MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Non-medicated posts responding to hydrocodone posts

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: Non-medicated posts responding to hydrocodone posts

Postby green union terrace chair » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:45 pm

pjbogart wrote:I'm not sure what all you folks are talking about. You never drank a few beers after downing painkillers? ...

Mad Howler wrote:I am assuming that that comment was "pro bono", else I think you have gypped, theoretical, paymasters. ...

Neither of you are supposed to be posting in this thread.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:38 am

green union terrace chair wrote:Neither of you are supposed to be posting in this thread.

You know, I have never found that anyone I have dealt with likes to be told what they are supposed to do. I think that is part of our nature/problem. Having looked back through this thread I accept your assertion and thanks ... 'click'
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby grumpybear » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:01 am

Anyway, I didn't take any of the hydrocodone today, figuring I could turn a buck selling it to some desperate yuppie. The doctor said that was fine

Who's your doctor? I think I fractured my ankle.
grumpybear

Postby Meade » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 am

pjbogart wrote:In honor of Meade, who's morbidly stupid, I'm going to fry up a pound of bacon tonight and then fry a New York Strip in the bacon grease.

Good idea. I'm serious. Eat nothing but beef, bacon, and greens for a year and you'll probably lose 100 pounds and save your own life. It's the beer that has made you so fat. Since you seem to be addicted to ethynol, get it straight from vodka, gin, or tequilla. Avoid carbohydrates.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:45 am

I thought gozer would have chimed in by now.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:28 pm

I don't understand how anyone gets addicted to those things. Broke a bone once and was given a bottle on my way out of the ER. Went home, settled in, took two of them (they were HUGE, guess it's cause they also had Tylenol in them), and after about 30 minutes I was literally running to my kitchen sink where they, along with a boot or two, came back up fiercely.

Called pharmacist, he said to try taking them with a meal. Tried later that night after dinner, again, about 30 minutes later... there went the drugs, dinner, and I'm pretty sure another boot.

Never again.
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:49 pm

I haven't had any problem with nausea although now you can add cramping muscles to my list of woes. Sorry if I embellished my posting a bit, as if that's odd for me, but it's not like I've been crunching up mouthfuls of pills and washing it down with Jack from the bottle.

I was supposed to take one every four hours but I've only taken ten in 5 days, so I think I've been pretty responsible with my meds. I killed off a 50 tablet bottle of Ibuprofen, though. Doc says I can take the boot off tomorrow and walk without my crutches if it doesn't hurt too much. I'll save the rest of the hydrocodone for a rainy day.

Now all I need is some bananas.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Not only did I kill 9 beers with my hydrocodone last night, I took a sip of Nyquil before I went to bed and slept about 10 hours. If alcohol and acetaminophen is a bad mix, what in the hell is Nyquil? It's like two tylenol ground up into a shot of Jagermeister with a splash of Robitusson. I've actually heard of people become addicted to Nyquil, though it seems more like they hid some painkillers in a dog turd to see if anyone would be desperate enough to eat it.

In honor of Meade, who's morbidly stupid, I'm going to fry up a pound of bacon tonight and then fry a New York Strip in the bacon grease. Yeah, it's suicidal, but if I die of a heart attack in my sleep, I'll be the only one who never finds out that I died.

You're fine. You're writing even better than you were before trashing your ankle, in fact.

Eat nothing but beef, bacon, and greens for a year and you'll probably lose 100 pounds and save your own life. It's the beer that has made you so fat. Since you seem to be addicted to ethynol, get it straight from vodka, gin, or tequilla. Avoid carbohydrates.

He did. You just didn't recognize him.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:31 am

pjbogart wrote:I haven't had any problem with nausea although now you can add cramping muscles to my list of woes. {snip} I killed off a 50 tablet bottle of Ibuprofen, though.{snip}Now all I need is some bananas.

In my lengthy career of substance sampling, I've had far more side effects trouble--like random cramping--from Ibuprofen than from our various friends in the opiate family. Enough codeine can induce constipation, though, so the bananas thing is a valid strategy in my experience, but I'd suspect that the Ibuprofen had a hand in the cramping.

As to Meade's dietary advice, cutting out everything except meat (including chicken and fish) and veggies has worked for me in the past as far as weight loss and generally righting my gastric ship.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am

scratch wrote:Enough codeine can induce constipation, though, so the bananas thing is a valid strategy in my experience, but I'd suspect that the Ibuprofen had a hand in the cramping.

The bananas are for the leg cramps, silly. And I'm pretty sure that the leg cramps are caused by A) wearing a fracture boot and B) sitting on my fat ass for a week.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 pm

C) not drinking enough... water.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:08 pm

snoqueen wrote:

He did. You just didn't recognize him.

I didn't notice anyone using the British spelling of English words nor any references to Slavic languages or culture, all written in the style of Hunter S. Thompson.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:34 pm

scratch wrote:As to Meade's dietary advice, cutting out everything except meat (including chicken and fish) and veggies has worked for me in the past as far as weight loss and generally righting my gastric ship.

This statement has me scratching my head six ways from Sunday.

But since previous experience has shown discussing diet and nutrition on these pages is like addressing the Flat Fucking Earth Society, I'm going to save myself some grief and just wish you well in your future cardio rehab endeavors.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Mean Scenester wrote:
scratch wrote:As to Meade's dietary advice, cutting out everything except meat (including chicken and fish) and veggies has worked for me in the past as far as weight loss and generally righting my gastric ship.

This statement has me scratching my head six ways from Sunday.
What, you didn't know that grains and fruit were your pathway to obesity?
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Yeah, mark it on your calendar, Meade was actually right about something. I got fat drinking too much beer. The problem with beer is several-fold. First, it's high in calories, especially if you drink eight of them. Second, if you're like most people, you drink beer at night and any calories you consume after 6pm or so are probably going to be converted to fat. Third, after drinking eight beers you probably have a hankerin' for a snack, or more like an extra meal (which Taco Bell actually advertises as hip).
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Catch All