MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, August 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 64.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Isthmus Branches into Possible Libel in Insulting Activist!

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Isthmus Branches into Possible Libel in Insulting Activist!

Postby ryanj0 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Now don't get me wrong, I find the contempt of Jason Joyce and crew towards me to be humorous. I mean here's people who get upset that Planned Parenthood gets dissed when only 3% of what they do is abortions. The same people hone in on just a small percentage of what I do and seem to be okay making issue with less than 3% of what I do. It is true, during the struggle, less than 1% of my time was spent hurling insults and getting “rowdy”. The other 99% was spent quietly sitting in meetings and reporting on what I saw. Of course, the less than 1% of my time is what they find newsworthy so they attempt, along with people on this forum, to make it seem this is all I do.

That is fine, the hypocrisy of criticizing me for a VERY small portion of what I do, while getting upset when other organizations or people (i.e. the Planned Parenthood example) are criticized for the same thing is apparent. This week in your paper, you had a segment called “Cheap Shots”. In this article, I am attacked and you state this “Most egregious was when he loudly chanted "Dick Wheeler is dead" while the recently deceased Capitol journalist's daughter was working inside. Stay home, Jeremy!”. This is FALSE. I have debunked it many times and will again here.

As you can see in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZQl-WD2aWY , I never said “Wheeler is Dead”, I said “Wheeler's dad” a major difference. So why is this possible libel and the other articles on it are not? Because in the other articles, it states I am accused of saying “Wheeler is Dead”. This is fact, I am ACCUSED of saying it. I never did say it though as this video proves. It has not been proven in a court of law that I said it, there is no indication at all except a police report that I said it. It is libelous to state as fact someone said something that they did not say. Please do the proper thing and issue a retraction and an apology for your sloppy journalism and I may consider not taking legal action. Thanks and have a great day!

Jeremy Ryan
ryanj0

Re: Isthmus Branches into Possible Libel in Insulting Activi

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:44 pm

ryanj0 wrote:Please do the proper thing and issue a retraction and an apology for your sloppy journalism and I may consider not taking legal action.

In other words, I need a way to make some money now that my deathbed scam is over.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ryanj0 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Stebben84 wrote:
In other words, I need a way to make some money now that my deathbed scam is over.

There was no deathbed scam. But you can think what you want, obviously you have so much anger towards me that everything I say and do is false and a scam. I get it.
ryanj0

Postby O.J. » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:57 pm

ryanj0 wrote: I get it.

No, you don't. And that's the problem.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:58 pm

ryanj0 wrote:obviously you have so much anger towards me that everything I say and do is false and a scam.

You don't make me angry, but I do think most of what you do is a scam so you got that part right.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ryanj0 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:02 pm

OK, I get that many of you have much contempt towards me without even knowing me. This is fine, but I won't respond anymore to contempt comments. If you want to respond about how horrible I am or how you hate this or that I did start a new thread. Please stick to the topic at hand on this one which is the libel shown by the Isthmus. Criticizing me does not add to this conversation.
ryanj0

Postby Stomach » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:07 pm

ryanj0 wrote:Criticizing me does not add to this conversation.

This is a conversation?
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:18 pm

ryanj0 wrote:Please stick to the topic at hand on this one which is the libel shown by the Isthmus.

OK. Watched your video and it sounds like you say dead.

By the way, those comments didn't look too positive now did they. I guess us forons aren't the only ones.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Steve Vokers » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Why the hell were you yelling about Wheeler in the first place? Dick Wheeler did more to shine a light on the inner workings of WI government than anyone. He deserves our respect, as do his family members who carry on his work.

And this helps the cause exactly how?

Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Steve Vokers wrote:Why the hell were you yelling about Wheeler in the first place? Dick Wheeler did more to shine a light on the inner workings of WI government than anyone. He deserves our respect, as do his family members who carry on his work.

It's another possible libel case. Cha ching.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ryanj0 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Steve Vokers wrote:Why the hell were you yelling about Wheeler in the first place?

You ask a valid question Steve. I was mentioning Dick because his daughter called the police on another activist for simply having a conversation outside the press room. I had to let her know that her dad did not call the police on us, he was actually nice to us protesters but that she calls the cops. I was trying to draw a contrast between her and her dad. Here is an article on the arrest I was responding to, the complainant being Wheelers daughter. http://voicesnewspaper.blogspot.com/201 ... ps-up.html
ryanj0

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Watched the video; you might want to learn to speak more clearly when recording yourself.

It does sound like you said dead, and if you are seriously looking to bring a libel lawsuit good luck convincing a jury that it wasn't a reasonable interpretation of what you said. You also might want to talk to someone who actually understands defamation law since they would probably be able to explain why your lawsuit would have less than a snowballs chance in hell of succeeding.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:39 pm

ryanj0 wrote:Here is an article on the arrest I was responding to

That's not an article, that's a shitty blog post by some random person. Jeebus, talk about credible.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Steve Vokers wrote:Why the hell were you yelling about Wheeler in the first place? Dick Wheeler did more to shine a light on the inner workings of WI government than anyone. He deserves our respect, as do his family members who carry on his work.

The mother of Jeremy J. "Segway" Ryan, 24, of Madison, found the jacket in October while she was cleaning out Ryan's apartment at 515 State St

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/crim ... z2GNSNdiwO

Your mommy still cleans up after you? How quaint.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:04 pm

O.J. wrote:
The mother of Jeremy J. "Segway" Ryan, 24, of Madison, found the jacket in October while she was cleaning out Ryan's apartment at 515 State St

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/crim ... z2GNSNdiwO

Your mommy still cleans up after you? How quaint.

Even worse ... did his mother turn him in to the cops? That's what that article seemed to infer.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Local Politics & Government