MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 59.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Laurence Meade thinks Jeremy Ryan sightings are news

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Laurence Meade thinks Jeremy Ryan sightings are news

Postby pjbogart » Wed May 08, 2013 11:23 pm

I think Laurence Meade makes the rest of us look really smart.

Discuss.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Laurence Meade thinks Jeremy Ryan sightings are news

Postby bdog » Thu May 09, 2013 4:04 am

Segway Jeremy sighting 5/7/13, 0 replies

Just when I thought the Meade haters were smartening up, Peej comes through with flying colors.

Rent free Peej. Rent free.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 am

dog, the guy lives to crap in threads and enjoys it when other people complain about the stink. And you're helping him.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu May 09, 2013 2:34 pm

by pjbogart » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:58 pm

If Jeremy Ryan is indeed on his deathbed, and my understanding is that he's always been disabled, your accusations that he's faking his illness could wind up being actionable because he could assert that your false claims impeded his ability to collect donations to pay for his medical treatment.

If Jeremy Ryan was able to establish standing and damages, this thread would likely be evidence against you and your behavior would make you a very unsympathetic person to both a judge and a jury.

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), May 09, 2013, ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, tells Benghazi witnesses that "death is a part of life."

CUMMINGS: And, as I listen to your testimony I could not help but think of something that I said very recently -- two years ago now -- in a eulogy for a relative. I said that death is a part of life, so often we have to find a way to make life a part of death. And, I guess the reason why I'm saying that, going back to something Mr. Nordstrom said, he wanted, I guess all of you said this, he wanted to make sure we learn from this.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Thu May 09, 2013 6:27 pm

rabble wrote:dog, the guy lives to crap in threads and enjoys it when other people complain about the stink. And you're helping him.

Are you talking about pj or Meade?

Or both?
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu May 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Pee Yoo! What is that stink?

Oh, hello, rabble.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Fri May 10, 2013 8:00 am

bdog wrote:
rabble wrote:dog, the guy lives to crap in threads and enjoys it when other people complain about the stink. And you're helping him.

Are you talking about pj or Meade?
Or both?

The thing is, dogBoy, it's well beyond the Meade "haters" you cite. I don't think there are many forons left who are neutral toward Larry, just right-leaning roilers who defend him because they like the reactions he gets and folks somewhere on the "ban him ... ignore him continuum." It serves your purpose to have semi-plausible shit to throw at those who attempt to engage him, and fulfills his main--and only--aim of getting noticed. If this forum were more right-leaning than left-leaning, old Look-At-Me-Larry would be posting mirror image shit compared to what he currently posts because he's selling himself as a brave, even plucky, truth teller who the majority loves to hate. POV and content mean nothing to him, just clicks matter, and whatever brings clicks is valuable to him. It enhances his image in the blogosphere and allows him to see himself as other than a weak appendage to his much more famous roomy when he can portray himself as being set upon by evil lefties, many of whom just want him to go away. This in turn makes their partnership seem less like Big Momma and Little Larry. I think it's important for his self-image, and you, just as much as those who argue with him, are just an enabler. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 am

scratch wrote:The thing is, dogBoy, it's well beyond the Meade "haters" you cite. I don't think there are many forons left who are neutral toward Larry, just right-leaning roilers who defend him because they like the reactions he gets and folks somewhere on the "ban him ... ignore him continuum." It serves your purpose to have semi-plausible shit to throw at those who attempt to engage him, and fulfills his main--and only--aim of getting noticed. If this forum were more right-leaning than left-leaning, old Look-At-Me-Larry would be posting mirror image shit compared to what he currently posts because he's selling himself as a brave, even plucky, truth teller who the majority loves to hate. POV and content mean nothing to him, just clicks matter, and whatever brings clicks is valuable to him. It enhances his image in the blogosphere and allows him to see himself as other than a weak appendage to his much more famous roomy when he can portray himself as being set upon by evil lefties, many of whom just want him to go away. This in turn makes their partnership seem less like Big Momma and Little Larry. I think it's important for his self-image, and you, just as much as those who argue with him, are just an enabler. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Barely subtle unabashed Jew-hate.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Wed May 15, 2013 8:43 am

Marvell wrote:Barely subtle unabashed Jew-hate.

Crap. I was going for anti-Anglo Presbyterian.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed May 15, 2013 10:54 am

The only thing that might be "news" is the first three complete words of the thread title.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Local Politics & Government