MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

Man, I used to like O'Reilly a little bit

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Man, I used to like O'Reilly a little bit

Postby Mad Howler » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 pm

I thought he was more creative. Then he goes straight to the race card. Ya you betcha, Wisconsin's results are obviously explained by the "monolithic" white vote being overwhelmed. Might I suggest that this behaviour disrespects us all.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... html?hp=l2
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Man, I used to like O'Reilly a little bit

Postby david cohen » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:40 am

Mad Howler wrote:I thought he was more creative. Then he goes straight to the race card. Ya you betcha, Wisconsin's results are obviously explained by the "monolithic" white vote being overwhelmed. Might I suggest that this behaviour disrespects us all.

Billy O was always a schmuck, even prior to his Fox gig. A schmuck and a sexual harasser. Lots of things except journalist...but what do you expect from an angry Irish guy who forgets that his ancestors were reviled immigrants?
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:59 pm

david cohen wrote:
Mad Howler wrote:I thought he was more creative. Then he goes straight to the race card. Ya you betcha, Wisconsin's results are obviously explained by the "monolithic" white vote being overwhelmed. Might I suggest that this behaviour disrespects us all.

Billy O was always a schmuck, even prior to his Fox gig. A schmuck and a sexual harasser. Lots of things except journalist...but what do you expect from an angry Irish guy who forgets that his ancestors were reviled immigrants?

David,
I agree with everything you said. That is why I suggested that I used to like O'Reilly a "little" bit. But that "little" bit has been squandered in my mind. I could have pointed up and down the line of bizzare statements by members of the "conservative" media last night but O'Reilly caught my eye as I used to like him a little bit.
MH
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby barney » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:10 am

There had always been a part of me that thought he was playing a part for the money, and that he was really more like David Brooks underneath (fiscally conservative, socially liberal). But, nope. Just an angry, old, racist white guy. *sigh*
barney
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Crockett » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:57 am

I used to somewhat respect O'Reilly and Peggy Noonan a bit as well. Now I can't believe I ever did.

The question that haunts me is, 'is it them or me?' Who changed? Maybe a little of both.

Either way, they have entered the world of old-white-people-logic.

Fox News better enjoy this aging demographic bulge while it can. It will be nice when the younger generation takes over from this selfish baby boomer generation.
Crockett
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:28 pm

Crockett wrote:Fox News better enjoy this aging demographic bulge while it can. It will be nice when the younger generation takes over from this selfish baby boomer generation.

Yikers! Something just flipped in what I think is my amygdala! Damn this mammalian brain that brings it to me.

p.s.- We all are changing, for better or worse, and we'll see where the aggregate lands.

MH
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines