MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, November 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 22.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Epic felon

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Epic felon

Postby Shorty » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:23 pm

I wouldn't expect this from an Epic employee. Don't they teach respect in the workplace there? They better offer that training more often.

Man charged with 62 felonies in alleged drugged assaults
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... 6bba6.html

"A man who allegedly drugged and sexually assaulted seven women and captured the assaults on video and in pictures was charged Monday with 62 felonies, including sexual assault and photographing the victims in the nude without their consent...He was arrested on May 31 at Epic and appeared in court last week, when he was freed after posting $500,000 bail within 90 minutes after his court appearance...six of the eight alleged victims were co-workers at Epic, the health records software company where Stowe was until recently a project manager. He has since lost his job. The complaint details alleged acts that occurred between 2009 and 2012, the most recent on Oct. 20."
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Epic felon

Postby Igor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 am

I'm surprised an Epic employee has enough time off from work to commit crimes...
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:25 am

I really don't think it's up to Epic to instruct its employees not to rape one another.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:17 am

Shorty wrote: six of the eight alleged victims were co-workers at Epic

He doesn't sound like a very competent sexual predator.

This story is horrible, of course I can't turn away from the train wreck. But I was a little more interested in the less black-and-white case of the sheriff's deputy who was busted for dating a woman he met at the jail. (Sorry for the thread jacking.)
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... 70bf9.html

The officer & the woman are both in their early 40's. They met when she was in an electronic monitoring program for substance abuse rehab. I get how and why this is against the rules. But I can't see dragging his name through the mud over it, and I can't see this as a "sexual assault." The woman was out free, not physically an inmate. But devil in the details, we can't know exactly what happened.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:33 am

Huckleby wrote:

62 offenses that we know about, going back to 2009? If he's not a competent predator, the competent ones are having a heyday.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:06 am

rabble wrote:
Huckleby wrote:

62 offenses that we know about, going back to 2009? If he's not a competent predator, the competent ones are having a heyday.

I'm going to put a disclaimer on my comment here, because this is only for discussion, I don't claim to have expert knowledge of Epic's hiring practices.

Epic's interview process is extensive. By the time someone makes it through the interview process, Epic has weeded out most of chaff and is left with a very specific personality profile: young, extremely bright, very dedicated to work, and detail oriented.

I almost worry that many of the characteristics they focus on finding in their employee base are shared with your textbook sociopath.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy#Psychopathy_vs._sociopathy

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:18 am

Igor wrote:I'm surprised an Epic employee has enough time off from work to commit crimes...

Shorty wrote:six of the eight alleged victims were co-workers at Epic

He was multitasking...

Frankly I would not be shocked to hear that an Epic employee went round the bend given how they work their development staff. Not that there has been evidence released that states he actually went round the bend while working for Epic. Unless any of these pictures and videos were taken at Epic or at an official Epic function I can't see how you can blame Epic for Stowe's actions. Not that Epic couldn't stand to let up on their development staff anyway.

snoqueen wrote:I really don't think it's up to Epic to instruct its employees not to rape one another.

Yeah, this one is a bit outside your standard sexual harrassment training video. Well, the old standard training video. Maybe they can make a new one now.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:39 am

rabble wrote:
Huckleby wrote:

I should amend that. Since only eight women are named, it appears to be something like 7 or 8 offenses per incident. Apparently every six months or so, he went hunting. Or he was constantly stalking and was being picky about his victims.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:04 am

Oportunity. At least one of the victims referred to Stowe as just a friend. I wouldn't be shocked if he worked directly with all of his victims from Epic, or at least they were part of his work social group.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Igor wrote:I'm surprised an Epic employee has enough time off from work to commit crimes...

Yes this shows what happens to overworked non-Union workers. They get messed up. Union workers with reasonable work loads are better people.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 pm

I propose a union for sexual predators.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Huckleby wrote:I propose a union for sexual predators.

I think Reddit's got one started.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Huckleby wrote:I propose a union for sexual predators.

I think the Pentagon has already taken care of that.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Christ, can we keep from being washed away in the river of tears for the poor overworked Epic kids? Ohhh... to be in your early 20's and pulling in 60K or more, working in one of the most amazing office complexes in the country, taking your chef-made meal to the fucking corporate treehouse for your lunch break.

To suffer through that when you should be backpacking through Europe on your parents dime is truly a travesty of social justice.

I'm sure there are many people at Epic who work their asses off, but let's not lose perspective here, it's not a fucking coal mine.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Judy Faulkner is picking on those kids.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Town Vibe