phone, my line breaks might look odd, but that's just cause I don't type on an iPod. Oops, I mean phone.

(To end;)

And a BIG THANKS to you, Uncle Karl, for all the birthday gifts over my 36 years on this planet! And I love Ashley and Lyndsay too, and Bdog as well!
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:24 am

So next time I go out in public with a hanky, I’ll be more careful. Instead of brown, I’ll be rocking one dark-red hanky, one mustard and one white velvet. Then I can tell the world “Hey, I’m a two-handed fisting voyeur with an eight-inch cock. Get used to it.” http://thenewgay.net/2008/05/those-who- ... t-are.html
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:53 am

Ned Flanders wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:The biggest rally for either campaign was when 30,000 people showed up for Obama the last time he was in Madison. He'll get another large crowd (especially with Springsteen) and it will help the GOTV effort nationwide when it is shown on the evening news on the eve of the election.

Oh, so he's using the city as a prop? I don't think it's a secret that Madison is a looney leftist enclave after last years' childish ongoing spectacle partially played out on a national stage....

We already proved that even if 100% of all Dane County voting residents signed the recall petition they wouldn't have been close to the ~1,000,000 signatures.

A large percentage of all of Wisconsin signed the recall petition (they even got signatures in Waukesha, Ozaukee and Washington counties).
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government