MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, August 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 74.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

What a Dick...

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

What a Dick...

Postby O.J. » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Did anyone catch the Indiana-MSU game last night? Dick Vitale ripped on MSU's Derrick Nix for allegedly elbowing Cody Zeller in the groin.

Okay, let's go to the tape.

Oops, someone owes Mr. Nix an apology.

Just another reason to hate this Indiana team. I never, ever thought I'd say it, but I think I'd rather see Minnesota or Iowa win the conference this year, just anyone but the Hoosiers.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Re: What a Dick...

Postby Meade » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:52 pm

O.J. wrote:Oops, someone owes Mr. Nix an apology.

Yeah -someone like Izzo, who unnecessarily took Nix out of the game after that flagrant foul noncall.

Hoosiers are the best team. Why be such a hater?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Here's another reason to dislike the Hoosiers
http://host.madison.com/sports/college/ ... 963f4.html
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:52 pm

I dunno. Zeller grabs Nix's forearm, no doubt, but it looks to me like the force of the sacktap comes from Nix. Zeller should have worn a cup, it would've bruised Nix's knuckles.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:15 am

It looks to me like Zeller draws Nix' arm into his body, but I admit it's not absolutely conclusive. And, I don't have a beef with Cody, this was the first time I've questioned his actions on the court. I admittedly have a bias against Dick Vitale, he needed to retire 15 years ago. I was probably still cranky from having to listen to he and Magic broadcast a game together -- Holy Jeebus, that was brutal.

To add to fisticuff's post, Tom Crean is the biggest douchebag in the Big Ten. He is a petulant little child when he loses(I love the reaction from Thad Matta). He consistently oversigns, basically making promises he knows he won't keep, all the while pretending to be some great Christian. He's done this since he's been at Marquette, to the extent that his annual ritual of clearing deadweight off his roster has earned it's own term: Housecreaning. The dude is a snake oil salesman, plain and simple.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:16 am

O.J. wrote:To add to fisticuff's post, Tom Crean is the biggest douchebag in the Big Ten. He is a petulant little child when he loses(I love the reaction from Thad Matta). He consistently oversigns, basically making promises he knows he won't keep, all the while pretending to be some great Christian. He's done this since he's been at Marquette, to the extent that his annual ritual of clearing deadweight off his roster has earned it's own term: Housecreaning. The dude is a snake oil salesman, plain and simple.

All true, but it plays well with Hoosier Nation.

And yeah, anybody but Indiana would be fine with me-- even Illinois.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking