MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 41.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Spiteful Pets

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Spiteful Pets

Postby john_titor » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:51 pm

Dog and I never saw eye to eye since he was a pup. Many small battles but he finished me with a long con where I opened my hockey bag at an away game to find he pissed all over my gear.

The cat is mad at me and just now shat behind my desk in a place I can't get to in my office. He waited until we got back from dinner and I sat down at my desk.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Spiteful Pets

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:05 pm

My favorite cat was quite a character. He would climb into the artificial Christmas tree and sit and glare at me, as I squirted him with a squirt gun. He would only eat Friskies. The store was out of Friskies, so I bought another real nice brand. He walked up to his dish, sniffed, turned, sat and stared at me! Fuzz also seemed to magically sense when I was about to go to the laundry room to change his whole box. I'd procrastinate the change out, but he always waited and always did a #2 to mark his territory. He redeemed himself by being a good mouser.

Another cat refused to drink water anywhere, except from the master bathroom sink tap! I'd pick her up and carry her to the boys' bathroom sink, and she'd jump down and go jump back up to the master bathroom sink!
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:11 pm

I have lived with dogs with separation anxiety. They seem to do things in spite but I think it's because they miss you when you are gone and really wanted to go with you.

Cats do things to spite you. My cat didn't like competition with my male friends. He knocked over potted plants whenever we showed affection for each other. The worst was when my future husband was pet sitting for me. The one cat walked into the room in front him and shat on the carpet just so he had to clean it up. The other cat barfed. And I think the dog barfed too just to fit in.
Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby john_titor » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:50 pm

UPDATE: "THE BIG GET EVEN"

We took the cat, stuffed him into a little grey box with bars and drove him across town. He then had two different humans, one bearded, one not, stick things up his butt. We got medicine, the cat no longer fouls my office, and he and I have a new level of understanding.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Fuzz would brace all four feet trying to stop from being stuffed into the carrier, (and he'd howl) enroute to the man with the cold steel table. Fuzz was easy to get back into the box to go home, and very quiet. I swear cats know how to scowl.

I did have a kitten (Goldy) who had the runs on the floor of the pantry. I suspected an intestinal bug and the vet took care of that.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:29 pm

We leave our carrier on an elevated surface, open at all times. It eventually becomes a cat-cave option, according to the prevailing mood.

So when we present it as an inevitable option, there's not too much resistance. Maybe just a perfunctory feline "harrumph." It's a known love station, after all.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kittenwithawhip » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:26 am

http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Gear-Booster-Carrier-Medium/dp/B003FCFOEW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_petsupplies_15?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QN1GQ92N0K2971RBT5J
Pet Gear Booster
This carrier is the absolute best. It is comfortable, easy to use and we leave it out as a pet bed so the cats aren't afraid of it at all. They fight over who gets to sleep in it. We have one cat who loves to ride in the car, it has a short leash that clips to his harness and also will allow a seat belt to secure it in place so he can sit in the car with the top unzipped and look out the window.
kittenwithawhip
Forum Addict

Postby goatcheese111 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:58 pm

I have a dog that will break through the storm door to get to the mailman he has already bitten two of the mailmen that do my towns route they must hate coming to my house to deliver mail and i dont blame them. :?
goatcheese111

Postby Sandi » Thu May 15, 2014 12:26 pm

This dog is certainly 'spiteful' and should be put down.

The dog was not protecting his turf, but actively stalked and attacked the kid.

Hurray for the cat, who deserves his weight in kitty treats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzY3wkJpbFY
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu May 15, 2014 4:41 pm

I saw that clip earlier and I thought it was awesome. Anybody who thinks cats don't care needs to view it.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Thu May 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Wow, thanks for that clip, Sandi. Godawful for the kid, but that cat is perfect.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:29 pm

I love how the cat's fur stood up and it's tail was pretty alert too. She didn't just hiss and scratch. She chased and attacked that dog to make sure it didn't come back!
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Thu May 15, 2014 11:03 pm

The above youtube url deleted. Use this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DQMUaD1uig
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Fri May 16, 2014 1:18 am

fennel wrote:We leave our carrier on an elevated surface, open at all times. It eventually becomes a cat-cave option, according to the prevailing mood.

So when we present it as an inevitable option, there's not too much resistance. Maybe just a perfunctory feline "harrumph." It's a known love station, after all.

Apparently you are not aware of the TGIF method (tail goes in first). Set cat carrier on its end so the opening is facing up. Pick up cat, get tail oriented in carrier and lower cat into carrier. A cat follows its tail.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:22 am

john_titor wrote:UPDATE: "THE BIG GET EVEN"

We took the cat, stuffed him into a little grey box with bars and drove him across town. He then had two different humans, one bearded, one not, stick things up his butt. We got medicine, the cat no longer fouls my office, and he and I have a new level of understanding.

what did they stick up his arse and/or give him for later to stop that kind of thing, scopolamine? yummy
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Catch All