MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Walker wins award

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Walker wins award

Postby Shorty » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:39 pm

...as the “Worst Governor in America.” Congratulations Scotty!

A Nonpartisan Ethics Organization Just Named the Worst Governor in America. The Contest Wasn’t Even Close.
http://blog.workingamerica.org/2013/07/ ... ven-close/

"The nonpartisan Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) has declared Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker the “Worst Governor in America.” Even though he had fierce competition from fellow Republicans Tom Corbett and Susana Martinez, this is a choice CREW had no trouble making:

In the past he’s employed illegal tactics and abused his power to round up votes, but Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) didn’t have to break a sweat to win this contest. For racking up a record that has veered from unethical conduct to staggering incompetence, CREW’s voters awarded Gov. Walker the title of Worst Governor in America."
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Walker wins award

Postby Lily » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:27 pm

The more Walker pushes his run for the White House, releasing his particularly distorted version of Wisconsin history in his book, the more the National Media will be focusing on him. I say shine a very bright hot light on this guy. He was a virtual Teflon-Don with the first John Doe investigation. Six of his closest employees were indicted but he managed to let them take the fall (with the aid of a very expensive team of lawyers). Now there's a second John Doe investigation regarding activities during the recall elections. I say, keep the camera's on this guy and give him the microphone. His ego can't resist.
Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Walker should get an award for Worst Christmas Present:
Instead of electronics or toys that will undoubtedly be outdated, broken, or lost by the next Holiday Season, help give your children the gift of a Wisconsin that we can all be proud of.

Give the gift of Economic Prosperity (for the Walker campaign).

And when they start flooding the airwaves with attack ads, you can tell your kids to feel proud!
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:31 pm

[quote="Shorty"]...as the “Worst Governor in America.” Congratulations Scotty!

In the past he’s employed illegal tactics and abused his power to round up votes/quote]

I dislike Walker intensely but I have to ask: What specifically were these illegal tactics and what court decisions that have withstood appellate review have supported this claim?
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:43 pm

Scotty on Face the Nation was a hoot, if you like listening to fabrication. He couldn't seem to answer a question that wasn't a plug for his wretched re-write of history. Obviously he's intent on using his book to fool the nation into believing he's the Second Coming of Our Savior. The arrogance was just popping off the screen, and his humble little boy act couldn't hide it.
Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:00 pm

gargantua wrote:I dislike Walker intensely but I have to ask: What specifically were these illegal tactics and what court decisions that have withstood appellate review have supported this claim?

They were just slinging mud I guess.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Local Politics & Government