When the polls close around Madison tomorrow, Apr. 3, hopeful office-seekers will be closing their long day of GOTV efforts with election night parties at taverns, restaurants and coffee shops throughout the city.
With the races down to the wire, and those for the Madison Common Council turning particularly vituperative in their final days, these parties will bring a welcome measure of relief for the candidates, along with satisfaction for the winners.
The locations for the campaign parties planned for Tuesday night follow.
The two mayoral candidates are going to partying only blocks from one another on East Washington Avenue:
These two gatherings are merely the two most prominent of many events planned for Tuesday night, with many other candidates holding solo and joint parties.
Here are the election night jamborees for the Madison school board:
- Beth Moss and Marj Passman -- Fyfe's Corner Bistro
- Rick Thomas -- West Side Club
- Johnny Winston, Jr. -- Home, followed by trips to the High Noon, Fyfe's, and council parties.
- Maya Cole -- Brocach Irish Pub
Here are the parties for Madison Common Council candidates:
- Aaron Backer -- Schwoegler's Entertainment Center
- Troy Thiel -- Blue Moon Bar & Grill
- Carl DuRocher -- The Great Dane - Downtown
- Marsha Rummel and Vicky Selkowe -- Harmony Bar
- Eli Judge -- Old Madison Room at Memorial Union
- Brian Solomon and Robbie Webber -- Laurel Tavern
- Tim Gruber -- EVP Coffee West
- Mark Deadman -- Busse's Markway Tavern
- Satya Rhodes-Conway -- The Sandlot
- Julia Kerr -- Hong Kong CafÃ
- Jon Becker -- Benvenuto's Italian Grill
- Michael Schumacher -- Esquire Club
- Mark Clear -- JT Whitney's
Additionally, Wisconsin State Supreme Court candidate Linda Clifford will be gathering with supporters, staff and volunteers at Madison's, just off Capitol Square. All parties will be in full swing by 8 p.m., when polls close and the game of following returns begins.
If you know of any other candidate parties on Election Day, please send this information to email@example.com.