MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Friday, July 11, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 69.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Monovox guitarist, Paul Heenan, Killed by Madison Police

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Re: Monovox guitarist, Paul Heenan, Killed by Madison Police

Postby massimo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Meade wrote:The "threadjack" here is by forons who can't seem to lay off attacking me for posing a question that was completely on topic.

I agree with this, in slightly altered form:
The "threadjack" here is by forons who can't seem to refrain from taking Meade's bait and playing directly into his hands.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Kenneth, if my question qualifies as "cruel gossip," where is your criticism of snoqueen's cruel gossip? The selective way you criticize others' speech here is very revealing.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:34 pm

massimo wrote:The "threadjack" here is by forons who can't seem to refrain from taking Meade's bait and playing directly into his hands.

If you believe that, perhaps it is those forons who you should put on "ignore".
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:39 pm

Meade wrote:Kenneth, if my question qualifies as "cruel gossip," where is your criticism of snoqueen's cruel gossip? The selective way you criticize others' speech here is very revealing.

I think everyone should refrain from speculating and wait for more facts about this horrific tragedy to be made known.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Meade wrote:If you believe that, perhaps it is those forons who you should put on "ignore".

You may have a point there. You should know, though, I had to take you off ignore because trying to make sense of TDPF only through the lens of people engaging you was damn near impossible.

Also, since the election, you've taken unhinged to new levels, and that's just been too precious to ignore. I'm only human.

I agree with Kenneth. Let the facts come out.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Kenneth Burns wrote:I think everyone should refrain from speculating and wait for more facts about this horrific tragedy to be made known.

And yet snoqueen's and rick's speculating got a pass. Interesting. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".
Last edited by Meade on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:04 pm

massimo wrote:Let the facts come out.

Oh my god, massimino! You and I are on the same unhinged page!
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Meade wrote:And yet snoqueen's and rick's speculating got a pass. Interesting. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

How is saying everyone should refrain from speculating giving anyone a pass?
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Kenneth Burns wrote:How is saying everyone should refrain from speculating giving anyone a pass?

It isn't. The pass was in saying nothing when snoqueen and rick offered their speculations while trying to discipline me as soon as I asked an unsettling question.

Btw: Here is Adam Schabow's Sept. 23 interview with Madison Police Officer Steve Heimsness, the officer reportedly involved in the shooting, a friend of Schabow's, who was also highly active during the so-called Wisconsin Uprising: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi-hpeud ... r_embedded Don't miss Schabow's fawning ingratiation at 6:49. Many of you loved Steve Heimsness when you were protesting at the Capitol and the "cops are on our side" but now, now that he apparently pulled the trigger of the gun that fired the bullets that killed a local musician you all identify with, now he's a pariah.

As I said - despicable.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:45 pm

I didn't see snoqueen's post. It's not clear to me what's speculative about rick's.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Kenneth Burns wrote:I didn't see snoqueen's post.

You've seen it now, haven't you.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Meade wrote:As I said - despicable.

You sure are.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Yes, and my response was that everyone should refrain from speculating and wait for the facts to emerge.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bumpity » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:57 pm

What the hell is wrong with you?! First, when Sno made her initial speculation, Mr. Heenan had not been identified. Sno admittedly was casting about, trying to understand how it could have happened, and hoping to find a way that no one was the "bad guy." No one knew who this guy was, or who the office was, and what could have happened was just about anyone's guess.

Contrast that to your post, after the person was identified and remembered fondly as a kind and gentle person. You try to insinuate that it was his fault, that he intended to be killed that night. You jumped all over a person who said that a cop who acted with excessive force ought not to have a gun anymore, wrongly assuming that the person had accused the cop of using excessive force in THIS instance. Instead, the person was citing a PAST incident, where "excessive force" was identifed as the reason for a payout.

Finally, more than one poster has indicated his/her feelings of sympathy for Walter, and hoping he is doing ok. Hardly shunning as "pariah." There has been despicable behavior on this thread, but it's all on you. Get past your addiction to being the victim all the time, and maybe you can see that.
bumpity

Postby Meade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Kenneth Burns wrote:Yes, and my response was that everyone should refrain from speculating and wait for the facts to emerge.

No opinion on whether or not snoqueen's speculating was in really bad taste and thus she deserves discipline?

Also, what is the reason for refrain from speculating (on an internet forum) and, instead, waiting for the facts to emerge? (Were you not around in 1972 when a couple of Washington Post reporters began speculating and asking questions about a small time burglary in a an office complex in Wahington, D.C.?

And besides, what is the rule that we must not ask questions while waiting to draw conclusions until all the facts are known? And by whose authority should that rule be adhered to?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Madison Music