MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
sweet corn sign
Saturday, August 2, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

The "Takers"

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

The "Takers"

Postby Cameron Connors » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:57 am

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/w ... f887a.html

It's interesting to me that this narrative has changed from the "Chicago is sending their homeless folks to Madison using Greyhound/Megabus" rumor to an intrastate issue blaming other WI towns.

I recall an anecdote i heard at the State Journal as an intern about Madison police responding to a "Man with Gun" call. When the unis got there, the man dropped the gun on command and continued to walk as if nothing had happened. When the officers arrested the man, he asked "Why are you arresting me? I dropped the gun?"
Upon arrest, it was learned that he was previously a resident of a Chicago neighborhood so bad that the neighborhood police had a standing agreement (obviously on not an officially endorsed one) to let you go if you just gave up your gun on command.

Maybe the myth has changed by now and the cops use a Manitowoc resident when talking to reporters.
Cameron Connors

Re: The "Takers"

Postby baked goods » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:15 am

Do the same thing Chicago did in the 90s; level parts of the south side and tell the 0 social skills and 0 economic skills people living there that the grass is greener in South Dakota.

Also, its time to start charging a price for welfare. In order for a woman to obtain welfare benefits she must obtain a freely provided tubal ligation. We'll help you as long as you help the world. As soon as you fix your own problems we'll reverse the procedure.

I like Soglin more and more. Cieslewicz wouldn't have had the balls to state these truths. He was too busy dreaming and typing up memo-poems about his dreams.
baked goods

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 pm

baked goods wrote:Do the same thing Chicago did in the 90s; level parts of the south side and tell the 0 social skills and 0 economic skills people living there that the grass is greener in South Dakota.

Also, its time to start charging a price for welfare. In order for a woman to obtain welfare benefits she must obtain a freely provided tubal ligation. We'll help you as long as you help the world. As soon as you fix your own problems we'll reverse the procedure.

Walter Sobchak wrote:Shut the fuck up, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby baked goods » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:59 pm

baked goods

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:19 pm

Now I get it. It's because of the blacks. Thanks for painting your own picture.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:44 am

It is always a little weird to see people who have virtually nothing called 'takers' when it is pretty obvious that the real takers are those who have a lot- the rich. I guess it is hard for a lot of people to get past the propaganda 'they'-the rich- pay for- that they somehow earned what they have- yeah, sure- mostly someone else earned it and they took it.
peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:43 am

I blame the twerking fad.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:51 am

I thought this was going to be a review of a new Michael Moore movie tearing down corporate subsidies.

Good to see the right isn't letting up on those who are down. I don't need anything rattling my Friday.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby baked goods » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:08 am

Wack Job sure spends a lot of time helping people from behind her laptop.

E-mail is the new "doing something about" on the left. I like going to Con Profit meetings too. It helps me feel like I'm "doing something about" while not actually having to do anything. Great ego massage, and the state pays me to do it. Win for me!

I'm off to rock for hunger relief. Free beer.
baked goods

Postby gargantua » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:13 am

baked goods wrote:I'm off to rock for hunger relief. Free beer.

Irony alert!
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:29 am

The baked one has no idea how ironic its post was.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines