MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 19.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

China Buffet moves to former Pedro's

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

China Buffet moves to former Pedro's

Postby Shorty » Sat May 24, 2014 8:59 pm

China Buffet has moved to the former West-side Pedro's on D'Onofrio drive, just in case anyone wants to eat there. I didn't think anything worse than Pedro's would go there, but looks like I am wrong.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: China Buffet moves to former Pedro's

Postby NullDevice » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:39 pm

It appears to be the same one as at Southtown, the "World Buffet."

At least they have a noodle soup bar. I'll give 'em that.
NullDevice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:45 pm

I drive past that place almost every day. There are never too many cars in the parking lot, and I'm driving by in the evening when people generally would be eating dinner.
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:13 pm

We went into the new Chinese Buffet that replaced China One. They definitely have made siginficant (needed) improvements to the building. They had a guy prepping sushi, and there seemed to be more of that kind of stuff available. I typically go with the Mongolian grill option, so I rarely eat anything from the actual buffet.

So, folks that like that sort of thing might want to give it another try.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:50 pm

So the place where Pedro's used to be is now called World Buffet not China Buffet? I will give it a try now that I have a coupon.

Igor wrote:We went into the new Chinese Buffet that replaced China One...So, folks that like that sort of thing might want to give it another try.

I'm confused, where is the new Chinese Buffet that replaced China One? Are you talking about the former Pedros's on the far West side that is now World Buffet, or something else?
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:09 pm

Shorty wrote:I'm confused, where is the new Chinese Buffet that replaced China One? Are you talking about the former Pedros's on the far West side that is now World Buffet, or something else?

In the Grand Canyon Drive location - the one that used to be China One Buffet - there is now something called U-Like Chinese Buffet. I think it is a chain of some sort. They have extensively remodeled it, and it is apparently under new ownership. Nothing earth-shattering, and I doubt that buffet-haters will be converted. But those that like that sort of thing may want to check it out.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Steve Vokers » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Shorty wrote:So the place where Pedro's used to be is now called World Buffet not China Buffet? I will give it a try now that I have a coupon.

Yes, World Buffet. They bill it as Chinese and American food, which covers a large chunk of the world but not enough to call it World Buffet. IMHO of course.
Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews