MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 72.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Predictions: Mayor and School Board Races

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Predictions: Mayor and School Board Races

Postby Bill Rotherman » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:08 pm

My predictions:

In the mayor's race, Allen has not made a strong enough case to beat a fairly popular incumbent. Dave 59%, Allen 41%.

Cole vs. Passman: It's Passman's core of supporters and political endorsements vs. Cole's broader base of supporters and endorsements of both the State Journal and Capital Times. Cole gets almost all the conservatives and almost half of the liberals. Cole 53, Passman 47.

Moss vs. Thomas: Thomas flying under the radar, gaining support little by little as the election approaches. Moss supporters think they'll win big, but it's a close one. Moss hangs on. Moss 52, Thomas 48.

Winston vs. Brew: Brew has not mounted a serious enough campaign. Winston had his hand slapped by MTI but remains fairly popular among voters. Some dissatisfaction with school board in general leads to some write-ins. Winston 67, Brew 29, write-ins 4.
Bill Rotherman

Postby aaronetc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:24 pm

I don't know the board races well enough to speculate, but:

Mayor Dave - 56%
Candidate Ray - 44%

I think the actual Dave-support is higher than that, but that the Dave-hatred held by some will drive Ray-votes and that so many people being on break will lower casual Dave-turnout.
aaronetc
Forum Addict

Re: Predictions: Mayor and School Board Races

Postby psycho » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:23 pm

Bill Rotherman wrote:My predictions:

Winston vs. Brew: Brew has not mounted a serious enough campaign. Winston had his hand slapped by MTI but remains fairly popular among voters. Some dissatisfaction with school board in general leads to some write-ins. Winston 67, Brew 29, write-ins 4.

Interesting that you mention write-ins, I've talked to several people who have done just that to send a message to Johnny to let him know that they aren't too thrilled about the District's decisions with school closings on the north and east sides, but they still expect him to win.
psycho

Return to Local Politics & Government