MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 27.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Suzy Favor Hamilton, Las Vegas Call-Girl

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Suzy Favor Hamilton, Las Vegas Call-Girl

Postby Huckleby » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:
Huckleby wrote: Whatever thrills and bills she got out of the deal is fine with me, she's not hurting anyone, it's her business.

She's not hurting anyone? She's not hurting her husband? She's not hurting her 9-year-old daughter? She's not hurting the charities and corporations that have branded with her? You really believe that?

I shed no tears for her lost branding. There are plenty more saintly figures in the wings that those charities and clients can seamlessly place on her now empty pedestal. Tim Tebow is a man of God - not quite as virtuous as a marathon runner but marketable just the same - and lord knows he has time on his hands lately.

Of course you are right that she hurt some people close to her, especially her daughter, my statement was not accurate. BTW, why do you assume that her husband was not aware of the $600/hour, college fund drive?
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Remember_Me wrote:I wonder if her hooker moniker Kelly Lundy was a play on Kelly Bundy.Image

Good catch! I bet you are right.

Kelly Bundy has much to account for. The death of trillions of innocent sperm cells in the 1980's is on her conscience.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:22 pm

KidCapitol wrote:Why be so PC about this and call her for what she really is?
Nothing but a goddamn WHORE.

Why is providing such a service goddamnable? Do you offer the same condemnation of her clients? What else is goddamnable, sodomy? sodoyou?

I have strong and mixed feelings about prostitution. It should be legal, and it is not inherently a moral issue, in my view. Yet, when you drill down to the gritty realities, I'm sure a lot of women are trapped, degraded and abused in that situation. Duh.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 pm

KidCapitol wrote:Nothing but a goddamn WHORE.

Got a name for the "hobbyists" who were her johns?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
KidCapitol wrote:Nothing but a goddamn WHORE.

Got a name for the "hobbyists" who were her johns?

Dumb-asses comes to mind
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:45 pm

david cohen wrote: I am surmising that as her marriage struggled and the real estate market turned upside down, she sought comfort elsewhere..... I hope she gets help and has the courage to speak out about her experiences.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Find courage and speak out!!!?? You actually want to watch her inevitable and very public come-to-Jesus moment? As Jesus himself once said, "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do."

America loves nothing better than a fallen sinner on the rebound. I wonder who will get the first teary interview? Barbara Walters is a safe bet. This is the greatest show on earth, some viewers will fantasize about her sexually, others will share a good cry. Either way, there won't be a dry tissue in the house.

Mark my words: SFH will return as a public saint, her market value will only soar. Can you imagine how many millions she will get for the movie rights?

I do take your point about the real estate market being down.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Gee Huck, I was thinking more along the lines of her speaking with other women (and men) who have fallen and seek to rise again.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:34 pm

david cohen wrote:Gee Huck, I was thinking more along the lines of her speaking with other women (and men) who have fallen and seek to rise again.

OK, I will turn my cynacism down half a notch, but only half.

I don't believe she has fallen so much as she got caught.

She is a motivationl speaker, so she is good to go. How does Tony Robbins begin his galas? Often by talking about the days when he was overweight and broke and alone. What do evangelists of all stripes do? Talk about how sweet life was before they accepted the lord as their personal savior? No, you gotta have a redemption story.

I concede your point that this is a genuine personal tragedy for her, and the pain she expresses is undoubtably sincere. So there, I met you half way.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:Bizarre details here.

Slutshaming. What's odd here is that sometimes when Stu feels the need to shame people he disapproves of, he will post [or link] their name and [/or their] home address with information about the city's valuation of their property and property taxes. For some reason, in this case, Stu decided not to do that. I wonder why.

EDIT to add qualifiers in brackets and bolded.
Last edited by Meade on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:46 pm

FYI: SFH lives in Green County, not Madison.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Meade wrote:
Stu Levitan wrote:Bizarre details here.

Hey, this thread isn't about ME! I wonder why.

Thought I'd tighten up your prose there, bud.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:58 pm

david cohen wrote:Although I made fun of her, upon retrospect, I think this is a serious issue that's not funny.

Oops - he let his mask slip.

david cohen wrote:I am surmising that as her marriage struggled and the real estate market turned upside down, she sought comfort elsewhere, and that evolved into her present situation. The pressure of being SFH just became too much to bear (on top of being a parent). I would draw the parallel of the rock star with stage fright. You would never know, of course, unless you really knew them personally. They turn to drugs/alcohol just to get past their insecurities. SFH turned to an alter ego. I hope she gets help and has the courage to speak out about her experiences. And I hope the Big Ten doesn't do anything rash based on her personal life decades after her triumphs on the tartan.

Ah, there now - get that mask back up there - the mask of Compassionate Sensitive Progressive Non-Judging Man. Psychologize what you consider to be "bizarre" behavior. Medicalize uncomfortable evil. Relativize your morality.

On the other hand, props to snoqueen and huckleby for advocating a more enlightened libertarian view of prostitution and resisting the dissonance of the Liberal and Progressive squares' pathetic moralizing/authoritarian internal conflicts.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Troll alert!

Now tell us, what does your domme charge?
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:53 pm

Meade wrote:he will post their name and home address with information about the city's valuation of their property and property taxes.

What are you talking about? Is this confirmed?
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Meade wrote:Slutshaming. What's odd here is that sometimes when Stu feels the need to shame people he disapproves of, he will post their name and home address with information about the city's valuation of their property and property taxes. For some reason, in this case, Stu decided not to do that. I wonder why.

Meade, please cite one instance in which I posted someone's name or home address. Thanks.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines