MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, July 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

The Massacre, why?

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

The Massacre, why?

Postby SABrooks » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:02 am

By way of some explanation . . .

I have been sitting here this morning praying the rosary and crying right along w/the prayers. It’s so overwhelming that I had to stop and rest. I had to think about what I know.

At this time of change and movement into a new cycle, it has been prophesied that goodness would rise up, people would unite, and love would start being accepted as a way of Being. Shields of hatred would start to crumble moving us into a state of better living, living in love. However, the Evil on the earth is like a real living entity that feeds on guilt, hatred, fear, and shame. The Evil is so invasive that there is no real profile on where it will strike. Those with negative emotions in their heart will be first on the menu. But, how does the Evil churn up even more hatred and fear? It preys on the innocent, the heart of who we are and who we hope to become. Once Evil attacks us so insidiously, our grief, anguish, and outrage finally turns us into the very thing that caused us the grief.

The Evil knows how to gain the foothold in our hearts. We, as most people on earth, are urging countries to banish weapons of mass destruction, and yet we allow the sale of assault rifles with rounds of ammunition that are there only for killing humans. Who is blocking the laws that would provide us and our children some modicum of protection? Who are they?? Why can’t we ban these weapons? Who really wants and needs them?
SABrooks

Re: The Massacre, why?

Postby Shorty » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:32 pm

It was sad and something like this happened in 1927.

Mass school bombing in 1927 puts Sandy Hook in context
http://news.yahoo.com/mass-school-bombi ... 08674.html

"On May 18, 1927, a part-time caretaker at a school in Bath, Michigan, killed 45 people, including 38 children, when he blew up a school and then killed himself, along with two first responders at the scene. Another 58 people were wounded. The 38 children were in grades three through six."
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Shorty, could you expand on that?

At first reading, it sounds like you're saying shit happens. But I don't think that's what you intended.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:36 pm

No I wasn't saying that or trivializing Sandy Hook. I believe mass shootings are preventable with better gun control and more mental health care. I pointed out the 1927 massacre because I like historical perspectives.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Oh hell I'll say it...shit does happen.

Ban the guns (something I happen to agree with). Crazy people are still going to figure out a way to massacre innocent people.

Although...the other ways...such as driving your car into a group of people...will make the rest of us feel less bad.

So we got that going for us. Which is nice.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 pm

bdog wrote:Although...the other ways...such as driving your car into a group of people...will make the rest of us feel less bad.

Really? I don't think most peoples' grief over the slaughter of innocents is affected by how the deaths happened.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines