10. Host John Urban's Stand-Up Comedy "What's the difference between a drummer and an extra large pizza?" A pizza can feed a family of four!
9. Art Paul Schlosser's Speech Accepting for "Best Compilation Album," it made perfect sense for Schlosser to say, "We would have world peace if more people worked together."
8. Gomers' Musical Interludes My favorite: "Funkytown" to usher up the winner of Best Electronic.
7. Miss Madison's Schmoozing "I'm happy to say this is my first official event wearing my crown."
6. Felicia Alima's Live Performance Her electrifying song and dance routine brought a contemporary pop edge to the show.
5. Social Theory from WORT Music director Sybil Augustine on the need to see live shows: "We don't want all this technology to isolate people. We want people to experience this music together."
4. Alakrity Rocks The Launchpad Madison regional winners attend Beloit Memorial High and shook the house like no one else Saturday night
3. A Tribute to George LeGros A poignant video collage celebrated the life of the late Buckinghams member ("Kind of a Drag") who played in Madison bands like the Shakers, the Fabulous Flemtones and 4 Out of 5 Doctors.
2. Grace from Clyde Stubblefield, accepting for Best Blues Artist: "Thank you for one of Madison's great awards. Peace and happiness. I love you."
1. Jonathan Little's Lifetime Achievement When the legendary Madison radio personality began speaking, it was like a generation of Madison teens had turned on their transistors again.
And now, the winners are...
SONG OF THE YEAR AWARDS
Barb Cheron - Boo's Blues
Jane Reynolds - The Love of Life
Jessi Lynn- A Little Bit Of You
The Dorothy Heralds- City of Stars and Light - Anonymous Mix
Laura Day- Singing At The Moon
Barb Cheron- C Me
Lucas Cates- We May Fall
Know Boundaries- the sling blade
The New Kentucky Quarter- Carry It Around
The Stellanovas- Think About Your Troubles
Roots Collective- What U Get
NON-GENRE AWARD CATEGORIES:
Chris Wagoner - The Stellanovas
Mary Gaines - The Stellanovas
DJ Wyatt Agard
ALBUM OF THE YEAR AWARDS
Queenie and the Blue Cats- Live at Milo's Place
Jim Ripp- Times & Places
Art Paul Schlosser- Art Paul Schlosser: The Tribute
The SpareTime Bluegrass Band- Bluegrass Matinee
Sensuous Enemy- Deadly Sins
John Statz- Dusk Came Slow
The Bob Westfall Quartet- "Beautifully Mad"
Lucas Cates- Contradictory
Felicia Alima- The Way We Do [EP]
Clear Blue Betty- Write Your Name in the Sky
Cajun Strangers- Valse A Deux Temps
Rising Gael- These City Walls
ARTIST OF THE YEAR AWARDS
The Clyde Stubblefield Band
The Sharp & Harkins Band
Clear Blue Betty
The Bob Westfall Band
David Hecht & Primitive Culture
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS:
Entertainer of the Year:
Clear Blue Betty
Cover Band of the Year:
Live Music Venue of the Year:
High Noon Saloon
Local Music Record Store of the Year:
Local Music Radio Station of the Year:
WORT 89.9 FM
Radio Personality of the Year:
Wish You Were Here Award: