MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Which Non-packer team do you want in the Superbowl

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Which Teams Would You Like to see in the Superbowl?

Philly v. Pittsburgh
42%
Philly v. New England
25%
Philly v. Indy
17%
None of the above
17%

Total votes : 12

Which Non-packer team do you want in the Superbowl

Postby Dulouz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:11 am

Of course, I'd like to see the packers, but that just isn't going to happen. The NFC is so weak, that I can't see anyone getting by Philly. I like the first option the best, although a contest between McNabb and Manning could be pretty cool.
Dulouz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SIZZAW » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:19 pm

I've been a Steelers fan forever. I'm in mild shock at their record and am kinda waiting for the bubble to burst. My ultimate Super Bowl would be Pittsburgh and Green Bay.

Philly's tough though.
SIZZAW
Forum God/Goddess

Postby superman » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:47 pm

I can't stand any of those teams.

What about Philly vs. San Diego? I wouldn't count them out. The Chargers kind of a long shot, but they're playing some good football right now. Antonio Gates is unreal!
superman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:25 am

Yeah Boy, an all Pennsylvania Super bowl would be the shit.
I don't see it happening with my Steelers, though.
The Steelers high point this year was probably beating both The Pats and the Eagles. The Steeler offense has cooled off of late this season.

Philadelphia has squandered quite a few chances themselves over the years.

Don't count out Atlanta, yet. Or San Diego in the AFC.

The Colts could do it, but I just don't trust teams with no deffense.

Which leaves New England-still the team to beat...
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:53 am

I heard that the Gov of PA is proposing that the Superbowl be moved to the 100K seat stadium in Slappy Valley of the Iggles play the Steelers.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby tibor » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:54 am

GenieU wrote:Philadelphia has squandered quite a few chances themselves over the years.

Yeah, but not when the entire conference was so weak. Before last weekend's games, you know how many NFC teams were above .500? Exactly four - Philly, Atlanta, and GB and Minnesota. Pathetic. No one's beating Philly from the NFC this year.

Which is fine with me. I've always liked the Eagles, back in the day when they had Cunningham on offense and Reggie White, Clyde Simmons, and Jerome Brown on the D-line. Scary.
tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:12 am

NFC champs ? maybe, but as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow the Feebles will find a way to fuck it up somewhere along the line.

They are veritably the Cubs of the NFL.

One year they had a Superbowl in Minneapolis, just for a change of pace, and everyone the bitched about the cold, and the lack of enough prostitutes to work such a large event....
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby tibor » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:45 pm

GenieU wrote:NFC champs ? maybe, but as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow the Feebles will find a way to fuck it up somewhere along the line.

So who's going to beat them in the NFC? Especially considering they've basically locked home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs? I'd be more than happy to put a friendly wager on this, if you feel some other team of your choosing is going to win the conference.

GenieU wrote:They are veritably the Cubs of the NFL.

The problem is, this year everyone else are the Brewers of the NFC.
Last edited by tibor on Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby superman » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:00 pm

Right now, the Eagles are the only ones playing good football in the NFC. The rest of the NFC is pretty bad. Right now, I believe the top four teams are Philly, Atlanta, Green Bay, and Seattle. Not good.
superman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:21 pm

GenieU wrote:NFC champs ? maybe, but as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow the Feebles will find a way to fuck it up somewhere along the line.

They are veritably the Cubs of the NFL.

I'm sure the Eagles will win this at least once in the next 150 years. :wink:

The little I've seen Indy looks tough, but the road will go thru Foxboro. I'll bet on NE.
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:29 am

tibor wrote:

So who's going to beat them in the NFC? Especially considering they've basically locked home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs? I'd be more than happy to put a friendly wager on this, if you feel some other team of your choosing is going to win the conference.

GenieU wrote:They are veritably the Cubs of the NFL.

The problem is, this year everyone else are the Brewers of the NFC.

I'm not a betting man. The Question is can they at least make it to a Superbowl. It happens all the time in the AFC that teams with the best record stumble in the playoffs.

The Eagles can Ill afford Terrel Owens being badly hurt.
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby tibor » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:06 am

GenieU wrote:I'm not a betting man. The Question is can they at least make it to a Superbowl. It happens all the time in the AFC that teams with the best record stumble in the playoffs.

The Eagles can Ill afford Terrel Owens being badly hurt.

From what I've seen from Atlanta, GB, and Minnesota, I'd give you two team picks.

Philly locked up home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs, is that right? If I were Andy Reid, I wouldn't play any of my stars in any game before the playoffs. What's the point?

It doesn't sound like T.O. is hurt that badly. And to be honest, they'll win in the NFC without him - everyone else is just that bad.

AFC playoffs should make for some great games this year.
tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:27 am

It definitly Philly's to lose...Atlanta can be tough in the Playoffs, though...
GB and The Yikes simply lack enough defense.

Personally I'm hoping that something bad happens to to the Patsies, they've got the balance, consistency and they've been putting opponents away by large margins week after week.

I'll be rooting for Miami tonight. :?
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:10 am

so now that T O is out for maybe the rest of the year are the eagles still going to the superbowl. I think they are very beatable even at home in the playoffs without TO. i think its the cardinals all the way at 5 and 9 they can still win the west and get in. waht is wrong with the nfc?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby tibor » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:28 pm

fisticuffs wrote:so now that T O is out for maybe the rest of the year are the eagles still going to the superbowl. I think they are very beatable even at home in the playoffs without TO. i think its the cardinals all the way at 5 and 9 they can still win the west and get in. waht is wrong with the nfc?

Sounds like at best, TO is coming back for the NFC championship game. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah, I still think Philly is going to represent the NFC. They have the third-best defense in the NFC, after the 'Skins and Yucks. More importantly, they have home-field advantage. The NFC title game will be closer with TO out, but I still think Philly is going to go to the Superbowl.
tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking