MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, September 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 53.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Best Manski comment of the day

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Best Manski comment of the day

Postby Meade » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:06 am

Average Joe sounds very emotional. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy8FSyI_Djg
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:33 pm

I voted for Ben against Hulsey and I voted for Sarah on Tuesday. I'm pissed because I feel used, so forgive me for feeling like an object that was used to satisfy their egos with no real commitment to our community.

I agree. There's so much the general public does not know about the characters behind these names. We can go to panel discussions and forums and meet the candidates, but what goes on behind the scenes is the tricky part and it's hard to know who to believe because nearly everybody's got an agenda. So we muddle along.

This goes for the national level as well as the local level, but in fairness it's always been this way and the sun continues to rise.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:44 pm

snoqueen wrote:.

This goes for the national level as well as the local level, but in fairness it's always been this way and the sun continues to rise.

I guess. While I believe there is an assumption this goes on at the national and state level, I think there is also an expectation on the local level that we want out representatives on the city council, the county board, and the school board to be connected and committed to the community.
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Westsidegal » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:00 pm

Average Joe wrote:I guess. While I believe there is an assumption this goes on at the national and state level, I think there is also an expectation on the local level that we want out representatives on the city council, the county board, and the school board to be connected and committed to the community.

Then why aren't you supporting Wayne Strong?
Westsidegal

Postby Average Joe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Westsidegal wrote:
Average Joe wrote:I guess. While I believe there is an assumption this goes on at the national and state level, I think there is also an expectation on the local level that we want out representatives on the city council, the county board, and the school board to be connected and committed to the community.

Then why aren't you supporting Wayne Strong?

I have not stated who I am supporting in the other races.
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how Sarah Manski could have possibly dealt with the general election scrutiny had she stayed in the race. When the time to put up or shut up came, she fled!
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Local Politics & Government