MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Skating at Olbrich
Thursday, December 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Saturday's gun rally at the Capitol

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Saturday's gun rally at the Capitol

Postby snoqueen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:44 pm

I wonder if the people in Egypt will order pizzas for the demonstrators this time.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:56 pm

snoqueen wrote:I wonder if the people in Egypt will order pizzas for the demonstrators this time.

I would like pepperoni and bullets on my thin crust please.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Just be sure not to deliver the pies in black helicopters. That's not going to go over we'll with this group.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:44 pm

What will be the popular meme at this rally? Most of these guys are "morans" so I assume we'll see some really over the top attempts at preaching to the choir about Obama being a tyrant, and some hints about "impeachment." Will it go further? Will there be some borderline threats and attempts at ginning up insurrection, civil war, etc? I can only guess these guys are just going to reinforce the extremely bad image they have projected to America over the last month. The more these guys parade around the more America turns against them. I hope they show up and give us all a good idea why we don't want these crazies carrying weapons.
Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

I think I'd prefer to see no one show up other than the freaks. If they stand there in the cold wondering why no one came to shout at them, perhaps they'll realize they're a dying breed.

And of course they'll declare it a huge success, having taken their message into the belly of the beast.

Are you planning on attending, Ned? You'd have to buy a gun first, of course. At least if you want to get into the proper spirit.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:58 am

what's a moran? how is it related to a morin? moraine?
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:19 am

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 am

gozer wrote:what's a moran? how is it related to a morin? moraine?

Basically, it's a self-defining word, a simple word misspelled that accurately describes someone who misspells simple words.

"Get a brain morans"
"Your an idoit"
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Conservative blogger Bob Owens speculates about a campaign of domestic terrorism, in which "lone wolves" and small teams of gun owners mount dispersed attacks on electrical infrastructure, to shut down the power grid around liberal cities or states.

How many days with partial power or no power, how many nights in the dark, would it take before the local economy collapsed in the targeted area? Insurgents could cripple a city, region, or state, without ever firing a bullet at another human being.

Progressives seeking to undermine the Constitution seem to think they hold all the cards. I would warn them that they are not remotely prepared for what will happen if they attempt to cross Constitutional boundaries and natural rights.

It could be a cold, dark winter.

Tread carefully.

Not to be outdone, his commenters enthusiastically join in:

As I and many others have pointed out – take out the power, take out the water pumps, drop a couple of key highway bridges with thermite and the cities become death traps within 72 hours.

Do that to 50 major liberal cities and there is simply no way that the Federal government would be able to respond.

Self-organizing groups would know this and would act without central direction. No rebel HVTs to take out.

But on the other side of the scale, the elected officials are all HVTs for the rebels. And there are at least 30,000,000 potential snipers aiming for about 5,000 of them. That’s going to be challenging.

I believe it’s going to get very, very ugly. And sooner than anyone expected, sadly enough.

Nice, eh? What you're seeing there is the creation of an environment for breeding future Timothy McVeighs.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Sounds an awful lot like terrorism to me.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:30 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Sounds an awful lot like terrorism to me.

Please don't confuse terrorism with patriotism. THESE ARE FUCKING PATRIOTS.

I'm not sure where you found that, but I sure hope that guy is reported to the FBI.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:36 pm

I found that post (& comment) here:

http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/01/shock-the-system/

via a link from here.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 pm

That is most certainly advocating domestic terrorism, and those guys should be locked up for many years.

As for the rally, I agree with Peej--by far the best thing to do would be to completely ignore them, and leave them wondering. Of course, a great many liberals in Madison will not be able to resist attending a counter-demonstration.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:41 pm

kurt_w wrote:
But on the other side of the scale, the elected officials are all HVTs for the rebels. And there are at least 30,000,000 potential snipers aiming for about 5,000 of them. That’s going to be challenging.

Thirty MILLION "potential snipers?" Really? Suppose the commenter is including all NRA members in that number. That takes care of 4.25 million of them. SPLC estimates 300,000 "militia" members, which brings us up to a neat 4.5 million. Where are the other 35.5 million "snipers" coming from?
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:43 pm

kurt_w wrote:I found that post (& comment) here:

http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/01/shock-the-system/

via a link from here.

I reported it to the FBI. Others may have, but I thought it was worth doing anyways.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government