MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Friday, July 11, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 72.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

slow news day?

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

slow news day?

Postby gozer » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:07 am

"sizzurp" is the new devil drug on the streets of north america, prophesied by michael jackson and now praised by justin bieber, beyoncé knowles, geraldo rivera, jackie mason, céline dion, scott walker . . . no, no, no

its basic principle is almost as old as carbonated water and the general idea came from german and austro-hungarian doctors, nurses, and apothecaries in the mid 19th century and it is the theory behind alka-seltzer. mixing your dose of codeine or other narcotic cough syrup, or laudanum, with a carbonated beverage makes it work faster because it drives it through the walls of your stomach faster and reduces nausea. this works with antihistamines, benzos, paracetamol, aspirin, miltown, and mandrax/ludes too. u can mix nyquil and morphine powder into coca-cola and have a bitchin' cherry coke, i was told over 30 years ago. coca-cola was originally a medicine itself -- that's why it had the c-jam in it.

since codeine makes u love everyone in the correct dose and hydrocodone is 24 times better . . . it's probably safer than rolling on e . . . pretty soon personnel consultants/head hunters are going to be drinking sizzurp with their clients before job interviews. laudanum or dihydromorphine dissolved in carbonated apple juice with a biscuit has always done it for me; people could solve what i recently heard called the bridezilla issue the same way.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: slow news day?

Postby Stella_Guru » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:08 am

Have you considered 4 advils with a cup of coffee, followed by a hot bath, candles, a glass of wine and a spliff?
Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Re: slow news day?

Postby gozer » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:31 pm

cannabis is incomparable for nausea and constiutional symptoms, and the je ne sais quoi that makes muscle pain so miserable, and i have eaten hashish when i was first getting used to m for thing much more substantial back in the day and more recently for an inner ear problem that made me feel like i was on a roller coaster after drinking a water glass of absinthe; it was actually in the united states pharmacopoeia for several years after the 1937 effective ban . . . my own experience and observation leads to be believe that not only are cancer and other patients who say that it helps are absolutely correct, it may also be the tip of the proverbial iceberg. cannabis sativa, linnaeus 1763 and friends have been medicine for most of human history over most of the planet, as well as the opium poppy and a few relatives like papaver bracteatum, lindley 1841, which is loaded with codeine.

it is still apples and oranges from opiates though. they do not work the same way and are not interchangeable, although some of the non-narcotic alkaloids in whole opium may impact cannabinoid receptors and some cultivars of poppy do have weak cannabinoids in their fatty and proteinaceous parts such as insides and surfaces of the seeds. the two are additive; those who don't want to smoke, vapourise, drink lictuses or otherwise get involved in the wacky tobackky and lebanese 8 ball for whatever reason may be able to substitute the old-line antihistamines for a partial replacement.

the advil & coffee, or especially naproxen+tea+carbonated water will get about 80 per cent of people who are not on something heavy a short burst of euphoria at about t+0.15 it is taken on an empty stomach or before. it must the anti-inflammatory effect because some relatives of prednisone make me feel like i am on bolivian marching powder for a good 8 hours.

. . . and for headaches, caffeine does 70 per cent of the work, which is why it is commonly available in paracetamol ± nsaid ± codeine/dihydrocodeine/hydrocodone/dionine/oxycodone/nicocodeine/tilidine/&c products for moderate pain.

candles &c probably has some therapeutic effect, but a three-way is my favourite short-cut for that.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines