Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 

Monday, March 2, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 21.0° F  A Few Clouds
License Plates

When you become a Wisconsin resident, you must register your vehicle and get Wisconsin license plates. You are considered a Wisconsin resident if: your principal residence is in this state; you pay your income taxes here; you are registered to vote here. Fee is $75/year; personalized plates are $15 extra. license driving
Driver's License

Visitors and students from out of the country who are in Wisconsin for more than 12 months, and plan to operate a motor vehicle in Wisconsin, must obtain a Wisconsin license. If Wisconsin residency is established, a Wisconsin license must be obtained within 60 days. You must bring proof of Wisconsin residency and proof of identity. Service Centers: Madison East, 2001 Bartillon Dr.; Madison West, 4802 Sheboygan Ave.; and Madison Odana Renewal Center, 6514 Odana Rd., Suite 4 (renewals only, closed Mondays). license driving
Division of Motor Vehicles

Service Centers: Madison East, 2001 Bartillon Dr.; Madison West, 4802 Sheboygan Ave.; Madison Express, 6514 Odana Rd., Suite 4 (renewals only). license state driving
Bicycle Registration/Lost and Found

608-266-4474 (registration); 608-267-8611 (lost and found)
Madison requires that all bicycles used in the city have current registration; register online (, by mail (you can print the form off the website) or in person at any bike shop or at the Treasurer's Office in the City-County Building. biking madison license bicycle
Animal Licenses
City Treasurer, Rm. 107, CCB
Cats and dogs in the city of Madison must be registered and wear a rabies vaccination tag provided by certified veterinarians after inoculation and an owner identification tag, which may be obtained from the Humane Society, veterinary clinics and pet stores. pet animal license
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


items in Isthmus More in Isthmus pool
Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar