MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 76.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

More political payback by Scotty

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

More political payback by Scotty

Postby david cohen » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:48 am

Looks like Cindy Archer did pretty well by obfuscating the John Doe investigation....

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/w ... 963f4.html
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: More political payback by Scotty

Postby DCB » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 am

What are you implying?
Randy Kraft ... denied that Archer's political connections or her role in the John Doe probe was considered in her selection.

So there.

Also, Walker had no role in Erwin's double raise either, obviously.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby barney » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:16 am

Then let's release her resume, the PD, and the other candidates' (redacted) resumes, and just see what was "considered in her selection", shall we?
barney
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:30 am

I think it's a move so bold that one can only question Walker's sanity at this point. Is he so insulated from reality that he can't imagine anyone would bat an eyelash at this? Or is he so sure he'll be gone by 2015 that he's paying his cronies back now? Or he just doesn't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks? Perhaps it's a combination of all the above, though I can't see Walker giving up the Gov.'s mansion any time soon unless a larger, more lucrative fish is dangled in front of his ferret face.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:43 am

david cohen wrote:I think it's a move so bold that one can only question Walker's sanity at this point. Is he so insulated from reality that he can't imagine anyone would bat an eyelash at this?

In a word: YES. The bubble is impenetrable. Send a message out, the message hits the bubble wall and comes back to you, exactly ass you sent it. Walker takes this as confirmation.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby barney » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:07 am

wack wack wrote:
david cohen wrote:I think it's a move so bold that one can only question Walker's sanity at this point. Is he so insulated from reality that he can't imagine anyone would bat an eyelash at this?

In a word: YES. The bubble is impenetrable. Send a message out, the message hits the bubble wall and comes back to you, exactly ass you sent it. Walker takes this as confirmation.

But what the hell can be done about it? Nothing, I fear.
barney
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Any candidate for the position who believes the PD office committed an abuse of discretion or illegal act in not selecting them can file an appeal with the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission, which would then conduct a hearing at which witnesses are on oath or affirmation.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:Any candidate for the position who believes the PD office committed an abuse of discretion or illegal act in not selecting them can file an appeal with the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission, which would then conduct a hearing at which witnesses are on oath or affirmation.

On a similar note: with the weird job shuffling of Chief Erwin, did someone skip a mandatory posting of the "open" positions he filled?
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby barney » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:54 pm

green union terrace chair wrote:
Stu Levitan wrote:Any candidate for the position who believes the PD office committed an abuse of discretion or illegal act in not selecting them can file an appeal with the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission, which would then conduct a hearing at which witnesses are on oath or affirmation.

On a similar note: with the weird job shuffling of Chief Erwin, did someone skip a mandatory posting of the "open" positions he filled?

That thought came to my mind as well in both the Irwin and this case.
barney
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Lily » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Walker tells protesters to 'follow the rules,' as felony charges considered

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolit ... 26421.html

"There is this great myth amongst people who oppose my political beliefs here and across the country that somehow we don't want people to protest. It's very simple. They can protest every day for as long as they want for the remainder of this term and any of my future terms. They can protest every day when I'm in office," Walker said. "I have no problem with that. That is what's great about America. We ask them to follow the rules." The state's permitting rules are the subject of ongoing litigation in federal court, with the trial scheduled for January."

Yeah Scooter. Following the rules the way you ran the Exec Office in Milwaukee? How about the parking garage incident where a young man was killed due to lack of garage maintenance? The way you fail to talk openly about your John Doe criminal defense fund and who financed it? How you hire appointees and how their pay is figured? I could go on but it's clear Walker has no regard for following any so-called "rules" but then, when you are King....
Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Local Politics & Government