MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, October 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 46.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

This is absolutely disgusting

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: This is absolutely disgusting

Postby david cohen » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:55 pm

I think it was a pre-election stunt gone awry.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:09 pm

david cohen wrote:I think it was a pre-election stunt gone awry.

I thought the same thing. Dumb ass got some buddies to beat him up and claimed it was a political attack. But I would assume they would have had the sense to actually yell political insults while doing so.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Come on now... you'd have to be pretty messed up to have someone punch you in the face a few times to sustain the kinds of injuries this kid did.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:28 pm

I'll take a shot at it now that more facts are known.

Man goes out drinking in Whitewater and sees a pretty woman/man. He tries to impress the woman and someother people drinking at the bar have a problem with it. Words are spoken and because too much alcohol has been drunk the man thinks, I can kick two guys asses.

Man gets his ass kicked and is completely embarrassed. So he makes up a story to cover his ass. Because we all know Obama supporters would go out at bar time and steal Romney signs and kick people's asses. The police investigate the story and can't find any information that backs the man's story so no charges are filed.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:38 pm

If there wasn't something fishy and potentially politically damaging for Kedzie going on here, there would already have been a civil suit for the physical damages. Something fishy and opportunistic is going on. People have been known to "pay" for a beatdown in order to further their perverse ends. Remember the stunt that loser pulled trying to smear Pocan's husband?
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:52 pm

I think some people are way too quick with the speculation here.

The guy looks like he was in a fight. He says he was in a fight. Witnesses apparently confirmed that he was in a fight. So I'm prepared to accept that, yeah, he probably was in a fight.

DC, I've never actually heard of someone faking injury by going to the extreme of actually paying others to publicly assault them. In every case I know of (the McCain worker in 2008, the guy who tried to frame Pocan's husband) the wacko just invented a nonexistent attack or injured themselves. Maybe there's a case, somewhere, along the lines of what you're suggesting, but it's got to be rare.

As for speculation that it was over a woman in a bar ... One could invent all kinds of hypotheticals.

The guy probably was in a fight. It may or may not have involved politics --at this point I'd say probably not, but who knows. The guy whom Kedzie tried to blame appears to be innocent.

That's all we know. And all we're likely to ever know.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:58 am

kurt_w wrote:I think some people are way too quick with the speculation here.

The guy looks like he was in a fight. He says he was in a fight. Witnesses apparently confirmed that he was in a fight. So I'm prepared to accept that, yeah, he probably was in a fight.

DC, I've never actually heard of someone faking injury by going to the extreme of actually paying others to publicly assault them. In every case I know of (the McCain worker in 2008, the guy who tried to frame Pocan's husband) the wacko just invented a nonexistent attack or injured themselves. Maybe there's a case, somewhere, along the lines of what you're suggesting, but it's got to be rare.

As for speculation that it was over a woman in a bar ... One could invent all kinds of hypotheticals.

The guy probably was in a fight. It may or may not have involved politics --at this point I'd say probably not, but who knows. The guy whom Kedzie tried to blame appears to be innocent.

That's all we know. And all we're likely to ever know.

KW,
Well framed. But I will add the following observation; some people are just dicks because the current context they find themselves in allows it. It is funny to me that many who proselytize the higher plain have a hard time living there.
MH
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 pm

kurt_w wrote:DC, I've never actually heard of someone faking injury by going to the extreme of actually paying others to publicly assault them.

Someone needs to re-watch Dirty Harry.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 pm

1) Kid gets his ass kicked in Whitewater, a notorious party town even by Wisconsin state school standards (only place I've ever heard the term "dimers" used, as in a bar serving tap beer for ten cents).

2) Blames it on Democrats attempting to steal a Romney sign from his yard whom he encountered in the dark of night nad confronted by saying "drop the sign, asshole." Shaves his beard. Appears on TV with his dad, a Republican state legislator (indeed: A senator's son).

3) Tracks down the alleged attacker, a UWW soccer player named Max Hey, which is a GREAT soccer name.

4) A month or so later, senator's son asks cops to stop investigating after soccer player passes a lie detector test and the trail of the attackers turns cold.

4a) Soccer player (NOT a senator's son) asks cops if the senator's son took a lie detector test.

Sounds like a plot you'd find in an episode of "The Good Wife."
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Headlines