MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, August 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 64.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Is Aaron Rodgers turning into a diva before our eyes?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Is Aaron Rodgers turning into a diva before our eyes?

Postby jjoyce » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Deadspin: Aaron Rodgers Feels He Got Screwed By 60 Minutes

"I just felt like the editing of the piece could have been done in a way that was maybe a lot more respectful of myself."
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Is Aaron Rodgers turning into a diva before our eyes?

Postby scratch » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:13 pm

No way. A Packer QB going diva is as unbelievable as a Republican governor from Texas being a buffoon.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:32 pm

No. I think the title of this thread was a ridiculous exaggeration. He didn't like the interview? Really? Many people don't like how their interview gets edited.

I think they did play into the sensitivity thing a bit too much. I watched the interview and the promos leading up to it and that was their catch.

Even if he acts like a diva, I could give a rats ass. He's a kick ass quarterback and he's with the Packers. Enough said.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dairylander » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Diva is the wrong word.
Maybe kind of a baby?
Regardless, I thought it was refreshing to see a quarterback that isn't an egotistical jackass. He seems like a good guy, more down to earth than other Superbowl MVPs.
Dairylander
Forum Addict

Postby minicat » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Dairylander wrote:He seems like a good guy, more down to earth than other Superbowl MVPs.

2nd.

and other than one snarky moment, he handled himself extremely well during the nightmarish last few years of Favre deciding to play or not before his ignominious dumping.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:47 pm

I'll reserve judgement for now. In my limited experience in being interviewed for TV news spots, I was always surprised by what they would cut out vs what they air. Didn't take long to learn that they come with an agenda and edit to suit. So, one would think someone like Rodgers, who is accustomed to media attention, would not be surprised by a story not being edited to his liking. Complaining about it probably wasn't real smart, but I don't think it makes him a diva.

We, the worshipful fans around here, will have more to do with turning him into a diva than anything else. Everybody tells you you're wonderful and special, then get all pissed off when you start to believe them.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:53 pm

gargantua wrote:So, one would think someone like Rodgers, who is accustomed to media attention, would not be surprised by a story not being edited to his liking.

From what I've heard, he doesn't do very many interviews like that. He doesn't really like the media attention. Chance are, after this, he won't be doing many in the near future.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:20 am

Stebben84 wrote:
gargantua wrote:So, one would think someone like Rodgers, who is accustomed to media attention, would not be surprised by a story not being edited to his liking.

From what I've heard, he doesn't do very many interviews like that. He doesn't really like the media attention. Chance are, after this, he won't be doing many in the near future.

He does do TV ads, though, like the continually hilarious "discount doublecheck" tours de force, and doing national media ads inevitably leads to attention from outfits like Deadspin. Deadspin, TMZ, etc., have an identifiable agenda: making celebrities look silly. I agree with gargantua that the local fans will have a lot to do with whether or not Rodgers looks like a diva, but just putting himself out there invites the media vultures. I think Rodgers handles it as well as any athlete with the possibe exception of Payton Manning.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:33 am

That 60 Minutes piece was rather boring, but I thought the biggest turds in it were two of the Packer owners - that St Vince guy and the clown with the cheesehead that says "Owner" on it. Those two need to just knock it off already.
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:16 pm

I don't think anyone can out-diva the Packer's previous starting quarterback.
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mifflander » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Somebody's Minnesotan roots are showing again.

Packer envy anyone?

Jumbo Shrimp

Military Intelligence

Isthmus Sports Coverage
mifflander
Forum Addict

Postby scratch » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:I don't think anyone can out-diva the Packer's previous starting quarterback.

To give St. Brett his due, the diva stuff only became a problem late in his career.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:30 pm

scratch wrote:
Michael Patrick wrote:I don't think anyone can out-diva the Packer's previous starting quarterback.

To give St. Brett his due, the diva stuff only became a problem late in his career.

Before that his resumé only listed horndog.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking