MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, July 13, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Where are the jobs you promised, Walker?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Where are the jobs you promised, Walker?

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:38 am

When job numbers aren't good, the governor's office says the report is flawed. But when the same reporting agency says the numbers are good, then the Walker administration brags about it.

Shawn Johnson of Wisconsin Public Radio News reports: "Preliminary monthly estimates show the state of Wisconsin added nearly 14,000 private-sector jobs in the month of June. The 13,800 private-sector job estimate comes from a preliminary monthly survey of employers, one that's been repeatedly downplayed by the Walker Administration. Two months ago, Department of Workforce Development Secretary Reggie Newson called the same survey 'volatile' and 'unreliable' when it showed job losses of more than 20,000 in April. But this month, Newson highlighted the private-sector job gains in the monthly June report as the best since 2003. Newson said June's overall job gains of 17,500 between the public and private sectors were the best since 1992."
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 am

What about you Henry? Is this now evidence that Walker's policies are working?

I think you are as two faced about this as Walker. You are like 2 peas in a pod.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:51 am

So calling out hypocrisy makes one a hypocrite? Sometimes reading these feels like living on Mars or something.
peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:53 am

Nothing two faced about my posts or my predictions. Wisconsin still lags far behind our neighboring states in job growth. Walker promised a quarter million new private sector jobs. He still has a very, very long way to go.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:16 am

Yet you've railed against the bad job numbers. Now with good numbers you do a tap dance and bitch about something completely different.

Hypocrite.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 am

The "tap dance" was in the article I quoted. Don't blame the messenger. So instead of criticizing me, take it up with madison.com. By the way, where do you stand on Walker's promise and the results so far? Care to speak to the issue at hand?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:30 am

bdog wrote:Yet you've railed against the bad job numbers. Now with good numbers you do a tap dance and bitch about something completely different.

Hypocrite.

Come on bdog. Normally you think about your response. Please don't tell me you need reading comprehension classes also.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:38 am

bdog wrote:Yet you've railed against the bad job numbers. Now with good numbers you do a tap dance and bitch about something completely different.

Hypocrite.

Um, no.

Its pretty clear the article (or at least the section quoted by HV) is not about the numbers per se. Its about the way the Walker administration treats those numbers. When bad, it dismisses them out of hand. When good, it uses them to justify its policies.

Hypocritical? or just standard Republican bullshit?

Its also clear that HV was not taking a position on the current numbers, or on this source in particular.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:53 am

Henry Vilas wrote:The "tap dance" was in the article I quoted. Don't blame the messenger. So instead of criticizing me, take it up with madison.com. By the way, where do you stand on Walker's promise and the results so far? Care to speak to the issue at hand?

You've never had a problem touting the bad numbers, why oh why do you not do the same with these numbers?

I've said before I thought it was a stupid promise.

What do you think of these most recent numbers Henry? I think you only believe the bad numbers.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:56 am

DCB wrote:When good, it uses them to justify its policies.

Hypocritical? or just standard Republican bullshit?

Agreed. I just think it's funny that Henry does the same thing in reverse. And then points his finger at the other guy.

As Henry is fond of saying, "Look in the mirror boy"
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:57 am

Henry Vilas wrote:By the way, where do you stand on Walker's promise and the results so far? Care to speak to the issue at hand?

Bump
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:01 am

bdog wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:The "tap dance" was in the article I quoted. Don't blame the messenger. So instead of criticizing me, take it up with madison.com. By the way, where do you stand on Walker's promise and the results so far? Care to speak to the issue at hand?

You've never had a problem touting the bad numbers, why oh why do you not do the same with these numbers?

I've said before I thought it was a stupid promise.

What do you think of these most recent numbers Henry? I think you only believe the bad numbers.

Henry just quoted an article that showed how many jobs were created in June, a positive amount that if he truly were "evil" he wouldn't have posted because they show progress towards the goal. He didn't state if he believed the numbers or not just that the Walker administration either uses the number or doesn't depending on if the report is "good" or "bad".

Personally I hope Walker hits his number because it is good for the state.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 am

I think it was two years ago when we had a spike like this also and Walker was pumping up his agenda. It turned out a lot of those jobs were WI Dells hires for the summer, if I remember correctly, and reversed themselves in September when the season was over.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:08 am

HawkHead wrote:He didn't state if he believed the numbers or not just that the Walker administration either uses the number or doesn't depending on if the report is "good" or "bad".

Personally I hope Walker hits his number because it is good for the state.

Knowing Henry he will never state anything about these numbers.

Now that 2nd statement shows you are a good person. It doesn't mean you agree with Walker, but you don't want to see the whole State go down the shitter just to prove you're right.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:13 am

bdog, why are you avoiding the actual discussion? Where are those jobs that Walker promised? Do you think his policies help or hurt job numbers? He turned down federal money to create jobs and his policies towards public service workers had a trickle down effect that hurt private sector job growth.

Agree or disagree, but speak to the issue at hand. This topic is not about me, no matter how you try to spin it. You are just avoiding discussing the real issue.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government