MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, November 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 19.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Which Non-packer team do you want in the Superbowl

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Which Teams Would You Like to see in the Superbowl?

Philly v. Pittsburgh
42%
Philly v. New England
25%
Philly v. Indy
17%
None of the above
17%

Total votes : 12

Postby buckyor » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:29 pm

tibor wrote:
It doesn't sound like T.O. is hurt that badly. And to be honest, they'll win in the NFC without him - everyone else is just that bad.

Not so sure about that:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/12/20/bc.fbn.eagles.owensinju.ap/index.html

Doesn't look like he'll be back this season. The NFC playoffs are now open to whoemever wants it the most.
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby tibor » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:09 am

buckyor wrote:
tibor wrote:
It doesn't sound like T.O. is hurt that badly. And to be honest, they'll win in the NFC without him - everyone else is just that bad.

Not so sure about that:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/12/20/bc.fbn.eagles.owensinju.ap/index.html

Doesn't look like he'll be back this season. The NFC playoffs are now open to whoemever wants it the most.

Even without TO for the playoffs, I'm still happy to lay down $20 on the Eagles to win the NFC against any other NFC team you want to choose.
tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:15 am

As your attorny, I would have to advise against betting your heart.

I hear they are looking to Antonio Freeman for help.
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby tibor » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:50 am

GenieU wrote:I hear they are looking to Antonio Freeman for help.

Well, they already have Dorsey Levens. Maybe they can also pick up Bill Schroeder. I'm assuming he's done mowing lawns for the year or whatever he's doing for food nowadays.

The bet stands. Any takers?
tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Uncle Fester » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:12 pm

I don't want to see anybody in the Super Bowl but the Packers beating the Steelers, 31-14.
Uncle Fester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:21 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:I don't want to see anybody in the Super Bowl but the Packers beating the Steelers, 31-14.

Funny, you are.
Another infernal optimist.
The Packers should dispatch the ass-backwards Vikings without much ado come Sunday afternoon, unless Farve comes out throwing interceptions and Culper and Moss get hot. I think GB would be at a disadvantage if it turns into a shootout.
At this point the Vikings could well be their own worst enemy-they've got such a tradition of choking this time of year.

Of course My Steelers have lost quite a few AFC championship games in recent years. I'm not greedy-if they fall in the playoffs I will regard the season a sucess for the great football, the awsome record, and beating both PHilly and The Pats during the regular season...

Peyton Manning set his record against cornerbacks who have been significantly held back by the rule changes-he's not dan marino's equal yet.
New England may be patched together in the secondary,but they are still the team to beat in the AFC.

Its going to be a long week-I can't wait for the wekend!
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby tibor » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:36 pm

GenieU wrote:Peyton Manning set his record against cornerbacks who have been significantly held back by the rule changes-he's not dan marino's equal yet.

Damn, that's a really good point. Hadn't thought of that.
tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:52 pm

Still, gotta pick the Colts over Denver.
The Rams win big games, while Seattle seems to have something in common with Minnesota...
Oh, the look on Holmgren's face when they lose, and mark my words they will sooner or later...
Jets and Chargers is a harder one to call-I'm leaning towards San Diego because they seem more poised and don't have as much trouble scoring.
Its a great matchup, none-the-less...
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking