MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 44.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

NOAA/NASA Dramatically Altered US Temperatures After Y2K

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

NOAA/NASA Dramatically Altered US Temperatures After Y2K

Postby Bludgeon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:49 pm

People are always afraid of the weather - so climate change makes a good religion for them to have. In a lot of ways, climate change has been the only religion that any people have ever had. The basic theory: The gods are angry: make sky go 'boom'!

The Charlatan:
The Snake Oil Salesman
The Global Warming Oil Salesman:

James Delingpole wrote: Scientists at two of the world’s leading climate centres - NASA and NOAA - have been caught out manipulating temperature data to overstate the extent of the 20th century "global warming". The evidence of their tinkering can clearly be seen at Real Science, where blogger Steven Goddard has posted a series of graphs which show "climate change" before and after the adjustments.

Christopher Booker:

When I first began examining the global-warming scare, I found nothing more puzzling than the way officially approved scientists kept on being shown to have finagled their data, as in that ludicrous “hockey stick” graph, pretending to prove that the world had suddenly become much hotter than at any time in 1,000 years. Any theory needing to rely so consistently on fudging the evidence, I concluded, must be looked on not as science at all, but as simply a rather alarming case study in the aberrations of group psychology.

'He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.' — George Orwell
Last edited by Bludgeon on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Re: NOAA/NASA Dramatically Altered US Temperatures After Y2K

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Now, now this issue is too important to wait for pesky data problems.

We need to have the UN take over this problem now.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Well. After 2000 ( Y2K ) is when they made the adjustments. However the the adjustments were made on the other end. As Mother Nature has not cooperated by increasing global temperatures: the alarmists needed to adjust past temperatures to make present day temperatures look warmer.

This is how they say that 1998 was the warmest years on record, never mind that the temperatures recorded ( on thermometers not tweaked records ) were warmer in the 1930s.

The alarmists scientists will always refuse to debate skeptics, it just isn't done. The alarmists studies are based on always wrong IPCC models that merely puke out the adjusted garbage in. Not one IPCC model has predicted future climate.

They can't, because they don't even model ocean temperatures, the biggest driver of climate. At best a smidgen of science comes out of IPCC which is a policy commission, not science.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Sandi wrote:They can't, because they don't even model ocean temperatures, the biggest driver of climate. At best a smidgen of science comes out of IPCC which is a policy commission, not science.

The past wasn't cold enough. The present isn't hot enough. Solution: make the past colder. [/bias confirmed].
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:16 pm

What are the scientists' names? Who was caught doing this? What's a Sharlatan??
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:20 pm

An expensive dessert similar to baba au rhum.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:21 pm

massimo wrote:What's a Charlatan??

Exactly - lol.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Grubendol » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Oooh, a 7 year old reheated line of bullshit from the flat earth rubes.

http://www.geotimes.org/aug07/article.h ... 607_2.html
Grubendol

Postby massimo » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Oh you went and changed your spelling, that's not very sporting.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:34 pm

massimo wrote:Oh you went and changed your spelling, that's not very sporting.

Could have been worse: I could have gone back and replaced the real spelling with computer generated models of what I want the spelling to be, and then paraded the fabricated spelling around as if it were the genuine article.

But I didn't; because I'm not a skyworshiper hell bent on confirming my own superstitious bias.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Bump:
massimo wrote:What are the scientists' names? Who was caught doing this? What's a Sharlatan??

You took care of question number three. What about the other two? Editing won't help you answer them.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Bump:
massimo wrote:What are the scientists' names? Who was caught doing this? What's a Sharlatan??

You took care of question number three. What about the other two? Editing won't help you answer them.

Read much? The answer to 1 and 2 is right before your eyes. No names in number 1, unless you want to do a lot of google digging. I'm sure you can handle that.

Hint: NOAA/NASA
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:37 pm

What I think is funny; and revealing; and educational about this report is that it's the perfect demonstration of the psychology of a partisan, neo-theological movement that claims to be overall and primarily concerned about 'science' -- as they clearly demonstrate they don't even care if it's true or not.

Like the religious zealots that they are.

You can look right there on the chart:

1. Real temperature record

2. Fabricated temperature record

What are ya'all, Mormons, now? Was the AGW religion invented by Joseph Smith? LOL.

Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Bludgeon wrote:What I think is funny is that it's the perfect demonstration of the blah blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda

That IS funny. Good one, Bludge. I'll be feeling that laugh in my sides the rest of the afternoon.

Hey, have you heard the one about the albatross, the nun, and the fort made of cheese? That's a real hoot. And it's especially revealing about the psychology of snake oil peddlers and their love of all things soccer (you probably didn't realize there was a connection, but there is!) Anyway, thanks for your clowning - it's really brightened my day. You have a way of getting right to the heart of matters in most hilarious ways! Just like Orwell!

OK, here's another good one:
"KNOCK KNOCK"
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Bland wrote:
Bludgeon wrote:What I think is funny is that it's the perfect demonstration of the blah blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda

That IS funny. Good one, Bludge. I'll be feeling that laugh in my sides the rest of the afternoon.

Hey, have you heard the one about the albatross, the nun, and the fort made of cheese? That's a real hoot. And it's especially revealing about the psychology of snake oil peddlers and their love of all things soccer (you probably didn't realize there was a connection, but there is!) Anyway, thanks for your clowning - it's really brightened my day. You have a way of getting right to the heart of matters in most hilarious ways! Just like Orwell!

OK, here's another good one:
"KNOCK KNOCK"

Well well well. Another troll CANNOT refute the post, so attacks the poster. Sooooo common from those with little knowledge of the threads they post in.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Headlines