MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Infinite Vapor. Vape Shop in the Atwood Neighborhood

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Infinite Vapor. Vape Shop in the Atwood Neighborhood

Postby Endo Rockstar » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:09 pm

**edit -- I just realized this has way too much ecig jargon in it, so feel free to ignore most of it. This a good place for people who are looking to get into vaping to get set up. Lots of very beginner and intermediate stuff for people just starting out as well as some advanced stuff to keep grumpy older vapers happy.

_____________origninal post_____________

Infinite Vapor opened up shop in the Atwood neighborhood near the Barrymore Theatre. I wasn't able to hit up the grand opening on Friday, but stopped in yesterday. I'm unbelievably pumped to have a shop in town and its really decent. They carry most major brands, a lot of decent clone mods and rebuildables. They also carry their own branded juice that is pretty good as well.

Prices are about what you'd expect from a B&M, certainly not overpriced for a retail environment. The juice is a little on the pricey side and only comes in 15ml glass bottles. I DIY my juice, so I guess I don't mind much, but since we're here in Madison it might be cool if they'd also carry something like Johnson Creek Smoke juice that is located so close to Town.

They are a little clearomizer heavy in general. If you don't want a rebuildable you're pretty limited to basic clearos and Kanger protanks. I use cartos -- and I was a little disappointed that they didn't carry them, but they seemed open to the possibility since they work with companies that have them. I'd love to have a shop to pick up a pack or two if I'm getting low between vape mail.

The shop was busy as hell on Saturday, even with the snow coming down. Lot's of people getting set up for the first time. The staff seems busy and frazzled but they were all extremely nice, patient, and spent a great deal of time with each customer. Good customer service all the way around.

I don't know if they'll see this, but I wish them the best -- and its awesome to have them in the Atwood neighborhood. Its a perfect location for a Vape Shop.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Infinite Vapor. Vape Shop in the Atwood Neighborhood

Postby rabble » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Okay so this is vaping in the ecig context only? They aren't about vaporizing anything else?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:26 pm

rabble wrote:Okay so this is vaping in the ecig context only? They aren't about vaporizing anything else?

Correct -- in fact, I overheard one the partners giving a younger customer a stern "tsk tsk" and explaining that they were not a head shop and never would be.

Infinite Vapor is a small chain based out of Minnesota.

Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:36 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:
rabble wrote:Okay so this is vaping in the ecig context only? They aren't about vaporizing anything else?

Correct -- in fact, I overheard one the partners giving a younger customer a stern "tsk tsk" and explaining that they were not a head shop and never would be.

Well then they're coopting the words "vape" and "vaping" and if they don't want to be taken for a head shop they shouldn't be using them, and they should be a lot more plain about what they are.

Ecigs isn't what I think of when I see the words "vape shop."
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:47 pm

rabble wrote:
Endo Rockstar wrote:

Well then they're coopting the words "vape" and "vaping" and if they don't want to be taken for a head shop they shouldn't be using them, and they should be a lot more plain about what they are.

I understand your point, but "Vaping" has become the most common term in recent years for vaporizing nicotine juice. It makes sense to most prospective customers who use electronic cigarettes.

Hoosier Vapes
Vapin' in the cape
Pro Vape
Mt. Baker Vapor
Mad Vapes

the list goes on....

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DarthVapor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:53 pm

Actually, I did see this and I'm positive I helped you during your visit. I'm Joseph, Store Manager at Infinite Vapor Madison and I'm glad to see the feedback. We were really pleased with the turnout and response from the community and are glad to be serving Madison at our first Wisconsin location. We'll work on getting in products our customers would like to see. We're not a head shop and we don't intend to be. Quite frankly, it's been done. We focus on E-cigs and more importantly, helping people to stop smoking analogs. We offer a good range of tested, reliable hard goods and really tasty e-juices that are mixed by our chemists and tested. We believe in great customer service, developing a social forum, and just a neighborhood place to enjoy these great products and hang out. Thanks for the support!
DarthVapor

Postby Ninja » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:They are a little clearomizer heavy in general. If you don't want a rebuildable you're pretty limited to basic clearos and Kanger protanks. I use cartos -- and I was a little disappointed that they didn't carry them, but they seemed open to the possibility since they work with companies that have them. I'd love to have a shop to pick up a pack or two if I'm getting low between vape mail.

That's great and all, but can you put yo weeeed in it?
Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ninja » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:32 pm

rabble wrote:
Endo Rockstar wrote:

Agreed.
Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Ninja wrote:That's great and all, but can you put yo weeeed in it?

If I'm not mistaken, these type of vaporizers work only with a "juice." You can get cartridges with hash oil that work in these. Those are pretty easy to find in CA, CO, and WA. Apparently it is the new "thing" when it comes to smoking weed.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:08 pm

DarthVapor wrote:We focus on E-cigs and more importantly, helping people to stop smoking analogs.

Wouldn't that put you out of business?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ninja » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
DarthVapor wrote:We focus on E-cigs and more importantly, helping people to stop smoking analogs.

Wouldn't that put you out of business?

That threw me off for a second too, but I assume he's using analog in the analog vs. digital sense, rather than in the "drug analog" (ie replacement or substitute) sense.
Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm

Here:

a couple years back I started a series of posts that I never finished about my ecig-- even after only a couple years things have changed quite a bit, but it might be worth a read:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=56596&hilit=dan+motor+quit+smoking

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:52 pm

I still don't get how they fathom that this isn't a head shop. It's a business that sells paraphernalia for consuming a drug. There's no shame in that, but it is what it is — however specialized, and whatever the scope of legality.

From Wikipedia's entry, for what it's worth :
A head shop is a retail outlet specializing in tobacco paraphernalia used for consumption of tobacco ...
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:25 pm

I think for business reasons they want to appear strictly legal in Wisconsin. Can't blame 'em, they probably put a lot of money and effort into their new store and don't want to be hassled.

If the legal climate changes of course they can turn on a dime, same as companies that sell supplies and equipment for growing plants indoors.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:28 pm

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Town Vibe