MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, July 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Best of TDPF

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Best of TDPF

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:02 pm

rabble wrote:Just because it's so obvious to me that the BoR and Constition put limits on both the government AND the people, it had never occurred to me that there were people who thought they only limited government.

I don't understand it but now I know this view exists and I can work with that.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Donald wrote:The powers of the federal government were left purposely vague in the Necessary and Proper Clause and in the General Welfare provision of the Spending Clause. The framers didn't nail these down for the perfectly good reason that nailing them down was politically impossible during the Constitutional Convention. Thus, they left certain powers of government vague, expecting them to be fully fleshed out through the political process. Madison's views on the Necessary and Proper Clause went through several iterations, as did the views of many of the Founders. Original intent is bullshit. The Founders were smart enough to realize that a government that would last would be one that could change when necessary.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:32 pm

addressing Meade:

ninja wrote:...fuck off and don't talk to me. You're a weasel. I don't associate with weasels.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 am

Mean Scenester wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:God's weapon of choice was the jawbone of an ass.

In that case, this rallying crowd will be heavily armed.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:41 am

snoqueen wrote:addressing Meade:

ninja wrote:...fuck off and don't talk to me. You're a weasel. I don't associate with weasels.

That's not just the Best of TDPF. That's as good as it gets.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Meade wrote:
snoqueen wrote:addressing Meade:

That's not just the Best of TDPF. That's as good as it gets.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 pm

by bdog
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:09 am

There seems to be a turn to the best of thrashings. Observe how this professional gets it done:

pjbogart wrote:
doppel wrote:Hey PJ, two questions. How come kurt w gets a pass and I don't? I know this is the drunk post thread and everything, but see if you can answer this question without using the word "douche". And was that a picture of you and a beginer's blunt or not?

Ok, this isn't really a proper drunk post because I only had a couple of beers but I'm tired and cold and want to go to bed, so my not-very-compromised state of mind will have to do under the circumstances. First off, I accept your challenge of responding without calling you a douche, though I would have to say that your rather silly picture of a kid smoking a cigar doesn't quite rise to the humor expectations of non-douches, but I suppose we'll let that slide.

In fact, that is not me smoking a blunt. I'm not sure if there's technically a difference between a cigar and a blunt, but my understanding is that blunts are typically smaller versions of cigars that are filled/cut with marijuana, and it's impossible to tell if this youngster is actually smoking marijuana, so I think I'd refer to that as a cigar, not a blunt. Admittedly, this is simply the opinion of a non-douche, so perhaps you have a different opinion.

Secondly, the reason that Kurt "gets a pass" is because he isn't a douche. Kurt posts information, sometimes entire threads filled with valuable facts which allow the rest of us to be better citizens. In contrast to myself, rather than intentionally throwing himself into the penalty box by dropping his gloves and breaking someone's nose, Kurt scores the goals. He's the star, I'm the brute. Without Kurt, I wouldn't win any games. Without me, Kurt would feel the need to spend more time responding to douches, which would prevent him from scoring as many goals. It's a symbiotic relationship, and you have a role too... you're the douche.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:50 am

Mad Howler wrote:There seems to be a turn to the best of thrashings.

Indeed. Direct some snark at someone who is unpopular on TDPF = instant "Best of". Thank you MH for continuing the trend.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 am

And there's bdog again refusing to make the connection that being a douchebag is a good way to make oneself unpopular.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:41 am

I agree with bdog, that post is a long, long way from qualifying as the best of The Daily Page Forum. Forons need to be more selective in adding posts to this thread. But, of course, that includes bdog as well.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:43 am

You don't get it Rabble.

Some here have earned the title douchebag (you certainly have). But directing routine snark at them is hardly "Best of".

Let's save that for the extraordinary snark.

Peej gets it. I'll stop now.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:31 pm

bdog wrote:
Mad Howler wrote:There seems to be a turn to the best of thrashings.

Indeed. Direct some snark at someone who is unpopular on TDPF = instant "Best of". Thank you MH for continuing the trend.

I agree that I might back off on pinging this thead, but I am just calling them as I see them. And, I have been seeing sone interesting stuff here lately.
MH
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:32 am

pjbogart wrote:Meh, chickens coming home to roost. Republicans have been grooming single issue voters for decades now. They've filled their camp with racists, religious zealots and gun-totin' madmen and now complain that people are acting dumb?

Yeah, when you have an entire party based upon benefiting the top 1%, you're going to have to attract some morons to back you up. Now that the Republican base is 90% morons, the 1% is becoming alarmed.

Your bed. Lie in it.

I will now meditate on this for a bit.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:12 am

Whoa old timer! That's a lot to meditate on!

I suggest you start with "chickens".

FWIW, Peej is now #1 on my top 12 foron list (it is constantly evolving). Hrmmmm....just realized Uncle_Leaver is still on it and he hardly posts at all anymore.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com