MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, September 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 68.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

YOUR favorite forons

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

YOUR favorite forons

Postby bdog » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 am

Jason had his turn, now it's ours. Who are your favorite forons and why?

I'll start:

Kenneth Burns - says everything that needs to be said in few words. Does not use snark, respectful of everyone. "A thundering velvet hand".

pjbogart - consistently the best poster in 2012. Drinks too much and then posts even better.

Stu Levitan - brass balls people! This is the rare foron who admits when he was wrong.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Re: YOUR favorite forons

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 am

I'm not going to pick favorites, but I'll mention a few that stick out for me.

Kurt-n-sno- He's the facts, she's the emotion. Kurt is like a search engine that filters out the stuff you don't need. Sno then neatly fits the facts into real world consequences and considerations you might have missed.

Detritus- He's the perfect blend of Kurt and Fisticuffs. He might tell you the facts, he might hand you some snark. He's like a box of chocolates, only some of the chocolates are actually a punch in the face.

pjbogart- Every time I wake up with my underwear on my head, I just know that pj's been up to no good. I especially like it when he calls Doppel a douche. If you see pj on here late at night, tell him to wash the damn dishes.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 am

pjbogart wrote:Kurt-n-sno- He's the facts, she's the emotion.
Are you channeling RoJo the Clown?
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:43 am

bdog wrote:Kenneth Burns - says everything that needs to be said in few words. Does not use snark, respectful of everyone. "A thundering velvet hand".

pjbogart - consistently the best poster in 2012. Drinks too much and then posts even better.

Stu Levitan - brass balls people! This is the rare foron who admits when he was wrong.

And yet you want me on your island? I can only assume then that you know I can fix lotsa things, start a fire in the rain, and get by on almost no food, leaving more for you.

Or you're just sweet on me..
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 pm

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens ...

Shit. Wrong thread. Sorry.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:19 pm

bdog wrote:Jason had his turn, now it's ours. Who are your favorite forons and why?

I'll start:

Kenneth Burns - says everything that needs to be said in few words. Does not use snark, respectful of everyone. "A thundering velvet hand".

Thanks for the compliment. I've made mistakes on here, but mainly I find I end up less stressed out when I don't take potshots.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:45 pm

pjbogart wrote:Detritus- He's the perfect blend of Kurt and Fisticuffs. He might tell you the facts, he might hand you some snark. He's like a box of chocolates, only some of the chocolates are actually a punch in the face.

Aw, you're so sweet! But I am NOT marrying you and taking over the management of your online reputation. Got that?
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:17 pm

I have no favorites. I love you all equally.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 am

Meade wrote:I have no favorites. I love you all equally.

EQUALLY???

No Valentine for you Mister. Hmpfff.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:23 am

Huckleby - is secure in his opinions and doesn't pander to anyone else. "Free Agent".
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:29 am

Jason Joyce - the glue. Everyone else gets to take timeouts, not JJ. He tried once. The forum tracked him down and said "Fuck you, pay me". Our bestest buddy and big toe.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 pm

I took a timeout last week. Went to San Francisco for a few days and didn't look at TDPF once. Not once! I did, however, attempt to explain how this thing works to some of my colleagues in the alt-weekly world. They were incredulous.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:52 pm

jjoyce wrote:I did, however, attempt to explain how this thing works to some of my colleagues in the alt-weekly world. They were incredulous.

Could have pulled it up with the fancy forum app on your phone and showed them it's for realz*

*That's how alt weekly people talk
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:45 pm

My favorite Foron of all time is Carl Johns' Mustache, the id of the Madison Music Scene and an all-time great. I don't know where that little devil scampered off to, but wherever he is, I hope he's being waxed daily.

I do also enjoy Stu's posts, but mostly just in that they reveal his sizable ego. (Maybe he's a great guy in real life - hard to say, what with all that ego way out front.)
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:37 pm

I did, however, attempt to explain how this thing works to some of my colleagues in the alt-weekly world. They were incredulous.

What's so unusual about the forum? (real question)

I am so very thankful Ishtmus hasn't gone the Facebook route. Facebook is so incredibly dumbifying.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com