Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Russian "Zombie" Heroin

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Russian "Zombie" Heroin

Postby Cameron Connors » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:15 am

Just ick. Ick. Ick. Ick.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/09 ... s-not-joke

Watch every local municipality in 'merica drop everything and enact legislation against this stuff in like a week due to a handful of cases and the inevitable national panic coverage. Because of the children.

By the way, since when does the DEA sound so reasonable?: "You don't want a federal agency going around making things illegal willy-nilly…We'd have to see more than two cases before we control it."
Cameron Connors

Re: Russian "Zombie" Heroin

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:23 am

I am totally baffled at the point you're trying to make here.

What is it with these cryptic post some people have? Do you have conversations like that in the real world?
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cameron Connors » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:29 am

It's just seems to be a common theme for smaller branches of government to drop everything to ban something that's not a real problem, and can't be controlled anyway. See: salvia, synthetic pot, sex toys, etc. While a host of other huge problems wait in the wings.

I seriously doubt krokodil or whatever it is will ever be the drug du jour of our dear youth, and as soon as it gets on the national news circuit, you'll see reports on local legislation within a week.
Cameron Connors

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:34 am

People probably said the same thing about meth. I wouldn't use salvia or sex toys as a comparison to this.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:48 am

Also, it has increased 23 fold in Russia according to the Time article linked to in your article. This is one fucked up drug and could easily spread here.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cameron Connors » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:59 am

Not necessarily the actual substance, just the reaction to it, a la bath salts. This stuff manages to kill people off in a matter of a few years, and for that reason, I think, won't be a very appealing option in the US where we have plenty of other fine illicit drug options.

From all the docs and reports on meth use I've seen & read, it's surprising how long some folks can "live normally" while dealing with meth or cocaine/crack addiction. I think a key part of the speed of increase in Russia is the demographic it's spreading in.
An impoverished, disaffected youth can't see two years ahead or is fatalistic enough not to care, while a common story among adult meth/crack users here in the US is thinking "they" can "manage" these things where other folks have failed.

Plus, meth is totally hip now. Thanks, Malcom in the Middle!

Until Skrillex and Miley Cyrus team up for a twerk-heavy remake of 'Crocodile Rock,' krokodil will likely descend into hop head obscurity, but only after legislators overreact and waste their time on it.
Time that could be spent finding ways in their respective towns/states to do all sorts of benevolent things, and they'll do it with a speed and drive unknown to gun control, poverty reduction, or limiting nonrenewable energy, because this is sexier/easier.
Cameron Connors

Postby penquin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:45 am

People probably said the same thing about meth. I wouldn't use salvia or sex toys as a comparison to this.

A ban is a ban is a ban.
penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:59 am

Of all threads, THIS one doesn't have a gozer comment yet?
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:49 pm

"zombie [sic] heroin", namely krokodil . . . desomorphine, a medicinal narcotic analgesic used in many other countries under the name permonid but in these cases made from codeine via a homebake version of the the alpha-chlorocodide process patented in germany in 1936, two years after it was invented in the united states but never introduced into clinical medicine:

it is indeed a controlled substance, contrary to what the mother jones article says; it was never introduced in the united states and is therefore a schedule i controlled substance like nicomorphine. desomorphine and all of its salts has been assigned the dea ascsn of 9055. long ago.

this began in siberia some years ago and spread west; itar-tass and the german medical journals have reported on this including samples being found in poland and germany of late. the process usually leaves hydroiodic acid and other unreacted chemicals in the mix; the result is lots of amputations and nasty infections, including those giving the skin a scaly appearance, hence the name.

i had a script for permonid in switzerland years ago and it was da bomb. of course, it was the real stuff made at the factory . . .

the thing is, i am not sure where the dea would aim their initiative, although i know they and the out-of-control fda and their civilian quisling rooters-on sure would like to. ban matches? tincture of iodine? if u have purified codeine and u want to change it into something stronger, it is easier and safer to turn it into m, which can be turned into h very easily.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:18 pm

mother jones sez:

"Carreno of the DEA says that krokodil isn't a controlled substance yet because the agency has to have more evidence that it's a public health problem. "You don't want a federal agency going around making things illegal willy-nilly…"

am i hallucinating?
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:35 pm

gozer wrote:mother jones sez:

"Carreno of the DEA says that krokodil isn't a controlled substance yet because the agency has to have more evidence that it's a public health problem. "You don't want a federal agency going around making things illegal willy-nilly…"

am i hallucinating?

No, he just didn't finish the sentence. "you don't want a federal agency going around making things illegal willy-nilly if it's not going to put money in the right pockets."
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:06 am

gozer wrote:am i hallucinating?

When are you ever not?

8)
penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:12 pm

penquin wrote:
gozer wrote:am i hallucinating?

When are you ever not?

8)

miss emma and op and the big d don't make one hallucinate, son. heh heh heh

some of that synthetic stuff, though . . .

i really dig piritramide and dextromoramide, but i've seem methadone make guys grow tits; when they gave me fentanyl it was like dr doolittle in a more or less bad way, and once when i was on ts and blues, the presenter on zdf came out of the television and gave me a bj. good times, heh heh heh . . . i was going to try it when i was watching coverage of the last election for president of argentina, but the pentazocine (ts) would make me a sick as a dogg . . . pethidine is poison . . . \\

don't get on my back argentina/u know i know its all kappa and nmda/but i'd like to do it/in three dimensions/just like that one time/i'll make three promises:
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:14 am

i wanna tell u about i d p f and the big d
it comes out of a big brown phial
fast and clear and hard to wait for

some call it heavenly in its effects
others say it reminds them of the western dream
i love everybody gathered here and all around
i have constructed long posts in honour of my getting loaded
this is the board where vituperation died

the regulars on the board, all across the spectrum
i am saying: forget the fight
come post with me in euphoria and empathy
here on the current affairs sub-board there are no "trolls"
out here we is self-assured, tolerant

now listen to this i'll tell u bout the backache
tell u bout the leg pain and how it disappears
tell u bout the brand new fight
the trollophobes
the western dream
tell u bout the syringe driver with a wrought iron plunger

i'll tell u this
no reward awaits those who are gonna bitch & moan

(bridge)

now listen to this i'll tell u bout isthmus
i'll tell u bout the i d p f
i'll tell u bout the zombi drugs, election day, the b z ö
tell u bout the posters with the heart of op!
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby john_titor » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:09 pm

I had a theory about people that change the lyrics to existing songs. Prior to the Internet, I usually saw them sing these songs at weddings or corporate events. I then saw the pattern, re-writing and sometimes performing new lyrics live to an existing song is purely the domain of men aged 51 and above. The population tends to skew white as well.

Meade did this and proves the rule. I hold the the The Traveler dear to my heart and treasure every post, but would be thoroughly entertained if Meade was in reality gozer without a source.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Catch All