1. In which U.S. state you would find Hot Springs National Park?
a) Oregon, b) Montana, c) Arkansas, d) Alaska
2. What 20th-century composer wrote the ballet "Appalachian Spring"?
a) Cole Porter, b) Aaron Copland, c) Stephen Sondheim, d) Rubin Goldmark
3. Which novel opens with the line: "The Mole had been working very hard all morning, spring cleaning his little home"?
a) The Hobbit, b) Return to Oz, c) Now We Are Six, d) The Wind in the Willows
4. Which movie musical includes the song "Younger Than Springtime"?a) Mary Poppins, b) State Fair, c) Anchors Aweigh, d) South Pacific
5. Whose book Silent Spring informed the public of the harmfulness of pesticides, leading to the ban on DDT?
a) Ida Tarbell, b) Nellie Bly, c) Rachel Carson, d) Joy Adamson
6. Cold Spring Harbor and Streetlife Serenade were the first two albums recorded what by popular pop singer?
a) Phil Collins, b) Elvis Presley, c) Billy Joel, d) Elton John
7. What poet asked "If Winter comes, can spring be far behind?"
a) Percy Bysshe Shelley, b) Edmund Spenser, c) Edgar Lee Masters, d) Omar Khayyam
8. Who romanced a middle-aged Vivien Leigh in the movie The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone?
a) Warren Beatty, b) John Gavin, c) Gregory Peck, d) William Shatner
9. Which U.S. president died at his vacation retreat in Warm Springs, Georgia?
a) Richard Nixon, b) Franklin Delano Roosevelt, c) Calvin Coolidge, d) Warren G. Harding
10. Whose first novel was the 1926 "romantic" comedy novel The Torrents of Spring?
a) William Faulkner, b) Ernest Hemingway, c) F. Scott Fitzgerald, d) Virginia Woolf