MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 48.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Monovox guitarist, Paul Heenan, Killed by Madison Police

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Re: Monovox guitarist, Paul Heenan, Killed by Madison Police

Postby Meade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:03 am

fisticuffs wrote:Why don't you people have Lawrence on ignore?

Why don't you?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 am

Meade is a known representative of a life philosophy which is being perfectly reflected in his current, subhuman attitude. Why the surprise?
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 am

My heart goes out to all parties involved.

I read the story Friday morning and had the same gut-check as snoqueen. We all knew whose shift this was. When the confirmation came that Steve was involved with the shots being fired my heart sank.

I didn't know Paul Heenan other than having shared acquaintances. By all accounts he was a wonderful guy. I can’t say much more than the loss his friends and family are dealing with is something I wouldn’t wish on anyone. No one deserves to endure this kind of heartbreak and its little consolation but my thoughts and prayers are with them.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby oranger » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 am

FYI this is the Local Music Forum not the Suicide by Cop Forum

Please respect the dead.

http://www.cressfuneralservice.com/obit ... ul-Heenan/

Instead of mindless speculation before the facts are out it would be constructive if those who have links to projects that they worked with Paulie on would post those links on this thread.
oranger
Forum Addict

Postby Meade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:49 am

oranger wrote:FYI this is the Local Music Forum not the Suicide by Cop Forum

Okay, well, then may I suggest not titling your posts with "Killed by Madison Police" before all the facts are known. The Madison Police killed Paul Heenan? Are you sure that is accurate?

Please respect the search for truth.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:15 am

What a horrible situation. I feel so bad for everyone involved, and for the victim's family especially. And yeah, for Steve too. I'm sure he is in a mess right now.

And yeah, it is long past time to put Meade on ignore.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:35 am

Meade wrote:The self-appointed taste police here are trigger-happy.

On the contrary, Larry, Jason is hardly self-appointed. And Kenneth has been quite consistent, asking others to show some decorum and respect even when you're involved.

From another sector on this site:

"Contempt for the community will result in deactivation
If the preponderance of posts from a member are insulting or combative, then that member's account will be deactivated."
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Meade wrote: The Madison Police killed Paul Heenan? Are you sure that is accurate?

Please respect the search for truth.

The man was shot to death by a Madison Police Officer. That is what is called 'an established fact.'

I respect the search for the truth. Which is why I feel comfortable pointing out, yet again, the simple truth that you are the dumbest motherfucker on the planet.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Marvell wrote:The man was shot to death by a Madison Police Officer. That is what is called 'an established fact.'

Then why not title the post "Monovox guitarist, Paul Heenan, Killed by a Madison Police Officer" or "...Killed in Officer-involved Shooting"?

And if you don't want commenters asking questions that you may deem to be in bad taste, why not title it something like, "Paul Heenan: In Memoriam"? Instead, oranger's original post begins with a link to a news report which includes questions and speculation - something oranger said "seems appropriate to post here".

Again, I'm heartened by what I take to be people's abhorrence for -albeit unintended - the idea of self-murder, aka, suicide.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:53 pm

Meade wrote:Then why not title the post "Monovox guitarist, Paul Heenan, Killed by a Madison Police Officer" or "...Killed in Officer-involved Shooting"?

Because both of those exceed the character limit for topic titles. Let us hope that this will be sufficient reason to end this particular vein of threadjack.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dave esmond » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Meade wrote:And if you don't want commenters asking questions that you may deem to be in bad taste, why not title it something like, "Paul Heenan: In Memoriam"?

Why not just take the personal responsibility to not be a dick, no matter what the title says?

I'm just sick about the whole thing. My thoughts are with everyone involved.
dave esmond
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 pm

dave esmond wrote:Why not just take the personal responsibility to not be a dick, no matter what the title says?

dave esmond wrote:Why not just take the personal responsibility to not be a dick, no matter what the title says?

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:13 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Let us hope that this will be sufficient reason to end this particular vein of threadjack.

The "threadjack" here is by delicate hothouse flowers of forons, easily offended by thoughts, questions, speech and ideas which might prick their safe ideological cocoon of self-righteousness, who can't seem to lay off attacking me for posing one simple troubling question that is completely on topic: Is it not even possible that Paul Heenan in fact wanted to be killed?

In situations where police are called in (e.g., a home intrusion, apparent burglary, home invasion, rape, etc.), what causes the intruder, burglar, rapist to not comply with the police officer's orders? Impairment? Insanity? Intoxication? Death wish?
Last edited by Meade on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Meade wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:Let us hope that this will be sufficient reason to end this particular vein of threadjack.

The "threadjack" here is by forons who can't seem to lay off attacking me for posing a question that was completely on topic.

So you're saying you are the victim here? I'm starting to think that call for you to seek psychological help should be treated as urgent.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Meade wrote:The "threadjack" here is by forons who can't seem to lay off attacking me for posing a question that was completely on topic.

If by question that was completely on topic you mean cruel gossip, then you have accurately characterized the post.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Madison Music