MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 58.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

RNC Clinton film kerfluffle

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

RNC Clinton film kerfluffle

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:29 pm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... t=My+Yahoo

So they are threatening to take their ball and go home over two films they have yet to see. I say let 'em. No better way to reach more voters than by confining yourself to your bubble. Isn't Fox's entire programming schedule essentially one long republican campaign ad? It's not the hypocrisy that surprises me it's the idiocy that they don't see this is going to take their candidates away from potential voters. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: RNC Clinton film kerfluffle

Postby rabble » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Nevertheless, I feel there is still a fifty fifty chance that one or both of those networks will come up with a reason why they had to scrap the film, which will have nothing at all to do with republicans in any way.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Love to see a documentary about the true story of the Clintons: the lying, cheating, rapes, boozing, drugs, money laundering...
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:19 pm

I thought Fox had already done that one. Complete with human trafficking, satanic rituals, sharia law, and collaboration with the evil alien empire.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:38 pm

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:48 pm

rabble wrote:I thought Fox had already done that one. Complete with human trafficking, satanic rituals, sharia law, and collaboration with the evil alien empire.

Is that the one that gave us the "Citizen's United" decision that has further corrupted elections?
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:41 pm

rabble wrote:Nevertheless, I feel there is still a fifty fifty chance that one or both of those networks will come up with a reason why they had to scrap the film, which will have nothing at all to do with republicans in any way.

Damn. I should have said one or all three. I hadn't noticed yet that Fox was going to be involved in one of them.

But Fox has opted out of its agreement with NBC to co-produce the Clinton miniseries.

And it had nothing at all to do with Republicans. The money just wasn't good enough.

I wonder. If one or both of these projects get done, would they change the name from the Streisand effect to the Clinton effect?

Nah.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:09 pm

This is what a party that is about to self-destruct does. The movie is a handy excuse. What they really want is to hide the clown show their party has become. Striking out like this may fool the people who want to be fooled, but it just brings attention to the not ready for prime time players they will have lined up to debate.

The debates will occur on NBC, however. They will play on Saturday Night Live, and they will be devastating.
Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:55 am

Donald wrote:What they really want is to hide the clown show their party has become.

Maybe, or maybe they just want to put them in a friendlier environment. I heard this on both Rush and Randi yesterday and when I looked it up this morning, there are at least a dozen stories concerning the possibility that the GOP will turn to right-wing radio personalities to moderate their primary debates. Limbaugh says he's too famous to be a moderator and that might be true. With Rush Limbaugh at the moderator table, the debates might look more like a job interview.

I think I'd welcome the move because it would virtually guarantee that the candidates act like complete lunatics during the primary, providing a plethora of sound and video clips that could be used against them in the general election. Of course, to the typical Republican primary voter, lunacy is part of the job description. In fact, the only group that will likely think this is a bad idea is establishment Republicans, a cowed and dwindling group of "RINO's" that includes the only people actually capable of winning a national election.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Donald wrote:The debates will occur on NBC, however. They will play on Saturday Night Live, and they will be devastating.

That is so true. And it is also probably the only reason to look forward to the next presidential election season. Oh, the fun SNL, The Daily Show and Colbert Report will have!
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:52 pm

gargantua wrote:
Donald wrote:The debates will occur on NBC, however. They will play on Saturday Night Live, and they will be devastating.

That is so true. And it is also probably the only reason to look forward to the next presidential election season. Oh, the fun SNL, The Daily Show and Colbert Report will have!

Dream on, you've already lost the rodeo clowns.
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Talon Newsman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:Dream on, you've already lost the rodeo clowns.

As reluctant as I am to criticize a fellow conservative, I must point out the rodeo clowns were not the Dems' to lose.

We Republicans have been embraced by clowns of all persuasions for decades. They are, in fact, our core constituency.

So try not to give the Dems so much credit in the future, m'kay?
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict

Postby pjbogart » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:52 am

Well, the RNC went ahead and voted to ban NBC and CNN from hosting debates, which I find delightful. Not only does it make them look like spoiled children, but it further withdraws them from the public eye. I don't see how Republicans, most of whom admit that they need to reach out to minorities and youth voters, benefit by withdrawing from two prominent news outlets, regardless of how biased they imagine them to be.

Then again, it's not like Democrats are hosting their debates on FoxNews, so if Republicans really believe that CNN and NBC are liberal cesspools, perhaps it doesn't hurt them.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Return to National Politics & Government