MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 25.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Guest Workers

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Guest Workers

Postby jman111 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:20 am

Bludgeon wrote: ...because the planet has been ideologically healed by this Hannibal Lecter of a messiah the Democrats like to call president. Dude's not here to help; dude's here for revenge.

Ahhh, okay. This puts the rest of the argument in context.
Fuckin' Kenyan...
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:35 am

Bludgeon wrote:The white working class is already suffering - a lot. They are already trying to feed their families on jobs that pay less than a third of the ones they got laid off from. Manufacturing jobs have shut down there's little left for them but paltry service jobs. They get paid less and their money is worth less.

This is not the fault of liberals or brown people or government policy. The blame here lies squarely and completely on the record profit-enjoying job creators. No one else.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:47 am

Bludgeon wrote: I'm sure they will love to sit down with a bunch of dicks who work at cushy university jobs and sing kum ba yah

When you make dumb ass comments like this, why should anyone engage you.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 am

Huckleby wrote:
Conservatives and liberals live in different worlds with different sets of "facts."
Those of us in the reality-based community don't discuss "facts", we discuss actual facts. Nothing in the lines I quoted were in any way based on real facts. It was the dumbest thing Bludgeon ever said. Up until he compared the President to a fictitious cannibal.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:54 am

wack wack wrote:The blame here lies squarely and completely on the record profit-enjoying job creators. No one else.

While the vast majority of the blame lies with those at the top, it ain't all their fault. If workers really got tired of the bullshit then they'd not only unionize their workplace but also stop voting for politicians that work against the workers.
penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:11 pm

kurt_w wrote:
Huckleby wrote:The exception would be in academic hiring in engineering field, Professorships are so rare, diversity so poor, that white males really are at an extreme disadvantage.

And yet, despite that "extreme disadvantage", I see white males being hired all the time for faculty positions in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, math).

My personal experience was in electrical engineering tenure track positions. There was a period when essentially only women were getting academic jobs.

I worked in a research lab for many years, saw a stream of PhD grads passing through. I remember in particular this incredible Chinese guy who suffered through the Cultural Revolution as a young man. He went to college late in life and got a PhD in his 40's. He was incredibly brilliant, and as charming as he was smart. He was both a great teacher and researcher. I guess asians aren't in the affirmative action bus. There were so few women in EE that men were not competitive for the few job openings at that time. The guy ended up at Bell Labs, not a bad plan b.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:21 pm

On a related note, Texas Governor Rick Perry blames the shooting of district attorneys on illegal immigration.

Does that mean white supremacists took out their anger with brown people by killing government prosecutors?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The One » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Can there be any other reason someone would be against illegal immigration/undocumented immigrants/guest workers other then being racist?
The One

Postby Huckleby » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:49 pm

The One wrote:Can there be any other reason someone would be against illegal immigration/undocumented immigrants/guest workers other then being racist?

Sure. But one thing is now abundantly clear: the people who are against illegal immigration are against immigration, period.

The people who oppose illegal immigration are working just as passionately to limit legal immigration. The "I just want them to follow the law" argument was and always will be phony.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Huckleby wrote:
The One wrote:Can there be any other reason someone would be against illegal immigration/undocumented immigrants/guest workers other then being racist?

Sure. But one thing is now abundantly clear: the people who are against illegal immigration are against immigration, period.

The people who oppose illegal immigration are working just as passionately to limit legal immigration. The "I just want them to follow the law" argument was and always will be phony.

Is there any group in country as close minded as the new American leftist? I think not.

I didn't realize in 2013, what a tumultuous chorus your echo chamber had become.

To you consensus:

1. Institutionalized racism is systemic in the United States.
2. It's the main cause of all our societal woes.
3. It's getting worse.

Reality:

1. Institutionalized racism is NOT systemic in the United States.
2. It's NOT the main cause of all our societal woes.
3. What little there is left is getting better, NOT worse, as it applies to minorities.

I think there is no group active in politics today so obsessed with skin color, as the modern American leftist as a part of this Democratic party. Progressives, like no other group in the country, are preoccupied with skin color to a point beyond all reason.

And why not? If you're a white liberal progressive in your urban ivory tower, seething day-long about perceived racial injustice, you get to pat yourself on the back as Larry David says, for being one of the "good ones". But, as Jim Webb pointed out, you're all just whipping up the pot and harming racial harmony, demanding legislation with economic goodies to dole out to the masses who are happy to accept them on the premise that you're stupid enough to believe the color of their skin and not their own decisions, is to blame for their lot in life. If you step back a thousand feet you would see this.

That's what's getting worse and not better. All these progs all around the country in their ivory citadels - all their effort, all their days, serves no other purpose so much as it serves the purpose of whipping up antipathy and cultural resentment.

What happens to the civil rights movement when it's over, but one political faction has a vested interest in it's continuance? This crusade has fulfilled and outlived its natural purpose. Progs keep it on life support far beyond its use to anybody, and drag out its mummified corpse to freak out the soccer moms at the grocery store. To incite acrimony among neighbours who could otherwise get along.

The less racism you see , the harder you have to look, the more you have to make out of the slightest perceived prejudice, until what you see in your minds is even worse than the reality of the horrors gone by. If there is no prejudice there you have trained yourselves to read into and create it, to draw prejudicial inference out of thin air if need be - it's like oxygen, for liberals. But when the clamour progressives dedicate themselves to raising reaches a fever pitch and boils over, they'll largely be positioned in a safe place, and they won't take any blame.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Bludgeon wrote:
Is there any group in country as close minded as the new American leftist? I think not.

I didn't realize in 2013, what a tumultuous chorus your echo chamber had become.

Now you've gone and hurt my feelings.

I'm in no frame of mind to read your long post now. Maybe later.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Bludgeon wrote: If you're a white liberal progressive in your urban ivory tower, seething day-long about perceived racial injustice, you get to pat yourself on the back as Larry David says, for being one of the "good ones". But, as Jim Webb pointed out, you're all just whipping up the pot and harming racial harmony blah blah blah

I did not go down the racial injustice path, but I can see why you see it implied.

I don't know exactly what motivates the anti-immigrant people. It doesn't appear to racial, exactly, but certainly cultural. They really resent that people come here not speaking english, for example.

Guess what - waves of immigrants have always clung to their native language in the first generation.

I'll say this much: whatever reasons the anti-immigrant types have for resenting the new immigrants are no different than in past centuries. The arguments are the same - "they are lazy people", "they are taking our jobs" - the pattern is identical.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:39 pm

True, we have finally cut through the bullshit to such an extent that one could say we could fairly discuss the matter now (and it's ripe to be dissected), but considering the audience it's sadly/likely more productive to take this quote, wave it around for the mob to see, and give them a chance to get used to the idea:

Huckleby wrote:I don't know exactly what motivates the anti-immigrant people. It doesn't appear to [be] racial, exactly.

That's a good starting point. Because there are some very real, very plain, very valid and very justified reasons for any number of reasonable people to object to a blind-eyed, careless amnesty program when a sober, thoughtful approach is called for.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Bludgeon wrote:but one political faction has a vested interest in it's continuance?

When I stop reading news articles like this:

Black and white students at Wilcox County High School in south Georgia aren't allowed to go to the same prom. Instead, students and parents sponsor segregated proms — yep, in 2013

http://jezebel.com/5993590/georgia-teen ... socialflow

Then I'll believe racism doesn't exist.

And I then suggest you read this:

http://redroom.com/member/tim-wise/blog ... -by-a-us-s

Ha, we're back to the bullshit. Your welcome.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:47 pm

No wonder you're still a seething, mouth-foaming liberal: you're a fucking idiot. Follow your link look to verify the results, Wilcox County (and I never heard of them until I investigated your story ten minutes ago), does not host school proms; the "proms" are private parties that may or may not have been hosted by the students families, and may or may not have had any degree of segregation. Let's see one shred of evidence - a roll call - to suggest that ANY of the private parties that the media calls "proms" were segregated. But you believe ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of it - hook line and sinker. It's all insinuation; you fucking moron. Do you get paid, for a living? Are you by chance a janitor? Your critical thinking skills would seem to suggest that this might be the case.

Look at every insinuation, the wording of every "quote", the inference of every statement and ask yourself, at this late stage in your adult life, if a single bit of it is verifiable.

The truth is you have no idea what kind of "proms" the students families have or have not been hosting, for any period of time. No one who follows this nonsense story will ever have any idea; and the minute fact checkers start poking holes the size of cannonballs through the story, you can almost see the TV screen shut down in your mind. So the moment right before any rational observer would realize the entire account is flawed and questionable, that's when your mind goes "blip!" Thusly many a liberal is able to go on believing something completely, but never has to endure the experience of putting that belief to question. A thing might never be true, but said prog will never have to realize it, because stories like this are dragged far, far, far from your attention by the time they're rebutted. So next year, you can still believe it's true.

There is no prom. But progressive propagandists will never stop showing you BS like this; so you'll never have to worry about "not seeing stories like it." The people talking about 'dog whistles' never seem to hear anything but dog whistles, ironically. Gods forbid they ever take a good look in the mirror.
Last edited by Bludgeon on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government