MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 57.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Best Manski comment of the day

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Best Manski comment of the day

Postby swimmingupstream » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 am

I saw on Facebook "it takes a special kind of entitlement to treat a school board seat as a back up plan"

The Manski dynamic duo always struck me as two bit white radical poseurs. They proved it today.

Two bad Sarah Manski had to step over a more qualified minority candidate to sate her and Ben's gigantic ego. But that is how they roll.

Of course Madison also slurps it up.
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Re: Best Manski comment of the day

Postby bdog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:31 am

david cohen wrote:...this will now be known as "pulling a Manski."
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:52 pm

swimmingupstream wrote:Of course Madison also slurps it up.

Gotta question your reporting skills there, swimmer. I'm not seeing anyone slurp anything up.

People are pissed and looking for answers.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby talagaster » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:22 pm

I'm gonna let you finish, but bdog had one of the best Manski comments of all time.

bdog wrote:
It's true! I am in. I won't let Scott Walker and the Bradley Foundation shut down public education in Wisconsin.

Just kidding! Have at it boys!
talagaster
Forum Addict

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Manski said she did not drop out of the race because of anything related to the election itself. Rather, she and her husband made a decision to move to California based on multiple factors, including the difficult economy in Madison and a desire to start a family. The couple rent out a condo, which is valued at less than what they owe on it, and live in a rented house, she said.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/educ ... z2Lgl97Ws5

Because it's so much cheaper to live there. Good riddance.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:33 am

Sarah says Marg Passman told her it was ok to run and leave mid-term, because the board would appoint someone good. Passman says she never had such a conversation, and that "it's sad to believe that this kind of person came close to being elected to one of the most important offices in the city." Manski replied Passman must have forgotten the conversation, or determined it was "politically inconvenient" for her to remember.

My goodness.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:16 am

So.... Marj told Sarah it was fine to run even if she might be moving.

And then Marj didn't mention it to anyone else, ever.

And Sarah accepted the fact that it was okay to run for an office you might not be able to keep because they'd "appoint someone good." Because Marj told her.

And then Marj forgot about it, which explains why she never told anybody.

I'm not sure Sarah thought this thing through.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:27 am

Bottom line, the community dodged a bullet.

Unfortunately 2nd place is a blogger / non-leader, according to Sarah (Dis)Grace Manski.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:38 am

Stu Levitan wrote:Sarah says Marg Passman told her it was ok to run and leave mid-term, because the board would appoint someone good. Passman says she never had such a conversation, and that "it's sad to believe that this kind of person came close to being elected to one of the most important offices in the city." Manski replied Passman must have forgotten the conversation, or determined it was "politically inconvenient" for her to remember.

My goodness.

Who do you believe, Stu? Manski or Passman?

And I wonder who else, besides Passman, Sarah Manski sought advice from - who else from that long list of entities who made public endorsements of Sarah Manski's campaign. I'd like to see all the emails and other communications that would cast light on what did endorsers know and when did they know it?
Last edited by Meade on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:44 am

At this point, anyone named Manski has a credibility problem. So, unless Marj has changed her name to Passmanski.....
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 am

david cohen wrote:Bdog, you should really engage both Mertz and Mrilli before using the "unfortunately" premise. I think that both of them were more qualified for a board seat. Manski was just a well connected politician with prior name recognition. At forums, Manski didn't have clue what the other two were discussing.

Best Manski comment of the day, so far.

Key words: "well connected".

Follow the connections.
Last edited by Meade on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SlayerDave » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

david cohen wrote:At this point, anyone named Manski has a credibility problem. So, unless Marj has changed her name to Passmanski.....

Right. I don't have a very high opinion of Passman, but I just don't know how you can believe anything Manski says given her behavior.
SlayerDave
Forum Addict

Postby Meade » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:24 am

SlayerDave wrote:Right. I don't have a very high opinion of Passman, but I just don't know how you can believe anything Manski says given her behavior.

It isn't difficult to believe Sarah Manski. What exactly is it about her "behavior" that impeaches her credibility?

bdog is mistaken. We did not "dodge a bullet". We are still stuck with the Progressive machine politicians and officials who endorsed Sarah Manski who continue to hold political power in Madison, Dane County, and Wisconsin.

We voters could stand to look in the mirror and ask ourselves whether or not we are holding ourselves to a high enough standard of democracy with a small "d".
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:40 am

And cue the troll food dispensers.... now.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:43 am

Meade wrote:
Stu Levitan wrote:Sarah says Marg Passman told her it was ok to run and leave mid-term, because the board would appoint someone good. Passman says she never had such a conversation, and that "it's sad to believe that this kind of person came close to being elected to one of the most important offices in the city." Manski replied Passman must have forgotten the conversation, or determined it was "politically inconvenient" for her to remember.

My goodness.

Who do you believe, Stu? Manski or Passman?

And I wonder who else, besides Passman, Sarah Manski sought advice from - who else from that long list of entities who made public endorsements of Sarah Manski's campaign. I'd like to see all the emails and other communications that would cast light on what did endorsers know and when did they know it?

I don't know who's telling the truth, Lawrence. Sorry. Who do you believe?

As to the other endorsers, I doubt that anyone outside the Manski household knew the full story. I'm quite sure Rep. Berceau did not.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Local Politics & Government