MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, February 1, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 16.0° F  Light Snow Blowing Snow and Breezy
Collapse Photo Bar

Lions v. Packers

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Lions v. Packers

Postby Cameron Connors » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:55 am

Line favors the Pack by a TD. Over/under is 51.5, which i would definitely favor the over on.

Burnett will finally be back, and boy will he be needed in this one, but Hayward is still nursing a hammy and would have been a real asset to covering R. Bush when he lines up in the slot.

Hopefully Shields draws the short straw on Megatron, because i do not want to see Williams on him...ever.

Without Clay available to provide pressure: http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/clay-matth ... ing-injury this could get ugly for the D right quick.

And Let's hope Suh doesn't try to murder Rodgers, because he has been terrifying this year, and not just to cable guys. Luckily, the interior is the most competent aspect of the o-line.

Doom and gloom aside. I don't think the Lions d will be able to hold Rodge & co. on an O that is mostly healthy, and homefield in Lambeau is still an important factor, especially for the d.

Pack will win, despite being hobbled, but I would take these, not your old Lions, to beat the spread.
Cameron Connors

Re: Lions v. Packers

Postby gargantua » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:44 am

I think the Pack will win, mainly because our quarterback and head coach are simply smarter than their quarterback and head coach. Stafford is somewhat similar to Cutler....talented, but if you can make him uncomfortable, you can count on him to throw you a couple chances for an INT. Sometimes several.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Not worried about Bush. run D has been shored up nicely over last year. Plus Bush may not make it through a game at any given moment. Real worried about Megatron. What Boldin did to us in week 1 still gives me nightmares and Johnson is far better than Boldin. Having Burnett back will help. No clay will hurt. Still Lions have a way of becoming lambs at Lambeau.

Lots of points. Pack by 4.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:55 pm

I don't see any improvement in the passing defense, especially against good QBs. Usual Packer injury situation in force. They could easily lose this one. That said, the Lions haven't won here since the last time I got lit up at Chi Chi's on Grand Canyon on 2 for 1 margaritas. Pack by 10.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Right Bower » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Fuckin' Chi Chi's.
Right Bower
Forum Addict

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Right Bower wrote:Fuckin' Chi Chi's.

Was it Chi Chi's? it was Pedro's as far as I know. Had a friend fro TX who was always sensitive about his drinking abilities once he moved up here. We convinced him to slam a Mugarita one night for $100. He did it. his head hit the table and when he came up he had a nice string of drool from the table to his chin. Later he tried to give me the $100. Fuckin' Texans can't drink for shit.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby barney » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:57 pm

fisticuffs wrote:

Was it Chi Chi's? it was Pedro's as far as I know. Had a friend fro TX who was always sensitive about his drinking abilities once he moved up here. We convinced him to slam a Mugarita one night for $100. He did it. his head hit the table and when he came up he had a nice string of drool from the table to his chin. Later he tried to give me the $100. Fuckin' Texans can't drink for shit.

Nope, it was Chi Chi's.
barney
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cameron Connors » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:45 pm

I'd welcome the addition: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... h-freeman/

With Rodgers so willing to throw his body into defenders for no reason, and then arguing with McCarthy about it in the Bungles game, I foresee issues with the "c" word if he continues the Charlie Bronson routine. Freeman has lots of upside, and is better than anyone else on the bench by far.

Let's hope everyone calling this one a close shootout isn't accurate, 9-16 is not good when ahead in the 4th: http://nfl.si.com/2013/10/03/aaron-rodg ... y-packers/
Cameron Connors

Postby Michael Patrick » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:58 pm

As a Bears fan, I'm torn. On principle I would rather eat dirt than cheer for the Packers. But if the Packers beat the Lions it could help to put the Bears pack in sole possession of first place.

What's a person to do?
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:As a Bears fan, I'm torn. On principle I would rather eat dirt than cheer for the Packers. But if the Packers beat the Lions it could help to put the Bears pack in sole possession of first place.

What's a person to do?

Hope Jay doesn't throw a tantrum when Rob Ryan's boys start planting him?
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:54 pm

fisticuffs wrote:

Don't mess with Texas!
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:00 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:As a Bears fan, I'm torn. On principle I would rather eat dirt than cheer for the Packers. But if the Packers beat the Lions it could help to put the Bears pack in sole possession of first place.

What's a person to do?

Don't sweat it. The Bears are fully capable of losing first place without any outside help.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cameron Connors » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Stay classy, Lions linemen! Those college bands need to be put in their place by a multi-millionaire pro.:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ching-band

Another takeaway from that game: we all got to see what a difference not having the best WR in the league suit up is for the Lions. Burleson's absence was also apparent after every Durham drop.
Cameron Connors

Postby minicat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:17 pm

That game was like watching paint dry on Bob Seger
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:24 am

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking