MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Skating at Olbrich
Thursday, December 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 25.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

John McAfee hiding from Belize authorities

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

John McAfee hiding from Belize authorities

Postby Beaver » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:07 pm

I hope he gets a fair trial.

Eccentric Tech Wizard Wanted for Questioning in Murder
http://news.yahoo.com/eccentric-tech-wi ... ories.html

"John McAfee, the tech wizard who developed the McAfee anti-virus software in the 1980s and helped pioneer instant messaging in the 1990s, is wanted for questioning by Belize Police in connection with the murder of a neighbor and fellow American expatriate.

Police say 52-year-old Gregory Faull was found dead in his tropical island hacienda on Sunday -- discovered lying face down in a pool of blood by his housekeeper. Police say he was shot in the back of the head. Gang Suppression Unit commander Marco Vidal told ABC News that McAfee was one of several individuals wanted for questioning. Belize Police spokesman Raphael Martinez also said that McAfee is one of several "persons of interest" in the inquiry.

But McAfee told Wired magazine he was innocent, and that he watched police search his property from a hole he'd buried in the sand – covering himself with a cardboard box. "It was extremely uncomfortable," he told Wired, adding, 'You can say I'm paranoid about it but they will kill me, there is no question. They've been trying to get me for months."
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Re: John McAfee hiding from Belize authorities

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:00 pm

I guess they are scanning for McAfee.
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Dust Mite Rodeo wrote:I guess they are scanning for McAfee.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Well, Ernie thought it was funny.
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Now McAfee has been quarantined.
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:45 pm

The story gets even crazier. I guarantee a movie will be made about this guy:

Spymaster
I purchased 75 cheap laptop computers and, with trusted help, installed invisible keystroke logging software on all of them—the kind that calls home (to me) and disgorges the text files. It also, on command, turns on, and off, the microphone and camera—and sends these files on command. I had the computers re-packaged as if new. I began giving these away as presents to select people—government employees, police officers, Cabinet Minister’s assistants, girlfriends of powerful men, boyfriends of powerful women. I hired four trusted people full time to monitor the text files and provide myself with the subsequent passwords for everyone’s e-mail, Facebook, private message boards, and other passworded accounts. The keystroke monitoring continued after password collection, in order to document text input that would later be deleted. So nothing was missed.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Stebben84 wrote:The story gets even crazier. I guarantee a movie will be made about this guy:

Spymaster
I purchased 75 cheap laptop computers and, with trusted help, installed invisible keystroke logging software on all of them—the kind that calls home (to me) and disgorges the text files. It also, on command, turns on, and off, the microphone and camera—and sends these files on command. I had the computers re-packaged as if new. I began giving these away as presents to select people—government employees, police officers, Cabinet Minister’s assistants, girlfriends of powerful men, boyfriends of powerful women. I hired four trusted people full time to monitor the text files and provide myself with the subsequent passwords for everyone’s e-mail, Facebook, private message boards, and other passworded accounts. The keystroke monitoring continued after password collection, in order to document text input that would later be deleted. So nothing was missed.

The man had an army of hooker spies. All I can say is John is the right kind of crazy. He's like Hunter S. Thompson except without the talent.,

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:00 am

That's it. Hunter Thompson without the talent. I was trying to think who he reminded me of but all I came up with was Carlos Castaneda.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 am

Definitely a movie. Bets on who will play him?

Johnny Depp is too obvious.
I'll say Sam Rockwell.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:38 am

Wow, I don't even know what to say:

http://www.whoismcafee.com/the-girls/

And he is now living in Portland.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/John-McA ... 80932.html
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess